Author Topic: WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT  (Read 173566 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re:WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2004, 10:17:30 PM »
since i've been ill and don't much feel like going through all these posts
Are they retelling the story over again? don't think that'll work for a 3rd time but just MHO!

jennifer
but sure as hell bets the cr*p on tv today!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2004, 11:28:38 PM »
Yes, Midnite, I looked it up and discovered which character he was.  But, even in the beginning it wasn't that big a part.  I think he turned up a bit in a couple of other episodes.  But while I recall that such a character existed on the show, I have no recollection of what he was like!!  It's a shame we couldn't have been aware of this back then or that it would have done well enough for them to repeat it now.  (There are a few unaired episodes which, I assume, will remain unaired.)
Josette

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2004, 04:55:47 AM »
According to www.tvtome.com under another WB pilot named Jack and Bobby, it reflects that on Tuesday, May 18, 2004, at the Sheraton Auditorium in New York City, the WB will unveil its fall lineup to advertisers. Living in New York, perhaps I should go there that day and bring along Tony Soprano just in case. lol

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2004, 05:45:14 AM »
perhaps I should go there that day and bring along Tony Soprano just in case. lol

Sounds like a plan to me, jimbo.  [wink2]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2004, 06:02:36 AM »
Sounds like a plan to me, jimbo.  [wink2]
Glad to help MB. Everyone is invited. Always good to have backup. lol

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2004, 05:15:17 PM »
Trust me - according to the IMDb, he's going to turn 47 on August 19, and that's definitely over 25 - I know - I'm 47.  ;)

where you born in 56 or 57?

jennifer(a 56 baby myself) :-X
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2004, 07:20:03 AM »
Tsk, tsk, tsk - it seems as if Variety is a bit behind the times:

Posted: Mon., Mar. 29, 2004, 9:19pm PT

Rispoli, Kind set for pilots

Castings continue as season revs up

By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

"The Sopranos" alum Michael Rispoli is close to joining the cast of the ABC laffer pilot "The Furst Family," while Richard Kind ("Spin City") will star in CBS' untitled Aisha Tyler laffer, and the WB has added several new names to its "Dark Shadows" remake.

As for "Dark Shadows," Martin Donovan, who most recently starred in USA's adaptation of the miniseries "Traffic," is onboard as Roger Collins.

Donovan's feature credits include "Insomnia" and "The Opposite of Sex." On TV, he starred in Fox's "Pasadena" and FX's "RFK."

Also joining the "Dark Shadows" cast are Jessica Chastain ("ER") as Carolyn Stoddard, Matt Czuchry ("Jake 2.0") as Willie Loomis and Alexander Gould ("Finding Nemo") as David Collins.

Frog and Warner Bros. TV execs are still looking for an actor to cast in the lead role of Barnabas Collins. Project, from Mark Verheiden, John Wells and Dan Curtis is based on the classic '60s gothic soap opera about vampires.[/b]

Date in print: Tue., Mar. 30, 2004, Los Angeles

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2004, 08:56:07 AM »
Jimbo..

Good plan--unfortunately there's no way on heaven or on earth that the pilot will be finished, including editing in time for that date...Perhaps they'll show an assembly of a finished scene...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2004, 02:16:59 PM »
Good plan--unfortunately there's no way on heaven or on earth that the pilot will be finished, including editing in time for that date...Perhaps they'll show an assembly of a finished scene...

Thanks for the information. I was just wondering, from a technical view, what do you think will then be missing from the unfinished pilot? (Hope its not a stupid question) Will the intro with the waves crashing against the rocks, the eerie classic soundtrack and other special effects ie...thunder,etc... all be missing? This may force the WB's executives to use their imagination a bit more when they look at the unfinished product.

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2004, 02:27:57 PM »
A title sequence wouldn't be shot until production was well underway - for instance, the titles for 1991 series weren't prepared until the entire shoot had wrapped.

For example, the version of the 1991 pilot that NBC saw had no opening or closing titles (it just opens with the "Dark Shadows" logo on black), and the music was a mixture of synthesised "temp" tracks and recycled original series music cues.

I'd assume that in this instance they'd either assemble a couple of key scenes with a music track, or put together something akin to an extended trailer from what's available.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2004, 03:04:41 PM »
Now, thanks to MB's Video clips, we all know exactly  what they told the casting director regarding the search for the new Barnabas Collins: "Find us Geraint Wyn Davies younger brother."

Been there, done that: 1

Thinking outside the box: 0
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2004, 05:23:55 PM »
who did Jessica play on ER?

jennifer

i also hate to add that i don't see this working if they are going with the same story? Ditto Rainey
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2004, 06:14:49 PM »
who did Jessica play on ER?

jennifer,

I only read a synopsis, but if you've seen the ep then please let us know your thoughts about her.  Her character (named Dahlia) sought help for her father because he pulled out his PIC line; he was septic and unable to communicate.  She refused to leave him, so the staff argued in front of her (sigh) because one of them did a cutdown to replace the line, and later they express concern that the daughter doesn't understand that her father won't recover.  There's no DNR and she wants everything possible done for him, so they resuscitate him at one point and it leaves the father even less responsive.  When the staff approach Jessica's character about long-term care, she suddenly opens up (sigh again) and reveals...

Here there be episode spoilers--
[spoiler]that her father sexually abused her starting when she was in the 5th grade and it didn't stop until she was 17 when he had the accident that left him the way he is, and she asks the staff if they think people get what they deserve.  According to the reviewer, she was quite good here, subtly showing bitterness mixed with a daughter's affection.  Brrr![/spoiler]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2004, 07:04:53 PM »
This ER episode was on a week or two ago. She was perfect in that role - did a superior job. Had I known she would be our next Carolyn I would have paid special attention to her. Hopefully someone (Jenn?) saw this recently broadcast episode and can give us a more precise review. The way the role was written didn't make for a good comparison to Nancy Barrett's "Carloyn" (which wouldn't be fair anyway), but the girl can act and that's the biggest plus, IMO.

Thanks, Midnite, for researching this. You always go above and beyond the call of duty, and it is appreciated. At least now I can be comfortable with the casting of Chastain instead of clueless.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2004, 09:05:05 PM »
Now, thanks to MB's Video clips, we all know exactly  what they told the casting director regarding the search for the new Barnabas Collins: "Find us Geraint Wyn Davies younger brother."

Been there, done that: 1

Thinking outside the box: 0

And, of course, the fact that he's a good actor couldn't possibly have played into it...

:-