Author Topic: WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT  (Read 173562 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2004, 07:04:31 PM »
vw, if you mean Christian Kane's return to Angel several weeks back, I agree that would've qualified as a spoiler and I enjoyed it all the more as a surprise.  Regarding a new DS, if someone should get their hands on a script, or be present at filming, or have access to the network feed a few days before a broadcast, information shared as a result should absolutely be treated as a spoiler.  For other situations, however, such as casting announcements and character outlines, the moderators aren't going to be adding spoiler warnings, so if you don't want to read about such things I can only recommend you avoid the topics about the new series, sorry.

And I apologize for not answering your question sooner about the spoiler code, but we had no way of knowing if MB was going to be able to get an SE forum working or if it would have to be converted to the SMF version, and so reinstalling the SE mods wasn't a big priority.  But as you can see, MB has been a very busy bee overnite.  [wink2]

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2004, 08:06:35 AM »
vw, if you mean Christian Kane's return to Angel several weeks back, I agree that would've qualified as a spoiler and I enjoyed it all the more as a surprise.

Yes, that is the surprise.  Wanted to be sure you saw your episode.

Regarding a new DS, if someone should get their hands on a script, or be present at filming, or have access to the network feed a few days before a broadcast, information shared as a result should absolutely be treated as a spoiler.  For other situations, however, such as casting announcements and character outlines, the moderators aren't going to be adding spoiler warnings, so if you don't want to read about such things I can only recommend you avoid the topics about the new series, sorry.

Before the fall, there will be lots of plot rumors which could be considered spoilerish.  That is mostly what I was referring to.  I was mostly asking members to be kind and label.  With lots of please with sugar on top.

And I apologize for not answering your question sooner about the spoiler code, but we had no way of knowing if MB was going to be able to get an SE forum working or if it would have to be converted to the SMF version, and so reinstalling the SE mods wasn't a big priority.  But as you can see, MB has been a very busy bee overnite.  [wink2]

MB as well as Dom and you have been little busy beavers and I just figured it didn't work in our temp home.  Or, I had lost them for some reason because of blindness in me old age!  Hopefully, they will work by the fall because I have a sneaking feeling we are really going to need them.  (I'm in wishful thinking mode.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2004, 08:28:05 AM »
I just figured it didn't work in our temp home.  Or, I had lost them for some reason because of blindness in me old age!  Hopefully, they will work by the fall because I have a sneaking feeling we are really going to need them.  (I'm in wishful thinking mode.)

The spoiler feature IS back; sorry that I wasn't clear.  You're correct that the spoiler code didn't work on the temp forum, which was completely stripped of mods.  But the temp forum isn't needed anymore, and all the mods were returned last nite with only one exception:  We had to say buh bye to the attachment feature.  The ability to upload attachments will NOT be returning anytime soon, and probably not until our next conversion.  Our new webhost and the attachment feature were like oil and water. :(

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2004, 08:45:58 AM »
victoriawinters, your reasoning makes sense.  With a new show, I imagine most announcements would just be the regular cast.  And, if there were some really interesting guest star, until the show started, there would be no way of knowing who that person would really be.

The only thing I can think of that would be a problem is if a former DS actor were to make an appearance.  But, in that case, there would probably be a lot of publicity and you wouldn't be able to avoid it!
Josette

Offline DarkShadowyFigure

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2004, 05:50:40 PM »
Concerning spoilers, could there be added to the General Discussion area, a "WB Dark Shadows" (for lack of better name) forum for all discussion of the new show? That might help people not wanting to be spoiled. As Raineypark mentioned, "The number of posts that this will generate over the next 8 months will be huge, I have no doubt.  And all it will take is one person to forget to "spoiler" somthing and all that effort will be wasted."  Perhaps a seperate forum would make it less likely (hopefully) for a person to be spoiled. Threads concerning the original series wouldn't get "buried" among the discussion about the new version. Anyway, just a thought.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2004, 01:37:14 AM »
Interesting....
I've never been to the wb's site, so just now (while reading this thread), I went there.

I put Dark Shadows in the search area; supernatural type stuff came up (Angel, Charmed, people's I guess personal sites for witchcraft).

Interesting...no?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2004, 04:44:29 AM »
Concerning spoilers, could there be added to the General Discussion area, a "WB Dark Shadows" (for lack of better name) forum for all discussion of the new show?

You're reading my mind because, if the WB DS pilot is picked up as a series, it will definitely have its own section on the forum.  [wink2]

Offline DarkShadowyFigure

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2004, 01:02:19 AM »
You're reading my mind because, if the WB DS pilot is picked up as a series, it will definitely have its own section on the forum.  [wink2]

That's one section of the forum I eagerly look forward to posting in! Perhaps with my mind reading ability I could even become one of those new characters on the show.  :)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2004, 02:42:30 AM »
Yet another online article discussing the proposed new DS: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86120|1|,00.html

ProfStokes

Offline Ricky101

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Lucille Ball Online
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2004, 04:40:34 PM »
Thanks for the link Prof!  I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2004, 06:01:23 AM »
Just found out that Angel has been cancelled. Perhaps this increases DS's chances of being being picked up as a series to replace Angel? Still hate to see a vampire show go though.

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2004, 08:25:48 AM »
According to the news reports, WB wanted to free up it's schedule for new shows.  Many of the other shows it has are leaving or will be ending next season.

But many of us Angel fans know how the WB has treated the show in recent years, little promotion, almost not renewing it for Season 5, not updating their own website or ordering their normal 22 shows until a few shows into the season.  I remember the slick ad piece that came in the LA Times back in the fall.  It had a cursory mention of the show and a little tiny picture.  Even before the new DS was announced, there were already doubts that Season 6 of Angel was a done deal.

Also, still no official word that the new DS is going to be picked up for the season.  Thus, the co-relation of the two events seems to be sketchy at best.

Ironically, I found out about Angel's cancellation looking for news about the new Dark Shadows at the Variety.com site.  Friday the 13th never ceases to amaze me.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2004, 04:40:48 PM »
But many of us Angel fans know how the WB has treated the show in recent years, little promotion, almost not renewing it for Season 5, not updating their own website or ordering their normal 22 shows until a few shows into the season.

Funny - Angel's ratings have been higher this season than in recent years, so it's odd that the WB would cancel it now.  :-

I wonder if UPN might pick it up? If the WB had canceled it last year, they were still interested in acquiring it...

Even before the new DS was announced, there were already doubts that Season 6 of Angel was a done deal.

Also, still no official word that the new DS is going to be picked up for the season.  Thus, the co-relation of the two events seems to be sketchy at best.

Well, yes, the WB DS pilot hasn't even been shot yet, much less picked up.

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2004, 09:22:15 PM »
Funny - Angel's ratings have been higher this season than in recent years, so it's odd that the WB would cancel it now.  :-

I wonder if UPN might pick it up? If the WB had canceled it last year, they were still interested in acquiring it...

Yes, quite true....  It's very odd.

Would be great if UPN would pick it up, or the TV special event deal would go through on WB.  This was just announced yesterday so we'll have to wait until everything shakes out.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2004, 06:55:41 PM »
Yesterday, the Barnabas Undead site posted what it's calling pilot episode script details in its Mausoleum section.  There are spoilers aplenty, so beware.