Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0729  (Read 534 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0729
« on: June 20, 2014, 04:36:08 PM »
Robservations #729

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0729

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:40:17 PM »
Nora insists that she saw her mother's face in the flames, but Edward refuses to believe it and forbids her to talk about her mother ever again. I always wondered what explanation he gave to the children concerning Laura's departure....no way is he going to tell them she ran off with their uncle.

Quentin confronts Beth over the fact that she knew about Jenny's being locked up at Collinwood. Beth admits she did it to protect Jenny and begs Quentin not to go looking for her, insisting she'll be able to handle Jenny. Quentin agrees on on condition....he plants a kiss on Beth and admits that he wants her...like we didn't know that already.

Quentin later tells a skeptical Edward that he has decided to give up looking for Jenny. They have a drink together though you can tell Edward still doesn't believe that Quentin has given up merely after thinking it over. They both don't notice Nora sneaking out of the house.

Nora has a freaky dream in which she sees Edward banishing her mother from coming into the house, which prompts her to go to Widows' Hill as she did in her dream. She begins to think that it was just a dream until a hand clutches her shoulder.

Love the banner between Quentin and Edward. And that dream....Edward was alternately nasty and funny.
Who is the person that has reached out to Nora....I know, but don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »
Poor little Nora has some pretty serious visions. I wonder if Edward told her and Jamison that their mother was "away," similar to what Roger tells David in 1966. But eventually Edward is actually nice to Nora, stroking her hair as she falls asleep.

Beth seems truly fond of Jenny and genuinely pities her. Quentin's conditional promise to leave Jenny alone sends Beth reeling with both shock and desire. No, Quentin isn't nice at all.

Edward and Quentin have an interesting conversation. Quentin reminds Edward, I know I’d get into a great deal of trouble if I harmed Jenny. Unseen, Nora leaves the house as Quentin continues, I have enough problems without involving myself with the police. If you’re sincere, Edward compliments, you’ve just made one of your rare intelligent decisions. He lifts his glass in a toast. Wonder of wonders, Quentin says with a smile. My brother has paid me a compliment--half-hearted, but a compliment nevertheless. Edward answers, Credit where credit is due. How unshakably fair you are, Edward, Quentin comments--not entirely ironically. They clink glasses, surveying one another with mutual wariness over the rims.

I also know who Nora meets outside the house--but I won't tell either!