Author Topic: ** MORE BIG CHANGES *MIGHT* BE COMING IN 2015 **  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
** MORE BIG CHANGES *MIGHT* BE COMING IN 2015 **
« on: January 08, 2015, 06:19:10 PM »
SMF, the forum's system, has released the 2.1 Beta 1 version, which promises "many improvements and new features." We have no idea when the final version will be released because there will certainly be other beta versions and release candidates before then. But chances are the final version will probably come out at some point in 2015 and the forum will switch over to it after that happens.

Right now we have no idea what the "many improvements and new features" are because I've been so busy that I haven't downloaded/installed a copy for Midnite, dom and I to play with - but hopefully we'll get the chance to do that within a month or so. I only hope that things aren't so different that we'll need to create an entirely new theme for the forum. But I suppose we'll cross that bridge if/when we have to...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: ** MORE BIG CHANGES *MIGHT* BE COMING IN 2015 **
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 12:56:45 AM »
Change is good! [ghost_wink]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: ** MORE BIG CHANGES *MIGHT* BE COMING IN 2015 **
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 06:34:10 PM »
One of these days I definitely have to find the time for us to play with 2.1. The second Beta version was released in mid-July, so the final release can't be too far down the road, and we definitely need to familiarize ourselves with it before I install it for real and we expect members to use it.  [ghost_wink]

Maybe this coming weekend. It's the first weekend in a long while that I don't have anything planned...