Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0724  (Read 672 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0724
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:28:04 PM »
Robservations #724

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0724

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
Sheesh, Barnabas if you really wanted Rachel to be safe, then maybe you should have encouraged her to leave rather than stay and risk continue being victimized by the supernatural, whether it's by witch Angelique or zombie Quentin.....

Barnabas unsuccessfully attempts to return Quentin's spirit to his body......Angelique's powers are too strong for him to overcome however and Quentin continues to linger on as a zombie.

Fortunately for Rachel, Barnabas sends Sandor to try and rescue her from Quentin. She manages to get away and gets to the Old House and Sandor too manages to survive zombie Quentin despite a brief scuttle.

Barnabas or no Barnabas, if I had been Rachel I would have quit, packed my bags, and left Collinwood after getting away from Quentin in the cemetery. She will probably end up wishing she had done that in the near future.

Don't blame Magda for not wanting Sandor to risk his neck....despite their bickering she does love her husband and honestly I do think it's unfair of Barnabas to send Sandor on a mission that he should be doing himself.

Good episode.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
Yup. Barn talked Rachel into staying and now look what's happened.

Nice little domestic scene with Magda and Sandor. Apparently Sandor likes his soup hot. Magda unwillingly goes to Collinwood to keep an eye on Rachel, but of course Rachel isn't there, so Magda returns.

Barnabas orders Sandor, Go check Quentin’s grave--it will be freshly covered if Quentin is still buried. No! Magda burst out, terrified. What if he isn’t? Sandor can’t go! Go! Barnabas orders. No! Magda shouts back, reminding Sandor, You know the strength of zombies-- Just as he knows the power of vampires, Barnabas finishes harshly. Sandor leaves without another word. Outside a rooster crows, and Barnabas is out of time. Her lips trembling with fury, Magda watches as Barnabas (off camera) gets into the coffin. Once it’s closed, she touches the lid, almost as Julia would. But Magda breathes a silent curse, looking as if she’s thinking about staking him.

Sandor actually is very brave. He watches as Quentin puts the unconscious Rachel into the coffin. Then he  draws his sword, approaches Quentin, and actually dares to touch the zombie’s back to get his attention. Quentin turns around, and Sandor forces him to back away. Rachel! Wake up! Sandor shouts. Eventually she revives and climbs out of the coffin. Quentin spots her leaving and tries to follow her, but Sandor wrestles with him, giving Rachel the time she needs to escape. Quentin overpowers Sandor and follows Rachel.

Rachel manages to outrun Quentin, who in the true zombie tradition, can't move very fast. She arrives at the OH just moments before Sandor arrives home with an injured arm. You’re a hero! Magda cries. I’m all right, he says modestly. My big, fat, old hero! Magda exclaims, hugging him. Shut up, he says with a grin. I can’t hit you because my arm is too sore. [Bleargh!] Magda fusses over her man devotedly. You are a brave, foolish man for fighting a zombie, she says lovingly. Rachel thanks him almost as profusely. Kissing her hand, Sandor replies modestly, I don’t like to see a beautiful lady getting buried before her time. You could have been killed! Magda exclaims. At least that would have made you cry, Sandor jokes and asks her for hot water for his arm. Now I have to nurse you, Magda pretends to complain. Better the zombie should have finished you. Magda goes for the hot water, and Sandor tells Rachel kindly, Try to forget what happened. How can I? Rachel asks. And how did you know where to find me? Barnabas, Sandor replies: He sent Magda to stay with you at Collinwood because he was afraid this would happen. And yet he left? Rachel asks, puzzled. He couldn’t help it, Sandor replies. He didn’t want to go. I still don’t understand, Rachel says. How can a man be dead and yet walk?

Later on, Quentin arrives at the OH, apparently sent by Angelique to get Barnabas (?). Sandor tries to prevent him from going to the basement, but Magda locks the door after the zombie with great satisfaction. Sandor orders her to give him the key, but she runs out of the house with it, with Sandor in pursuit (very funny, actually!).

The first thing Barn sees at sunset is zombie Quentin. While Barn is explaining to Sandor that he wants to try a little white magic, DS finally blinks. But the magic fails, and Quentin heads back to his grave. I'm not sure why, but if he manages to get back in, his spirit will be gone forever.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »
After the graveyard scene, the Old House is also full of fog... Barnabas continues his Stokesian streak of just happening to know all about the supernatural thing going on, "knowing" that Rachel will be summoned to Quentin's grave, because it's the sort of thing Ang would do, he thinks.   He's right and wrong... Quentin saves her the shoe leather.

After Barnabas sends Sandor to save Rachel somehow, and he actually manages it, there's a nice moment with Magda and Sandor together, with her being relieved he's safe and appreciating his bravery... But of course Quentin's still out there, and he follows to the Old House door, and-- my tape ends.  I'm missing the episodes up until the point when Trask's school burns down.  I actually have no clue what happens during this stretch.  It's my one bit of still-unknown DS left, and I don't want to know the plot before seeing it someday, so I'm bowing out of the WP for awhile.  It really can't afford to lose participants though, and I can only hope the WP is still going when I come back.   (I don't know what episode that will be though... anyone know?  When the school fire happens?)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 04:02:46 PM »
So sorry about your tapes, MT! We will miss you! Your return is just another reason to hope that the school-burning happens ASAP!

I just checked DS Wiki--it's episode 735, so hang in there, MT!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 06:21:27 AM »
That's actually a very short gap.  I didn't realize.  Thanks DL!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor