Author Topic: Netflix Orders TV Series Adaptation Of ‘The Haunting of Hill House’  (Read 566 times)

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
As if the 1999 movie weren't enough of an abomination, I can't imagine how the essence of the novel can possibly survive a 10-hour series adaptation. I suppose they'll go into detailed episode-long flashbacks to previous residents of the house, or something or other, all of which would be entirely irrelevant to the story that Shirley Jackson was telling.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
When I was fortunate to be aboard the Queen Mary 2 for a month in her maiden season, Richard Johnson who played the psychiatrist "ghost hunter" in The Haunting gave a lecture on his career, theater, film and The Haunting.  He ended an urban legend once and for all.  The bending doors pushed by the spooks were not rubber.  They were wood.  Stage hands pushed against them.  It was difficult but they did it. 

Of course, after his lecture, we all watched The Haunting on the QM2's massive movie screen.  And there were copies of the DVD of the movie available suitable for signing. 

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile