Author Topic: Zany Music Box Melodies  (Read 8718 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Zany Music Box Melodies
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2002, 08:48:06 AM »
Angelique really needed Love Poton # 9  
Chris J(my fave)Werewolves of London or Collinsport or
anywhere you are :-*

Angelique again Witchy Woman(love those Eagles)

Barnabas Roxanne(but he could change it to Josette
or Vicki or Aachel or Lady H or the ladies of the docks but never angelique unless she gets the above love potion)

jennifer
have to say that i love all the songs but Dirk's People are strange really had me laughing :o

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2002, 12:53:49 PM »
Here's one Barnabas could sing to Angelique- You Don't Own Me! By Leslie Gore.   Or here's one that Barnabas & Angelique could sing together during their fling in Martinique, Im not sure of the name but it's sung by Meatloaf and it goes like this:  Angelique: I gotta know right now!! Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life? Will you take me away, will you make me your wife?!  And Barnabas singing the last verse: So now Im praying for the end of time so I can end my time with you!!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2002, 04:06:58 PM »
"Or here's one that Barnabas & Angelique could sing together during their fling in Martinique, Im not sure of the name but it's sung by Meatloaf and it goes like this:  Angelique: I gotta know right now!! Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life? Will you take me away, will you make me your wife?!  And Barnabas singing the last verse: So now Im praying for the end of time so I can end my time with you!!"

Ah, yes, "Love By the Dashboard Light," a fine song by Meatloaf that aptly describes the Barnabas-Angelique relationship!  

Or I thought it would be a cool song for David and Hallie, who surely were headed for some kind of hormonally-charged teenage fling sometime down the line!

Robin

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2002, 12:34:01 AM »
Thanks Robin!  It's nice to see you here too!!  :)     I just couldn't get that title in my mind, thanks for refreshing my memory. ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2002, 04:18:26 AM »
Reference to the Adam and Eve post--

Adam to Eve "Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree"

Also:

Barnabas  "One Has My Name, The Other Has My Heart"

Barnabas  "In the Misty Moonlite"

Angelique  "You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man"

Cocoa
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2002, 05:11:01 AM »
Dear Vam,

Here are a couple more zany music box melodies that dawned on me as I drove out of Atlantic City onto the beautiful Garden State Parkway:

Julia Hoffman to Barnabas Collins - Constant Craving (K.D. Lang)

John Yeager to Maggie Evans Collins - Anticipation (Carly Simon)

Here's one that can apply to two JD's with varying connections to Dark shadows:

(1) Tony Peterson to Carolyn Stoddard, and
(2) Ben to Katherine Leigh Scott - *Lawyers in Love (Jackson Browne)

*(I would also like to include those two honorary JD's: Gerard and Ringo in number (2) as well.

Bob the Bartender, winner of the Coach from "Cheers" lookalike contest.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2002, 05:20:45 AM »
Bob,

Wouldn't it be a great idea to take all these Zany Music Box Melodies on this post to the Festival and present them in a session? We could share them with other fans, who are not on the post and the celebrities might also enjoy them.
Do you have any ideas or perhaps Midnite may have a suggestion?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2002, 06:01:35 AM »
Here's one that can apply to two JD's with varying connections to Dark shadows:

(2) Ben to Katherine Leigh Scott - *Lawyers in Love (Jackson Browne)

*(I would also like to include those two honorary JD's: Gerard and Ringo in number (2) as well.

Aw, shucks, Bob, thanks for thinking of me.  What a coincidence that you thought of a song from me to TLATKLS, for she was the only DS star I had a picture with at last year's Fest.

I'm flattered to be in the company of Gerard and Ringo, esquires in their own right.  If you all are in Anaheim this June, and we can commandeer a piano, I'll play the themes from "Perry Mason" and "Cheers" for you.

Ben

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2002, 06:43:26 AM »
Dear Vam and Ben,

Yes, our zany music box melodies would be a worthwhile topic of discussion for Dark Shadows fans at one of the upcoming festivals.  I think that the irrepressible Roger Davis would be the perfect moderator for this  'uninhibited" discussion.

Ben, In addition to the Cheers theme, would you please play for me, the theme song for my favorite show (after Dark Shadows), the one and only Gilligan's Island: "With Gilligan, the Skipper too, the millionare and his wife, the movie star, the Professor and Mary Ann, here on Gilligan's Isle."  (6:00 PM - EST on TV Land is "must see tv" for me every weeknight!)

By the way, Woody Allen once said that Richard Nixon decided to run for the presidency in 1968, the same year that Gilligan's Island was cancelled.  Was there some connection, Mr. Allen mused?  

Here's another zany music box melody suggestion:

Maggie Evans Collins to her abusive PT husband, Quentin Collins  - Don't Talk (Natalie Merchant, formerly of 10,000 Maniacs)

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2002, 10:27:51 AM »
Dear Vam, here are some more:   Peter Bradford singing to Vicky: JailHouse Rock, by Elvis Presley,   Sandor singing about himself: Sharp Dress Man, by ZZTopp,  Angelique singing to Barnabas: Bang Bang (my baby shot me down) by Sonny & Cher,    Barnabas as a vampire: Walkin After Midnight, by Patsy Cline,   Barnabas & Josette singing together, Someday We'll Be Together,by The Supremes  ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2002, 05:32:16 PM »
Ben, In addition to the Cheers theme, would you please play for me, the theme song for my favorite show (after Dark Shadows), the one and only Gilligan's Island: "With Gilligan, the Skipper too, the millionare and his wife, the movie star, the Professor and Mary Ann, here on Gilligan's Isle."

Hmmm, requests?  Sure!  My current TV theme medley includes the following distinguished fare: Bewitched, MASH, Cheers, Andy Griffith, Leave It to Beaver, The Flintstones, Everybody Loves Raymond, Hill Street Blues, Growing Pains, Family Ties, I Love Lucy, LA Law, and Perry Mason.  We can add Gilligan to that list.

Ben
(still thinking of a way to translate the main DS theme into a piano solo, although Quentin's Theme and that maudlin thing Laszlo always did are do-able  ;))

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2002, 08:44:37 PM »
(still thinking of a way to translate the main DS theme into a piano solo, although Quentin's Theme and that maudlin thing Laszlo always did are do-able  ;))

Ben,

You don't mean Laszlo-You are speaking about Michael Stroka's character Bruno Hess. The tune he always played was "Ode to Angelique" in 1970PT. ;)

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2002, 06:47:29 AM »
Oops!  Sorry, VAM.  I guess once you hit 40, the centuries start to run together.   :-[

Yes, I'm familiar with "Ode to Angelique," and I guess that's the song I meant -- where Stroka is playing the piano in such a campy way, swaying violently back and forth on the piano bench, I was so sure the next song would be "Feelings."

But there was another song, I believe in 1841PT, that struck me because it seemed a bit modern for that era.  What was the song, and who was the pianist?

Ben
(Feeling as though that very last sentence should have begun with, "For five hundred dollars ...")  :D

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2002, 07:02:30 AM »
But there was another song, I believe in 1841PT, that struck me because it seemed a bit modern for that era.  What was the song, and who was the pianist?

Ben,

I think it was Nancy Barrett's character Melainie Collins. Sorry, I do not know the song. Perhaps someone else can offer a response.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2002, 09:19:30 AM »
Ben, I remember you had that reaction to Cobert's "Joanna's Theme" from the 1840 story.  It *is* lovely but does seem better suited to NoDS.  Oh yeah, and it was Gerard that played it, wigging Quentin out since he torched his copy after writing it, but Gerard insisted he had just found it lying around.  (But we know how it really got there, heheh.)