Author Topic: WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT  (Read 173413 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2004, 09:24:55 AM »
Matt Czuchry (Willie) at the Eight Legged Freaks World Premiere in 2002

OK - I know who he is now.

Seems like blond is the haircolor of choice for this series.  ;)

But the big question is: What will Raineypark and Carol think about this casting?  ::everyone waits with baited breath::

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2004, 09:30:55 AM »
Apparently Alec Newman is "specializing" in this sort of thing.  He's about to appear as Victor Frankenstein!  It's for TV and is in post-production.
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2004, 09:31:12 AM »
But the big question is: What will Raineypark and Carol think about this casting?  ::everyone waits with baited breath::

LOL

Anticipating Raineypark's question... he's 26 and will turn 27 in May. [wink2]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2004, 09:35:34 AM »
LOL

Anticipating Raineypark's question... he's 26 and will turn 27 in May. [wink2]

Which "he" are you referring to?  According to imdb, Alec Newman is 29 and will be 30 in November!
Josette

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2004, 09:46:22 AM »
Raineypark & Carol are major John karlan/Willie fans, Josette. I don't think they've got anything to complain about. But I'm still waiting with baited breath to hear what they think, lol. I think the choice of actor for Willie Loomis is superb. Glad he doesn't look like a thug or freak. I think that Karlan was so likeable as Willie and I think that it is the key to the Willie Loomis character. Hopefully he'll be written that way, this guy looks like he can pull it off.

The choice of actor for Barnabas is exactly what I'd hoped for. And I hope they keep him blond. Barn's the main character and I think they need to think out of the box with him. I think Barn should be attractive and seductive first. His old world manner & charm should be icing on the cake. It makes sense to me that the female (and male) characters should be immediately drawn to him before he even opens his mouth. They should want to believe him where with anyone else, they'd be suspicious.

The kid chosen to play David looks right to me also. I feel good about the choice based on the photo, which is all I have to go on at this point.

I'm looking forward to hearing personal opinions from Forums members who have actually seen performances from the actors chosen to play these characters.

What an incredible month this has been on the Forums! All this breaking news about the pilot and the rare pic's from the original series that have been posted as late. I'm as excited as a three peckered billy goat and as happy as a clam! Thanks to all who have contributed.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2004, 09:46:37 AM »
Which "he" are you referring to?

Sorry about the confusion, Josette. I've since clarified my post that we were talking about Matt Czuchry (Willie) (I suppose I assumed (always dangerous) that anyone who knows how "devoted" Rainey and Carol are to John Karlen would know I meant Czuchry.  :-[)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2004, 09:59:45 AM »
I wish I could find a photo of Czuchry when he was sporting a grunge look in the Jake 2.0 premiere. ;)

But here's a more recent picture than the other one-- Czuchry has a recurring role on Hack this season and this links to a capture that appears on www.davidmorse.org and is from an ep that aired in November:

http://www.davidmorse.org/photo/hack/have/images/HackNine(16).jpg

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2004, 10:43:24 AM »

Seems like blond is the haircolor of choice for this series.  ;)

Now, now everyone.  Haven't we all heard of hair color?  Just because one might be one color for now, does not mean we have to be that color tomorrow.  Gents dye their hair as well these days.

Here is a fan site for Alex Newman.  He was Drogyn in Angel 5.15, Hole in the World.  Check out his snaps in the FotoGallery 6.14.  There is Angel 1 and Angel 2. In this episode, he sports the medieval knight, brunette, long hair I haven't bathed in a few days look.  Kinda sexy don't ya think?  Alec Newman

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2004, 12:37:59 PM »
More Alec Newman or related Web sites to add to the one I've already posted:

FilmForce: 10 Questions: Alec Newman

Alec Newman - TV Tome

Starpages - Alec Newman

CelebMatch.com: Match yourself with Alec Newman
(Too weird for words - but it's nice to know that I'm a 99% intellectual match with him.  [lghy])

counterculture | The Principles Of Lust [ Movie review ] :: Alec Newman

Long Time Dead - Alec Newman

Bright Young Things - Alec Newman

CNN - Career - Alec Newman

Great Scott! Alec Newman
(a message board devoted to Newman - though not particularly active)

Not to mention The Official Alec Newman Club on Yahoo

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2004, 03:44:39 PM »
I'd say this Willie is an improvement over the '91 Willie. Wonder if he'll have a Brooklyn accent?[coolb]
MM

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2004, 04:10:58 PM »
Some interesting choices - I'm really excited about Martin Donovan, who I think is a real coup for the production.  And I think having Roger played by an actor older than Barnabas will bring an interesting dynamic to their relationship.

Alec Newman I'm intrigued by.  He's a lot more "pretty" than I was expecting, but he has an intensity that should suit the role.  He certainly seems far more facially expressive than Ben Cross, so a massive improvement in that respect.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2004, 04:27:56 PM »
Some interesting choices - I'm really excited about Martin Donovan, who I think is a real coup for the production.  And I think having Roger played by an actor older than Barnabas will bring an interesting dynamic to their relationship.

Alec Newman I'm intrigued by.  He's a lot more "pretty" than I was expecting, but he has an intensity that should suit the role.  He certainly seems far more facially expressive than Ben Cross, so a massive improvement in that respect.

I agree with you Stuart. I also think that Alec Newman has a Brad Pitt type of edge about him. I am happy with the latest castings. Now its getting real exciting. Just wondering which mansion they have selected as Collinwood. I hope its not Greystone again.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2004, 06:25:43 PM »
He was Drogyn in Angel 5.15, Hole in the World.  Check out his snaps in the FotoGallery 6.14.  There is Angel 1 and Angel 2. In this episode, he sports the medieval knight, brunette, long hair I haven't bathed in a few days look.  Kinda sexy don't ya think?  (URL)[/size][/color][/FONT]

Thanks for that, victoriawinters.  It's the last ep of Angel that I've seen (and I won't even ask MB which is the last one he saw ;)).  I liked the character-- and as I recall, he didn't like to be asked questions; I mean he REALLY didn't like it!  And he wanted to kill Spike (get in line).  Anyway, I loved his medieval knight goth look.  But apparently not everyone did, because Strega, whose reviews of Angel for www.televisionwithoutpity.com are loads of fun and I'm grateful to Luciaphil for turning me on to the place, called Alec Newman's character "a poor man's Brad Dourif."  Ouch!!

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2004, 07:03:32 PM »
I know there should be enough links posted for Alec Newman, but I do wish to mention that the link Victoria Winters posted doesn't work (at least not in my browser) ... all the others I've tried so far have worked.

I did see on imdb that he's from Scotland and -- O.T. -- Geraint Wyn-Davies is originally from Wales but his family moved to Canada ... wonder what's with all the "Celtic" vampires ... I admit I generally think of vampires as dark and brooding, but it's best not to stereotype people ...  :D

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995