Author Topic: Battle of the Network Stars Returns, Somewhat OT  (Read 643 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Battle of the Network Stars Returns, Somewhat OT
« on: June 13, 2017, 05:18:06 PM »
The granddaddy of reality TV is making a comeback. Battle of the Network Stars is returning to network TV, with about 100 different celebrities, some of which you may actually have heard of. The original was quite a guilty pleasure for many of us. I know that I will never forget KLS trying hopelessly to navigate a kayak. And, while Geoffrey Scott may not have given Dustin Hoffman any serious competition in acting, he was definitely someone you'd want on your side in a tug of war
The DS connection continues in this incarnation. Kelly Hu, who played Julia in the 2004 DS pilot, is on one of the teams. I wonder what stunts they'll have her do.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Network Stars Returns, Somewhat OT
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »
Wow - I don't even remember KLS being on the old BotNS, and you'd think I would. On the other hand, I try to block out of my mind everything about Geoffrey Scott, so I'm not surprised at all that I don't remember him...

I saw this article yesterday but didn't even bother to read it:

Battle of the Network Stars Full Cast Announced: The 10 Celebs We’re Most Psyched to See Throw Down

So, thanks for the heads up, Uncle Roger because otherwise none of us may have known Kelly Hu is going to be on. From what I understand, she is quite athletic, so it will definitely be interesting to see what she does. And she seems to have some good teammates...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
There is a clip of her desperately trying to navigate the kayak on YouTube. I don't know what was funnier: her with the kayak or Howard Cosell continuously calling her Kathy.
Scott was apparently a good athlete and he did the show twice.
Kelly is quite an athlete herself, as she did most of the stunts in the X-Men herself.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 09:13:18 PM »
I don't know if it indicates what event she'll be in, but I caught an ABC promo today that had some of the various stars mentioning events and Kelly Hu's was swimming relay...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 10:30:53 PM »
WHAT TO WATCH TONIGHT
June 29, 2017
Zoo Returns, Battle of the Network Stars Revival and More

9:00PM
ABC
Battle of the Network Stars
Sitcoms team (Fuller House‘s Dave Coulier, Roseanne‘s Tom Arnold,  The Goldbergs‘ AJ Michalka, Growing Pains‘ Tracy Gold and Perfect Strangers‘ Bronson Pinchot) battling TV Kids (Facts of Life‘s Lisa Whelchel and Kim Fields, Blossom‘s Joey Lawrence, High School Musical‘s Corbin Bleu, Modern Family‘s Nolan Gould).

So it looks like Kelly Hu may not be on this week's ep...