Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0688  (Read 762 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0688
« on: April 24, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »
Robservations #688

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0688

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:41:47 PM »
Unwelcome intrusion Ned Stuart is coy about his sister's life or death.  What a tease he is.  This is an early sign for me of Ned's hypocrisy, crusading for his sister officially, but really not caring so much underneath.  David appears to write Chris's predicament as a "story" on paper in the Drawing Room, then doesn't want to share it with Maggie, then does.  What was it for?  Who was the intended audience?   Q's idea or David's?  At first, I thought David was telling Quentin's story to Maggie as a sort of indirect confession, because he was trying to find a way to warn everyone.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 12:21:04 AM »
I don't see how David could know about Quentin's curse. He only knows Q as his malevolent tormentor.

Fabulous work by young DH in his scenes with Quentin.

Later, Barn and Julia read David's story--and suspect he might be at the mausoleum and about to spring Chris. Barn prepares to rush right over. I want you to stay here, he tells Julia. [Still trying to order Julia around, are we?]

Ned carries a little revolver--but then again, he's supposed to be from "out West."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 09:46:55 AM »
I don't see how David could know about Quentin's curse. He only knows Q as his malevolent tormentor.

Well, I don't expect things to make sense on DS.  It's merely a nice bonus when it turns out that they do...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
A first batch of screen caps and/or set ups for this ep have been posted on the "Caption This! - The Werewolf-Quentin's Ghost" and the "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - The Werewolf-Quentin's Ghost" boards.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 07:45:05 PM »
David appears to write Chris's predicament as a "story" on paper in the Drawing Room, then doesn't want to share it with Maggie, then does.  What was it for?  Who was the intended audience?   Q's idea or David's?

It's definitely Chris' story, especially seeing as Quentin was never hidden in the secret room of the mausoleum when he transformed. And David definitely seemed off when he spoke with Maggie - that either he was possessed by Quentin or at the very least behaving under Quentin's reestablished strong influence (due to the playing of Quentin's music). And we know that for some reason Quentin wants to see Chris dead, which is why he first tried to poison Chris through David and now he's having David write a story in which a hunter shoots Chris. And you'd like to think that Quentin wants to see Chris dead rather than suffer the curse anymore.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 10:09:22 PM »
I agree with MB that it's obviously Chris' tale. I don't seen Quentin, even in death, confiding in David his biggest darkest secret: [spoiler] his own werewolf curse no matter how much David resembled his beloved nephew Jamison. [/spoiler]

I like to think that maybe Quentin does want to spare Chris any more suffering, but at this point Quentin's spirit is so nasty, not to mention he disposed of Janet Findley and Ezra Braithwaite so callously, I don't see much, if any, humanity in him at this point. Although I thought I did see a moment of sadness on his face when he witnessed Barnabas and Chris digging up the infant's grave and opening up the coffin.

Still Quentin's menace and nastiness is still very much prominent during this period.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 04:32:17 AM »
I don't seen Quentin, even in death, confiding in David his biggest darkest secret: [spoiler] his own werewolf curse no matter how much David resembled his beloved nephew Jamison. [/spoiler]

Good point.  As for Q killing Chris, I can't see it as meaning to help.  I see no three-dimensional person here, just malice and desire to control.