Author Topic: DS episodes scheduled for Decades network broadcast  (Read 12508 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: DS episodes scheduled for Decades network broadcast
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2016, 04:07:48 AM »
Clearly, someone who works for TV Guide understands that the true signature personage of DARK SHADOWS is The Pen.   This is why the show is usually described in web blurbs as "DARK SHADOWS, the Gothic soap opera featuring the exploits of that legendary villain, The Pen, who terrorized the residents of an isolated mansion in Maine."

In many middle and high schools, there was a telephone tree where kids would phone one another around 4:02 p.m. to inform everyone "make sure to turn it on, gang!  The Pen showed up in the opening monologue!!!!!!!!"

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »
Clearly, someone who works for TV Guide understands that the true signature personage of DARK SHADOWS is The Pen.

As everyone should. But if their enjoyment of the shows lies elsewhere (as hard as that is to believe), be nsure to vheck out Decades Web site today to see an extremely rare photo of Barnabas from the 1897 storyline and to listen to an August 2, 1968 Dick Cavett interview with Frid. Plus, once again you can discover Which Dark Shadows character are you?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2016, 08:10:28 PM »
The Through The Decades segment on DS isn't half bad. Well, the clips from the show are ones we've seen over and over, and the comments from the celebrities are clips most of us have seen on shows like Entertainment Tonight from the early '90s (back when the '91 DS was gearing up), but it's all put together well along with comments from two people I've never heard of: Steven August Papa (billed as Lifetime Dark Shadows Fan) and Wally Podrazik (billed as Television Curator/Museum Of Broadcast Communications). And, with the exception of a short '90s clip during one of the bumpers to promote the DS segment as upcoming in the show, neither a head nor hair of a certain someone who normally dominates these things...

Now it's back to my own private celebration of The Pen. What will Roger do when he finds out that Vicki found The Pen at Lookout Point? Ooooo, I'm on the edge of my seat!!  [b003]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2016, 01:00:04 AM »
Thanks to a member who prefers me to post the news, I've learned that another DS Binge on Decades is coming our way later this month in time for Halloween, which was also the case last year. However, if we can believe the schedule on their Web site, it seems as if this upcoming binge will begin with Ep #251, showing at 1:00pm ET on October 29th, and end with Ep #334, showing at 6:30am ET on October 31st.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2016, 03:37:28 PM »
Hmm, my cable program guide lists episode #708 thru #791. That would be nice for a change of pace. I remember an issue about this once before - the announcement not matching the actual airing.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2016, 06:15:24 PM »
That's very interesting. And you know what's even more interesting: the listings on TVGuide.com for the 29th (the other days aren't up yet) agree with your cable program guide. But let's not forget that, unfortunately, the last time around when TVGuide.com said Decades would be showing Eps #77-#88 (The glory of THE Pen - oh, and Bill's Ghost, too), but those weren't the eps that actually ran because the eps on Decades' schedule, Eps #211-#222, were the ones that ran. [sad1]

It would be great the see 1897, though...

And if it does turn out that this time around Decades does show Eps #251-#334, one really has to wonder where TVGuide.com and the cable program guides would be getting the idea that totally different eps are running on Decades? It's always been my understanding that the stations themselves provide their programming - but how could someone at Decades be that far off so often - especially when their own schedules say what will actually show?!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2016, 11:28:07 PM »
That's exactly what I am wondering.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2016, 05:46:21 AM »
I just checked the on-screen program guide from Comcast - it doesn't start until 1 in the afternoon and the first episode listed is 708, so that would seem to be the correct info.
Josette

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2016, 02:05:00 AM »
This info was just posted on another site:

First episode they are showing is #251 when Barnabas locks Maggie in the basement. For some reason Decades has numbered the episode as #7116. The last episode shown will be when David informs Burke and Dr. Woodard of the mausoleum secret room. They've numbered that one as 7199.  (end quote)

I wonder if this ultimately came from somebody who has some kind of connection with Decades, because otherwise, I have no idea how the person was able to figure this out.  Those new episode numberings are strange.  I wonder whether the "7" comes from 1967 and the 116/199 refers to the actual episode number WITHIN THAT YEAR.  I don't have time to try to figure out if that would work.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2016, 02:32:40 AM »
Gothick, I've found it easy to figure out which eps are on Decades' schedule because it provides a synopsis for each ep. I've never gone by the numbers they use. But I just checked and you are exactly correct when it comes to how Decades is numbering the eps. Ep #251 is the 116th ep of '67, and the original DS Program Guide lists all the eps both ways. Knowing that is going to make things a hell of a lot easier next time.  [hall2_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2016, 06:18:24 PM »
I wan't really paying all that much attention to what happens at the beginning of Ep #251, but for Decades to jump into the already established story like they are today, as I just watched I realized it's a perfect place, what with Maggie's attempt to stake Barnabas "the madman" Collins (though how she thought she was going to do it with just her own strength is questionable [wink2]). And then to continue with Maggie's failure ending up with her locked in the basement cell - not to mention Vicki's first exposure to the music box. The ep contains new developments in the plot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2016, 07:00:29 PM »
Love the new bumper for this Binge! I have plans, so I won't have a chance to do it today, but as soon as I find the time, I'll post a video of it...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2016, 07:02:11 PM »
Carolyn - "Oh, I've just had the most wonderful day I've ever had, we've been up and down every road, street, across every field, and on the beaches. It was living, Buzz, wasn't it?"
Buzz - "A gas, man. A gas."

A gas, indeed!!  [hall2_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2016, 07:34:16 PM »
Carolyn - "I never have much trouble finding a companion. You know that."
Liz - "Like that Buzz, I suppose, or whatever his name is?"
Carolyn - "I could do worse. And if I have the chance, I probably will."

Oh, she certainly will!!  [sad3]

And I don't know why I never realized it before, but the perfect game to play while watching these eps is to get a group together and take a drink every time someone says "madman" - everyone would be drunk after only watching 4 or 5 eps!!  [laughing11]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2016, 08:29:37 PM »
How cool that Buzz got some screentime again!

If ya feel it, SIT IT!

G.