Author Topic: And Now The Return of Another New Slideshow (Sort of) [**Now featuring alternate versions of scenes - see replies #60,#82,#116,#138,#157,#180,#224,#240,#280,#372,#526**]  (Read 117172 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: And Now The Return of Another New Slideshow (Sort of)
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 08:00:53 PM »
And more of Scene 33:

He is at the portrait of Angelique.

And that's when yesterday's quote -

Page 11/Scene 33 - Quentin: 'Is this one of the family?'

- comes up, followed by today's quote -

Page 11/Scene 33 - Carlotta: 'That's Angelique Collins. She died in 1810.'

- coming up, followed by the script continuing with:

TRACY
           She's beautiful.

Quentin stares at it.  ...

And it's still the case that there aren't any differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point. However, both DC's and Grayson's scripts have some notations that we'll get into below.

And as for any differences in the dialogue, the first notation in DC's script has the word "this" crossed out in Quentin's dialogue and replaces it with "that", but neither word is used in the film because what Quentin actually asks is "Is she one of the family?" - and another dialogue notation in DC's as well as in Grayson's script is adding "Yes, it is" to Carlotta's dialogue, though what Carlotta actually says is "Yes, she is. She's Angelique Collins", and I love how she spells the year out completely by saying "She died in Eighteen Hundred and Ten" - and what Tracy actually says is "Well, she's beautiful, isn't she?"

And so far as any differences in the directions and descriptions go, Quentin isn't actually at the portrait of Angelique before he asks if she's one of the family because he smiles, nods toward it, and begins walking toward it just before he asks - and DC's script has a notation that Quentin is next to it when he asks, but in the film we don't actually see Quentin when he asks because he's off screen with, as can be seen in yesterday's capture -

- a shot of only the portrait on screen - and similarly, even though DC has a notation that Carlotta will be shot in close-up while she explains about the portrait, as can be seen in today's capture -

- what's on screen is a tight shot of Angelique's face in the portrait - and DC's script also has a notation that after Carlotta indicates the woman in the portrait is a member of the family, Carlotta will hold the rest of her lines until Quentin gets to the portrait - but while there is a slight pause in the way Carlotta delivers her lines, given that it's only the portrait that's seen on screen, we obviously have no idea if Quentin is at the portrait or not - and Grayson's script has a notation about the locket Carlotta is wearing, and as can be seen in the following capture (which is cropped and enlarged from the actual moment on screen) -

- Carlotta is indeed toying with it (though no one has yet to know the significance of that act) - and Grayson's script also has a notation that Carlotta is "enjoying" Quentin and Tracy's reactions to the portrait, and as can also be seen in the above capture, that's certainly the case (but again, with no one yet knowing the significance of that (nor the significance of the vase of yellow daffodils under the portrait)) - and DC's last notation on this bit of the script says that Tracy crosses to the portrait, however, she doesn't actually because, as can also be seen in the above capture, she's simply turned to look at it while standing in the same spot in the room that she's been in since Scene 33 started.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 08:40:48 PM »
Tracy is speaking for me in today's screen capture, when she says that the gallery is where she'll be spending most of her time.  That room is my very favorite room in the entire universe, and I often daydream of sitting on the window seat, reading a book.  It would be especially wonderful on sunny winter days.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 10:03:41 PM »
Yes, KMR, that is a great room!  [thumb]  And considering you want to read there, I'm pretty sure that the room used to be the Library at Lyndhurst before they added the addition in 1865, so your inclination is perfect!!  [nodassent]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2016, 01:26:27 AM »
And yet more of Scene 33, picking up where we left Quentin staring at Angelique's portrait:

Quentin stares at it.  Tracy moves to the window.

And that's when today's quote -

Page 11/Scene 33 - Tracy: 'Every room I've been in, I've kept thinking - oh, this is where I'll spend most of my time. But this is it! The view's incredible.'

- comes up, followed by the script continuing with:

CARLOTTA
                 I've prepared a salad for supper.
                 Shall I serve it here?

33     CONTD                                     CONTD   33

TRACY
                 Oh, yes - would you?

Quentin stares at it.  ...

And yes, while it's still the case that there aren't any differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point, both DC's and Grayson's scripts have some notations that we'll get into below.

And as for any differences in the dialogue, rather than today's quote, what Tracy actually says is "Carlotta, I think this is my favorite room. The view is really incredible" - and the notation in Grayson's script is that she crosses out the word "supper" in Carlotta's dialogue and replaces it with "dinner," as in "I've prepared a salad for dinner" - and after Carlotta asks if Tracy would like the salad served there, Tracy actually replies with "Uh...well, yes - would you?" However, unlike the way they're scripted, part of Tracy's remark about the Gallery being her favorite room and all of Carlotta's references to the salad and Tracy's response about it are all delivered off screen - but more on that below...

And so far as any differences in the directions and descriptions go, DC's script has a notation that Tracy's lines about the Gallery being her favorite room begin "on the cross," and while that's technically true, in the film she doesn't actually cross to any window because what she does do, as can be seen in today's capture -

- is cross to a nearby table, pick up a book (perhaps she's on a similar wavelength to what KMR wants to do in the room  [snow_wink]), and delivers her lines - however, the "The view is really incredible" part of it is delivered off screen because, as we can see in the following capture, what we actually see on screen is that the camera trucks in on -

- an extreme close-up of Quentin as he stares at Angelique's portrait as if mesmerized by it (the view that's captured him is obviously not the one outside  [snow_wink]) - and what's interesting about the shot of Quentin remaining on screen for the duration of everything else that follows in the parts of the Scene 33 that are covered in this post, DC's script actually contains a notation that Tracy is supposed to turn from the window to Carlotta and then cross to the table as she answers Carlotta regarding serving the salad, but obviously none of that is seen on screen, plus the last we see Tracy before Quentin's close-up, she's already standing at the table (and as we'll see from a capture for the next post, she'll still be standing there).

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 12:11:00 AM »
And concluding Scene 33 and moving beyond within the sequence:

Carlotta smiles and nods.  She EXITS as Quentin
       crosses to the window where he stands for a moment
       looking out at the sunset.

Page 12/Scene 33 - Quentin: 'You know...I have a felling that I'll do better work here than I've ever done before...look at the color of that sunset!'

34     EXT - COLLINWOOD GROUNDS - QUENTIN'S P.O.V. -     34
       EVENING

The sky is a magnificent canvas of colors, in
       the F.G. is a large tree with huge spreading
       limbs.  HOLD on this for a moment and then

CUT TO:

35     EXT - COLLINWOOD GROUNDS - 1810 - QUENTIN'S       35
       P.O.V.

SUBCONSCIOUS MEMORY CUT

For an instant the view from the window suddenly
       takes on a completely different look.  The picture
       is now almost devoid of color with a kind of milky
       look that makes it seem unreal.  It is almost dark
       and a heavy ground fog swirls and eddies about.
       Suddenly, we notice that a figure of some kind
       seems to be hanging from a branch high up in a
       tree.  FAST ZOOM IN.  It is the figure of a woman
       in a long dress, a rope around her neck,  The
       figure is no more that a bleak silhouette so
       that it is impossible to tell what she looks like.

TRACY (O.S.)
                 It's almost like living in a
                 museum.  Isn't it?

End of scene. Though there's more to the sequence...

And yes, while it's still the case that there aren't any differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point, once again DC's script has a notation that we'll get into below.

But so far any differences in the dialogue go, after Carlotta leaves and the camera is back to being on Quentin as he walks to look out the window, in a bit of off screen unscripted dialogue Tracy muses "That's our housekeeper. She makes me feel like she invited us here" (she's obviously already picking up vibes from Carlotta) - and then she adds "It's beautiful, isn't it", which may have been scripted for later in the sequence, but more on that after we get to that section of the script - and what Quentin actually says is "I got a feeling I'm gonna do better work here than I've ever done before in my life", with no reference to a sunset, but why that is will become obvious below.

And so far as any differences in the directions and descriptions go, we don't see Carlotta smile or nod at Tracy before she leaves the room to get the salad, but as can be seen in the following capture -

- Carlotta does give a look in Quentin's direction before she leaves (because, after all, for Carlotta the scene is all about Quentin) and she gives a little smile to herself as she turns to leave, no doubt because as she leaves the camera pans back to Quentin to show that he's still looking at Angelique's portrait - and even though DC's script has a notation that indicates that as Quentin is starting to look out the window at the sunset, Tracy is supposed to reach the table and to start to leaf through a book, that is never seen here because 1) the camera remains on Quentin throughout that portion of Scene 33, and 2) and more importantly, last time we got into that she already did much of that as she told Carlotta how much she liked the Gallery - and while it could possibly be late enough in the day to be close to sunset, the sunset as described in the script is not what Quentin sees when he looks out the window because what he actually sees, as can be seen in the next capture -

- is an overcast view (remember, it was raining when they arrived) with some spring-flowing trees in bloom and other trees getting their green leaves - and when things change over to the 1810 memory, things may not be in as sharp a contrast as they would be had Quentin seen the sunset as described, but as can be seen in this next capture -

- the 1810 memory is certainly of a decidedly bleak scene and as the script indicates, "almost devoid of color" - and it's interesting that after the camera does zoom in on the figure in the tree -

- one can tell that it's a woman (thanks mostly to the hair and style of shoes), but what's more interesting is that there are a few publicity stills for the film that depict a much more discernible figure of a woman hanging in the tree (one of which was obviously used as a basis for the A version of the NoDS poster, and at least one that actually depicts a skeleton with just the tattered shreds of clothes remaining, but in its case no such shot is actually ever seen in the film - and a final point is that the dialogue that is scripted for Tracy at the end of Scene 35 is actually delivered off screen over a shot of Quentin at the end of Scene 34 just before the cut to the 1810 memory.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 01:20:11 AM »
Oops - I just realized I jumped the gun and already discussed tomorrow's quote!  [snow_strange]

Well, I'm certainly not going to remove what I posted about it today (not that it was much) and what I posted is best gotten into in a context with Scenes 33, 34 and 35, anyway. And it'll save me from having to post about it tomorrow.  [snow_wink]

But tomorrow's quote is:

Page 12/Scene 35 - Tracy (O.S.): 'It's almost like living in a museum, isn't it?'

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »
Something that I've never thought of before just dawned on me (thanks to dom bringing a capture to the forefront in the "Caption This! - 1970PT" game) - considering that NoDS is loosely based on the 1970PT storyline, I wonder if these parts of the script:

26     EXT - COLLINWOOD - DAY - MEDIUM ANGLE             26

as Quentin closes the trunk and in one quick
       motion sweeps Tracy off her feet, intending to
       carry his bride across the threshold.

and

28     INT - FOYER - DAY                                 28

as Quentin carries Tracy in he gives her a big
       kiss.  ...

were inspired by this 1970PT scene in Ep #981, which Sam Hall also wrote:

Or perhaps Sam Hall just loved wives carried over the threshold scenes.  [snow_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2016, 10:36:43 PM »
Moving on to Scene 36 and beyond within the sequence:

36     QUENTIN - CLOSE-UP (NORMAL COLOR) - 1971          36

Oblivious to Tracy, he stares out the window.

TRACY (O.S.)
                 Quentin?

37     EXT - GROUNDS - 1971 - QUENTIN'S P.O.V. -         37
       NORMAL COLOR

It is back to normal again - no fog, no body in
       the tree.

38     TRACY - MEDIUM ANGLE                              38

PAN WITH HER as she crosses to Quentin.

Page 13/Scene 38 - Tracy: 'Darling, what's wrong? What are you thinking about?'

- comes up.

And it's still the case that there aren't any differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point - and there also aren't any notations in either script for what's covered in this post.

But so far any differences in the dialogue go, Tracy's off screen dialogue in Scene 36 is moved to Scene 37 - and at the outset of Scene 38 she asks an unscripted "Darling, what's the matter?" on screen before actually crossing over from behind Quentin to deliver the quoted dialogue exactly as written.

And so far as the directions and descriptions go, the only things that are different in the film is that Quentin actually does some unscripted blinking of his eyes in Scene 36 before we see in Scene 37 that things are back to normal - and as sort of alluded to above, we don't pan with Tracy after she asks Quentin what's the matter because after that we immediately see Quentin and Tracy actually comes to him from behind him.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 10:44:46 PM »
Continuing with Scene 38 and up to the end of the sequence:

Suddenly, Quentin realizes she is next to him.

Page 13/Scene 38 - Quentin: 'What? (turns to her) Oh, I don't know. Just ... daydreaming I guess.'

He frowns as they both look out the window.

TRACY
                 It's so beautiful.

39     HIGH ANGLE                                        39

as Carlotta ENTERS with the tray.  Tracy crosses
       to the table, Quentin still stands at the window.

QUENTIN - CLOSE-UP

He is still trying to understand what it was he
       saw.

Page 13/Scene 39 - Tracy (O.S.): 'Come on, darling ... it looks delicious.'

- comes up.

End of scene and sequence.

And it's still the case that there aren't any differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point, however, there are notations in both scripts that we'll get into below...

And so far any differences in the dialogue go, Quentin really only mouths the "What?" part of his lines and what he actually does say is "Nothing ... I was just daydreaming I guess" - and while Tracy sighs at his remark, her line that it's so beautiful is not delivered (though, as I mentioned in reply #34, that could be because she makes a similar remark off screen in Scene 33) - and while Carlotta's return to the room doesn't actually take place in the film as it currently stands, Grayson Hall has a notation in her script that when Carlotta returns she says "I brought some white wine. I hope you like it", and what's very interesting about that is that unlike in any other version of NoDS, in the one that's available on Amazon, during Quentin's final close-up we actually do hear Carlotta say "I brought some" before she gets cut off by the effect of the film moving to Scene 40 - and as is obvious given today's graphic for today's quote, Tracy's quoted off screen line also does not appear in the film as it currently stands (however, all of this missing stuff is part of the recovered footage).

And so far as the directions and descriptions go, as I've already pretty much noted, we don't see Carlotta enter with the tray or Tracy cross to the table because all that remains in the film from Scene 39 is Quentin's close-up. And speaking of that close-up, DC has a notation in his script that Quentin's close-up is "full face", which I suppose is the way it appears to be. And getting back to Grayson's script, she has a notation that Carlotta should start to serve, and the notation does go on a bit from there, but, unfortunately, it's hard to decipher all of her handwriting, so we'll leave it at that.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2016, 09:18:24 PM »
Setting up the new scene, which is part of a sequence in the script that is very different from the way it appears in the current version of the film:

DISSOLVE TO:

40     INT - MASTER BEDROOM - NIGHT                      40

Tracy is already in bed as Quentin is still
       getting ready.

Page 13/Scene 40 - Tracy: 'We're very naughty. We should have at least called the Jenkins'.'

- comes up.

And it's still the case that there aren't any differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point - though there is a notation in DC's script that we'll get into below...

And when it comes to any differences in the dialogue, what Tracy actually says is "Well, I think we're very naughty. We should have at least tried to call the Jenkins." And I have no idea why the quoted line uses the possessive form of Jenkins (Jenkins') because most would take Tracy's intent to mean phone the Jenkins as people and not, say, phone their house, so that's why I didn't use the possessive form. But the possessive form is the way it appears in the script, so that's the way it's quoted.

And so far as the directions and descriptions go, while DC's script has a notation that seems to indicate that he'd planned for Scene 40 to begin with a shot of Tracy in bed, as can be seen in today's capture -

- the scene actually begins with Tracy in the background and Quentin in the foreground. And I absolutely love how Quentin's face is in shadow and silhouetted.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 09:58:42 PM »
Continuing with Scene 40 with Quentin's reply to Tracy:

QUENTIN
                 They'll understand.

40     CONTD                                     CONTD   40

He crosses to the bed and gets in.

And that's when today's first quote -

Page 14/Scene 40 - Quentin: 'Are you going to be happy here?'

- comes up, followed by today's second quote -

Page 14/Scene 40 - Tracy: 'Yes, if you are ...'

- coming up.

And there are still no differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point - and there are also no notations in DC's script for this part of the scene.

And when it comes to any differences in the dialogue, what Quentin actually asks is "Are you gonna be happy here?" - and what Tracy actually replies is "Well, I think I am if you are..."

And so far as the directions and descriptions go, Quentin actually shuts off a table lamp, crosses to a window and closes it, moves closer to the bed to flick the switch to shut off both wall lights, and then removes his slippers and robe before getting into bed.

And can I just say that, as can be seen in the either of today's captures -

- the shot of Quentin and Tracy in bed from this part of the scene must be one of the darkest things ever shot for any version of DS. But then, this isn't called Dark Shadows for nothing...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2016, 12:22:37 AM »
Concluding Scene 40 and moving through the sequence as it was scripted, shot, and how it originally played:

First up, today's quote -

Page 14/Scene 40 - Quentin: 'I am. I don't know why ... or how ... I don't really understand it ... but I almost feel as if I had come home at last.'

- which is then followed in the script by:

They are in each other's arms as we slowly

DISSOLVE TO:

41     EXT - FRONT OF COLLINWOOD - NIGHT - WIDE ANGLE    41

It is much later.  The house is completely dark.
       The only sound is the GENTLE MOANING OF THE WIND.
       Suddenly the strange light we saw in the opening
       sequence begins to emanate from the Tower Room.
       CAMERA starts a SLOW ZOOM IN

42     INT - MASTER BEDROOM - NIGHT                      42

Quentin and Tracy are asleep.  The curtains billow
       gently at the windows.  CAMERA STARTS A SLOW TRUCK
       IN on Quentin as he begins to stir restlessly in
       his sleep.  Finally he rolls over on his back.  His
       eyes are wide open and he seems to be listening
       intently to some unheard sound.  Slowly he starts
       to rise from the bed as CAMERA TRUCKS back revealing
       Tracy still sound asleep.  Quentin, now out of the
       bed and moving as if in a trance, puts on his robe
       and quietly EXITS the room.

43     INT - CORRIDOR - OUTSIDE MASTER BEDROOM - LOW     43
       ANGLE

as Quentin ENTERS the shot PAN with him as he
       starts toward the stairway to the third floor.

44     EXT - COLLINWOOD - NIGHT                          44

SHOT favors the windows of the Tower Room, they
       still glow faintly from the light within.

HOLD on this for a moment as Quentin suddenly
       appears near the windows and then moves out of

44     CONTD                                     CONTD   44

sight toward another part of the room.  RACK
       FOCUS to EXTREME CLOSE-UP of Gerard, who has
       been standing there watching, his eyes blazing
       with hatred.

DISSOLVE TO:

45     INT - MASTER BEDROOM - NIGHT                      45

Tracy, alone in the bed, stirs, half awake.  She
       reaches out for Quentin, awakens a little more,
       sees he is gone.  Then she falls back to sleep.

End of scene - though not end of sequence as it will pick up in tomorrow's post with the morning after...

And there are still no differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point - but there is a notations in DC's script that we'll get into below...

And when it comes to any differences in the dialogue, the way Quentin's dialogue for Scene 40 works is that he actually says "I guess I will be", and then after they snuggle closer and Quentin kisses Tracy's forehead, he adjusts his head back on his pillow, puts his right arm behind his head, and actually says "I don't know why" - to which Tracy replies with an unscripted questioning grunt - and then Quentin actually continues with "I almost feel like I've come home again" - and Tracy actually replies to that with an unscripted "Well, that's good."

And so far as the directions and descriptions go, I've already explained what happens in Scene 40, but unlike how the script indicates that the end of Scene 40 dissolves into the beginning of Scene 41, in the film it's actually a simple cut to a shot -

- of the front of Collinwood - and the shot does not show any light in the tower room, nor does the shot zoom in - however, in one of the trailers for the film there is a shot of the back Collinwood that zooms in to a light moving in the tower room -

- so it's quite possible that is the shot that was originally intended to be Scene 41 - and DC has a notation on his script that he wanted Scene 45 to come before the section of Scene 44 that deals with Gerard.

And as we know, Scenes 42 through 45 do not appear in the film as it stands. Due to MGM's demanded cuts, they are replaced by a dream sequence that's made up of Scene 126 (though audio only from some of the dialogue from that scene), Scene 145 & 146, and Scenes 101 through 103 (though in Grayson's script part of Scene 101 was originally Scene 67 before a 3/31 rewrite - but more on that when we get to that part of the script).

(ADMIN: Edited to add video and remove screen captures)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2016, 11:20:40 PM »
Setting up the new scene:

CUT TO:

46     INT - MASTER BEDROOM - DAY                        46

It is the following morning.  Quentin is still
       asleep.  Tracy has just finished dressing and
       now stands looking down at him.  She smiles,
       leans over, kisses him lightly.

TRACY
                 Quentin ...

He barely stirs.

Come on.  It's your first day
                 here.  Are you going to sleep
                 it away?

Still no response.  She shakes him, still smiling.
       Finally, he turns on his back, opens his eyes.
       He stares at her, unsmiling, almost as if he didn't
       remember her.

TRACY
                 Good morning!

At last Quentin smiles, reaches over and touches
       her.

Page 15/Scene 46 - Quentin: 'Hi...wake me in two hours. I'm beat.'

- comes up.

And there are still no differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point - but there is a notations in DC's script that we'll get into below...

And when it comes to any differences in the dialogue, we have no way of knowing at this point because the scene is not in the film as it currently stands.

And so far as any differences in the directions and descriptions go, again, we have no way of knowing at this point. However, there is a notation in DC's script that the scene would open on Tracy's face and then pan down with her.

And as a side note, the following line -

NoDS: Scene #46 - Tracy: 'It's your first day here. Are you
going to sleep it away?'

- was included in the NoDS section of the Movies Quotes Slideshow because it's the entry for July 20th on the Fest's 1999 Movie Calendar of quotes. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
Picking up where we left off with Scene 46:

He yawns, starts to turn over again.  She stops
       him with a kiss.

Page 15/Scene 46 - Tracy: 'Serves you right for wandering around last night without me.'

46     CONTD                                     CONTD   46

QUENTIN
                 For doing what?

TRACY
                 I woke up and you weren't here.

QUENTIN
                 You imagined it.

Page 16/Scene 46 - Tracy: 'We haven't been married that long. I know when you're not in my bed.'

- comes up.

And there are still no differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point.

And as for anything different in the dialogue, we have no way of knowing at this point because the scene is not in the film as it currently stands.

And as for what might be different when it comes to the directions and descriptions, again, we have no way of knowing at this point.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2016, 06:40:02 AM »
Wrapping up Scene 46, beginning with yesterday's quote, Quentin's reply to Tracy:

Page 16/Scene 46 - Quentin: 'Well, I was and all night, dreaming very strange dreams.'

- which is followed by the script continuing with:

He struggles into a half-sitting position.

Page 16/Scene 46 - Tracy: 'I won't fight with you. Ever. Now get up.'

- comes up, followed in the script by:

She EXITS as the CAMERA TRUCKS IN TO HIS CLOSE-UP.
       His eyes are very far away as he tries to remember
       the "Dream".

End of scene.

And there are still no differences between the way DC's and Grayson Hall's scripts are written up to this point.

And as for anything different in the dialogue, we have no way of knowing at this point because the scene is not in the film as it currently stands.

And as for what might be different when it comes to the directions and descriptions, again, we have no way of knowing at this point.