Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1149  (Read 535 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1149
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:30:32 PM »
Robservations #1149

(And here IT is: one of Julia fandom's ultimate eps!)

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1149

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:20:05 AM »
Barnabas finds Julia and Roxanne is there. Barnabas uses his eye power again to control Roxanne and she leaves.
Flora and Randall talk and Lamar comes in. He and Randall argue. Lamar is blithering on about witchcraft and Q. He leaves and Roxanne losing her choice morsel of Julia has to settle for Lamar.
Barnabas tells Randall, a person he barely knows, that Roxanne has risen. Flora realizes a vampire is loose They learn Lamar is under her spell and follow him. At dawn Randall holds a cross on Roxanne. Okay, if I were Randall, I'd ask why Barnabas isn't staking her. Who made Roxanne a vampire, and how,does Barnabas know so much about it?  He really should have put him under his spell to work for him.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 11:11:18 PM »
The two vampires lock eyes and it looks like Barnabas does not have the upper hand here. He has no power over her and she warns him that he will pay for rescuing. I was never particularly impressed with Donna Wandrey as an ingenue but she is quite good as a relentless predator. Roxanne is, in some ways, more vicious than either Megan or Angelique and has a much more cadaverous appearance.
With Julia's neck unavailable, Roxanne goes after Lamar. Their roles shift dramatically and he seems to really enjoy being in her control. This moves a little too quickly as Barnabas and Randall stumble onto too much too quickly. Nice twist that daffy Flora figures out the entire vampire situation on her own.
With Barnabas unavailable, Randall is left alone to face Roxanne at the dawn's early light
Gene Lindsey is okay as Randall. He seems to know his lines and doesn't bump into things. But it would have been interesting to see how Don Briscoe would have played these scenes.
Fade Away and Radiate