Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1144  (Read 545 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1144
« on: March 31, 2017, 12:22:21 AM »
Robservations #1144

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1144

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 03:29:20 AM »
Julia has holes in her neck. We did not get to see Roxanne do the deed. Valerie has her in a locked room of an old light house. She plans to let her die and be a vampire. Now I remember seeing this but not how it progresses so it should be fun to watch.
Barnabas is at the Great House looking for Julia. Talks to Q.  Gerard and Charles Dawson come in. Charles is a lawyer and latest version of Nick Blair. Gerard wants Collinwood. Apparently Judah hasn't checked out the changes from last decades and that there might be a whole world out there to conquer. He also wants Q beheaded in 1840. I don't recall beheading being an accepted form or punishment in US and when was the last witchcraft trial?  1795 Collinsport and a hanging. A less messy form of death just ask my Aunt Anne.
Barnabas and his bride talk about Julia and then Gerard puts a spell on Valerie so she sees Armadeaus Collins and he knows who she is. Miranda!
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:12:17 PM »
For someone so experienced with vampires, Julia makes a lot of mistakes here. We don't see the bite. We don't even see Roxanne in the episode at all. The bite must have been pretty vicious, as Julia wasn't this weakened by her first bite from Tom Jennings. No surprise that Angelique is behind this but how did she acquire total obedience from Roxanne? She never had that with Barnabas. In some cases, he actually seemed to intimidate her. This is a much nastier Angelique than Mrs. Rumson, far much of a one note villain and not as interesting a character. Lara is quite effective but this Angelique is virtually devoid of audience sympathy.
Gerard and his yes man Charles are scoping out Collinwood. Revenge is in the air and Gerard seems to focus most of it on Quentin and Angelique. The idea of a witchcraft trial struck me as pretty dopey when I watched the show in 1970. My opinion of it has not changed. No one was ever beheaded, even back in 1692. This is taking poetic license a bit too far.
He does have more of a legitimate beef with Angelique and sets her up quite well. Angelique is spooked by the "ghost" of Amadeus. I'm not sure why. She's seen worse. She's done worse.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 02:46:35 AM »
This episode reminded me of one of those French farces in which characters go in and out of rooms at a dizzying pace. I've never seen the Collinwood foyer more busy and the doors more in use than they are here.