Author Topic: WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT  (Read 173577 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT
« Reply #675 on: May 16, 2004, 12:34:24 AM »
Could he know something?

I doubt it.  I think at this point it's safe to assume that those who know won't say....and those who say, don't know.

I think I'll make this last article absolutely the very last one I read on the subject.

When one of our moderators tells us what's been officially announced by the WB network, I'll consider myself notified.
 >:(
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 16, 2004, 06:37:28 AM »
I went to the Motor City Comic Con in Novi, Michigan, today and talked to Kate Jackson and here is what she told me about the pilot:  First, I asked her if she was approached to be in it and she said yes, she was, but she was busy shooting something else and couldn't do it.  (Sob!  Cool that she was asked, though!)  Now here is the bad news.  She said the pilot didn't go over well with the WB and it was overbudget and the shooting went past deadline, so the WB passed on it.  Sob!!!  But then she did say something hopeful about maybe it can be revived somewhere else (implying that it was being shopped around, I believe).  I think she said something about that they were reshooting it, but this all went so fast and I was trying to coherently ask these important questions while I was failing to hide the fact that I was totally gushing and freaking out over the fact that I was meeting KATE JACKSON!!!! :D  (LOL!)

Anyway, she was very nice.  I asked her if she'd ever consider going to the Fests and she said she's been busy working in the past and hasn't been able to come to them, but she might have time to start coming to them in the near future.  She said she's in contact with some of the other cast and they've told her that they enjoy coming to them and that the fans are really nice.  She did a Q&A in the speakers room and told the story about hitting Jim Storm with the wrong end of the breakaway vase and knocking him out for real -- LOL!  She also talked about "Charlie's Angels" and said she and Farrah Fawcett and Jaclyn Smith are good friends and she's Jaclyn's daughter's godmother.  She said they have a project going to bring back the original Angels and they've all signed up for it (tv movie, I think) but she can't say anything more about it yet.

(OT -- I also met Marc Singer and got my picture taken with him -- ooh baby!!  What a cutie!  And so nice.  He called me Darlin' and Sweet Thing.  Sigh...  LOL!!  He said they're making a new "V" for fall of 2005 -- sounds like a miniseries that might lead to a series.  I also talked to Dean Haigland, who was very friendly and said they want to make the second "X Files" movie a lot "darker" -- darker even than the "Home" episode -- sounds cool!  He said they'd be bringing the Lone Gunmen back -- "You didn't see any bodies, did you?"  Ha!  There we go!)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 16, 2004, 06:48:33 AM »
Thanks Mary. Finally, someone not afraid to tell what they know, it's like a breath of fresh air.

Good going.

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 16, 2004, 06:56:47 AM »
Thanks Mary. Finally, someone not afraid to tell what they know, it's like a breath of fresh air.

Good going.

You're welcome.  Glad to help! 

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 16, 2004, 07:53:23 AM »
deleted

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 16, 2004, 08:35:45 AM »
First, I asked her if she was approached to be in it and she said yes, she was, but she was busy shooting something else and couldn't do it

Hmmm - what could she have been shooting? Third Watch was shot before the pilot and there was no announcement of Ms. Jackson working on another project. And who would she have played - Old (Wo)Man on the train?  [hdscrt]

the shooting went past deadline

And that seems like an odd claim. Particularly when we've been led to believe that the shoot finished on time.

I don't know - her story seems fishy to me...

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 16, 2004, 09:19:10 AM »
KJs story is a bit all over the place- some accurate, some not. The shoot did go over by 1 day- it ended on a Friday instead of the original Thursday, but they are not reshooting the pilot. Yeesh!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 16, 2004, 10:42:25 AM »

Good going.

You're welcome.  Glad to help!

Thanks too Mary for having the courage to post the news that some of the members here knew for a period of time but were unable to communicate that to us, which would have been the right thing to do on behalf for us long suffering fans.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 16, 2004, 12:45:32 PM »
KJs story is a bit all over the place- some accurate, some not. The shoot did go over by 1 day- it ended on a Friday instead of the original Thursday, but they are not reshooting the pilot. Yeesh!

Thanks for the information Darren. Since you opened the door a bit, and out of respect for us fans here, can you say what is correct in cousin Mary's posting? For example, since the WB passed on the pilot, have they totally abandoned the DS development project or are they seriously considering DS as a mid-season replacement?

If the WB owns the rights to the pilot, is Dan Curtis permitted to shop the filmed pilot to another network and/or is he even permitted to attempt to sell the DS concept to another network-some other poster on a different message board stated that the WB owns the rights to the entire DS concept for the next five years.

Any additional information you are able to provide will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 16, 2004, 10:25:02 PM »
BTW, I forgot to mention in my con report that someone at KJ's Q&A told her about the NODS restoration project and asked her if she would be willing to redo her dialogue, and she didn't seem to be aware of the project but responded pretty enthusiastically about being willing to participate if asked.

(I also made a small error in my OT -- I got my picture taken with Dean H., not Marc S. -- guess it was just wishful remembering on my part -- LOL!  Although...Dean H. got his hair cut and looks pretty cute and was very nice!!  Ha!  Anyway, suddenly remembered this morning that I wrote it wrong -- oops!)

(When I get my pictures developed I will try to figure out how to post the KJ ones here, but I still have 14 more shots on the roll to go -- ack!)

BTW, I didn't ask KJ what part they wanted her to play in the pilot -- I was afraid I was probably already interrogating her too much as it was!  LOL! -- But could she have been offered the part of Elizabeth before Blair Brown was?  It just seemed like a logical choice to me, since she would be the most well-known female actress from the original series.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 16, 2004, 11:21:58 PM »
BTW, I didn't ask KJ what part they wanted her to play in the pilot -- I was afraid I was probably already interrogating her too much as it was!  LOL! -- But could she have been offered the part of Elizabeth before Blair Brown was?  It just seemed like a logical choice to me, since she would be the most well-known female actress from the original series.

Perhaps. But maybe it's just me, but as big a KJ fan as I am, I don't see her as Liz. She just doesn't seem to fall into the same type of category as, say, Jean Simmons or Blair Brown. Though, of course, TPTB behind the pilot may have seen her differently and may have actually made a serious offer to her to play Liz.

But that being said, I've been thinking about her two Third Watch episodes and it could be possible that her participation there might have conflicted with the pilot at one point. I was thinking of the pilot's actual start date of April 2nd - but we'd seen reports that the original start date had supposedly been March 22. And according to the TV production chart on Variety's Web site, Third Watch was already on hiatus as of April 5th, which, considering that she appeared in the next to last episode, would mean that the last date KJ might have been working on Third Watch was probably on or about March 25th.

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 16, 2004, 11:22:22 PM »
gone...but not forgotten...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 16, 2004, 11:33:48 PM »
I can't comment, yet on other things. Sorry.

While it's certainly appreciated, there's really no need to apologize, Darren. As Midnite has explained, the admins/mods of dsboards fully understand why people would chose not to publicly reveal info when/if they've been sworn not to - nor would we expect them to.  :)

Odd, though since KJs been approached about the NODS work several times and as recent as last week...Curioser and Curioser.

Indeed...

I know they offered Liz to ... Jane Seymour

That's wild. Just before we learned that Blair Brown had been cast, we were discussing how Seymour might have made a great Liz.  :)

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 17, 2004, 12:42:41 AM »
Hello Darren Gross,

Do you know if they asked Kathryn Leigh Scott if she'd like to try for the part of Liz?

Also do you know who else tried out for some of the other parts?

Misa

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 17, 2004, 02:23:00 AM »
deleted