Author Topic: I Just Knew It Wouldn't Be Long Before Someone Writing About 'Annabelle Creation'...  (Read 589 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
...brought up DS - and in this case, specifically David, Sarah and Maggie...

FIRST PEEK: "Annabelle Creation" Ignites Creepiness on Steroids

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Of course, the real "Annabelle" doll is a large Raggedy Anne doll kept locked up in a "blessed" glass case in the Warren museum.  That doesn't sound so creepy, so in The Conjuring franchise it's made more, well, creepy.  Lorraine Warren, who served as an advisor on the original film, wasn't thrilled in turning Annabelle from her original state to something out of a Night Gallery episode.

Back in the early '80's, I attended a lecture given by Ed and Lorraine Warren at the post-graduate university I was attending.  I'm a total skeptic, but what they presented was totally "creepy," including AV material.  They talked about Annabelle.  They also mentioned, in a Q&A session, that there is one case they weren't ready to talk about because it "hit too close to home."  Maybe at some time they would.  That turned out to be The Conjuring.  But regarding Annabelle, that Raggedy Anne doll, it being just a Raggedy Anne doll was even creepier because it was just a Raggedy Anne doll - so innocent looking and so full of evil.  They stated that as they were driving home to place the doll in "isolation" after removing it from the people it was tormenting, their car went out of their control and headed for a crash when they threw it out of the window and they regained control.  At first they thought of leaving it, but then feared if someone else would find it.  So they collected it, doused it with tons of holy water and took it home where, in an exorcism, it was "bounded" but not "cleansed."  No one since has been allowed to touch it, let alone remove it from its case.

Gerard

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The Warrens are locals. I first became aware of them back in 1974 when they were brought in to investigate poltergeist activity at a house on Lindley Street in Bridgeport. The incident got a lot of newspaper and tv coverage. The owners claimed the usual stuff about loud noises, moving objects and a cat that sang Jingle Bells.
The coverage stopped abruptly, as accusations of fraud were made and the teenage girl who lived there admitted faking some of the activities. The Warrens maintained that the phenomenon was genuine but seemed to withdraw from the media surrounding it.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The Warrens are locals. I first became aware of them back in 1974 when they were brought in to investigate poltergeist activity at a house on Lindley Street in Bridgeport. The incident got a lot of newspaper and tv coverage. The owners claimed the usual stuff about loud noises, moving objects and a cat that sang Jingle Bells.
The coverage stopped abruptly, as accusations of fraud were made and the teenage girl who lived there admitted faking some of the activities. The Warrens maintained that the phenomenon was genuine but seemed to withdraw from the media surrounding it.

I was living in Pennsylvania when the Warren case of the Smurl family who lived in, I believe, West Pittson, happened.  It became national and local news.  I watched it every morning with updates.  The Catholic church refused to help them until it went on the air and was ashamed into giving assistance.  It became the book, and then one of Fox's first made-for-TV movies, The Haunted.  Look for it on youtube.

Gerard