Author Topic: A New The Mist Trailer Is Here and It's the Stuff of Nightmares  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: A New The Mist Trailer Is Here and It's the Stuff of Nightmares
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 03:34:18 AM »
I've been holding out; don't ask me why.  Again, maybe hope springs eternal.  Each episode is more convoluted than the previous, the plots are all over the place, and none of the characters are likeable.  Not a one.  I wish they'd be offed by whatever is suppose to be in that mist.  All we've seen are man-eating cockroaches, moths and leeches.  And they're not that frightening.  Oh, and the Peyton Place stuff has gotten more, um, Peytonish.  There's even now a Luke-and-Laura thing going on involving two teenagers and a supposed rape.  Ho-hum.  It's pretty much a rehashing of The Walking Dead, including a crazy Episcopal priest.  Well, there's only a few episodes left.  Maybe those will make something out of this mess.  I've read reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and other critical sites and they're not so kind.  If anyone wants to watch it to form their own opinion, the whole spiel is on the Spike TV website (sans commercials; the only good thing) where I've been watching it.  When you've got nothing better to do after you've done the laundry and vacuumed the living room and GSN has hours and hours of Family Feud reruns, take a look.

Gerard

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 04:08:10 AM »
Okay, the whining critic is back.  So, I just watched the latest episode.  The survivors in the mall are at each other's throats and breaking into battling tribes.  The survivors in the Episcopal church are at each other's throats and breaking into battling tribes.  The survivors in the hospital are at each other's throats and breaking into battling tribes.  You get the gist.  There was one neat scene.  At the church, a psychotic teenage boy tries to murder an old woman he thinks is a witch.  She manages to fight him off, break a window allowing the mist inside and get out, locking the door with the psycho teenager inside.  A few scenes later we see what's left of him:  a rotted, melting corpse.  That was the highlight.  Three episodes left.  You know, despite how awful this adaptation is, I'm going to stick it out.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 09:16:29 PM »
WHAT TO WATCH TONIGHT
August 10, 2017
Nashville Finale, Primetime Weekend Update and More

10:00PM
Spike
The Mist
Nathalie continues to gain influence among the parishioners; Eve intervenes with Alex and Jay; a stop at Adrian’s home results in an unexpected discovery.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 09:35:33 PM »
Tonight's ep is also an Editor's Pick from tvguide.com:

The Mist
The Law of of Nature ( Season 1 | Episode 8 )
Nathalie's influence over the remaining church parishioners continues to grow. At the mall, Alex and Jay grow closer until Eve intervenes. Kevin and the group make a stop at Adrian's home where Kevin makes a shocking discovery.

And the show is also tonight's #5 Top Trending show...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 04:45:51 AM »
After I watch it tomorrow, I'll give my opinion.  You'll know what it'll probably be.  I can't imagine Stephen King being happy about this.  Has anyone else watched it?  The makers promise that in the last episode they'll reveal what's going on.  It's not obviously in King's novella unless in a very obscure way.  In the source (and the cinematic adaptation), a military experiment at a base had gone wrong (hinted at by soldiers also trapped in the supermarket) and a rift opened into another dimension allowing all the horrible monsters to cross over and begin to populate Earth.  So far, other than a brief mention of something happening at a local military base, this has nothing to do with horrific monsters.  It's about a bunch of unlikeable characters who experience hallucinations.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2017, 09:17:21 PM »
WHAT TO WATCH TONIGHT
August 17, 2017
Girlfriends' Guide and Project Runway Return, Zoo and More

Spike
The Mist
In the penultimate Season 1 episode, Adrian turns up at the mall with bad news, as the survivors begin to turn on Alex and Eve.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2017, 09:29:06 PM »

The Mist
The Waking Dream (Season 1 | Episode 9)
Adrian arrives at the mall with somber news. The mall survivors start to turn on Alex and Eve.

And the show is also tonight's #4 Top Trending show...

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 04:15:26 AM »
I forgot to give my "critique" of last Thursday's episode.  Spike TV "burped" during it and I had to wait a few days before I could view the entire show.  To be perfectly honest, I really don't remember what happened.  All I know was that it involved more Peyton Placeish melodrama and was all over the place.  No monsters.  Totally unlikeable characters being annoying.  That pretty much sums it up.  TV took other King works and made them work.  The epic novels were turned into mini-series (the best being The Stand).  Even the novella The Langoliers became a short mini-series and it worked.  The 2002 version of Carrie was a three-hour movie and the best of the cinematic versions (sorry for the heresy regarding the 1976 version which is a classic, but this one was better; 2013 stunk, a simple rehashing of elements from '76 and '02 and adding nothing new other than the bullies posting their abuse of Carrie [Chloe Grace Moretz - Carolyn in DS12] in the locker room on youtube - how trendy).  This version of The Mist is so far from the mark it can't be considered something "based upon the novel" (note it doesn't say novella) by King.  Well, I'll give my critique of tonight's episode after I watch it tomorrow.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2017, 12:17:26 AM »
WHAT TO WATCH TONIGHT
August 24, 2017
Charles Esten Returns to Whose Line, Update Wraps and More

"On TV this Thursday: ..., The Mist dissipates over on Spike TV..."

Spike
The Mist
Season 1 finale: Tensions flare as new information arises about the origins of………… the mist.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2017, 12:37:42 AM »

The Mist
The Tenth Meal (Season 1 | Episode 10)
Tensions at the mall finally come to a head, and the group makes a discovery that could provide answers about the mist's origins.

And the show is also tonight's #4 Top Trending show...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »
Oh no, Gerard - terrible news:

The Mist Cancelled at Spike

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2017, 02:29:11 AM »
MB, how could you break my heart like that?  Now what am I going to do after Thursday night when I can watch it on-line and then kvetch about it?  Somehow I'll pick up the pieces.  There must be a support-group for people like me.  With the holidays approaching, maybe I can start posting how awful all those Hallmark movies with Lisa Welchel are:  Love at Christmas; Christmas Love; Holiday Love; Love on New Year's; Love Under the Mistletoe; Fake-Tree Love, etc.  I'll watch them all:  girl meets boy; girl hates boy; girl dances with boy, girl loves boy.  I'll watch them all and report back here.  Maybe David Selby will have a cameo.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2017, 09:59:28 PM »

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER