Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Release!!  (Read 350915 times)

David

Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Release!!
« Reply #1410 on: November 10, 2012, 06:26:48 AM »
Box Office Mojo just added $1.4 million to the film's total worldwide gross, still not what it actually made, but getting there.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 11, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »
While over on YouTube I discovered another Barnabas/Angelique fan video that's worth sharing:

Barnabas and Angelique - Lay All Your Love On Me

The choice of footage to illustrate the lyrics is really quite well done. And "sharing your 'devotion'," indeed, at the 2:25-2:32 mark!  [naughty]  [lghy]

Now that the DVD/Blu-ray of the film is out, I wonder if any of the fans who put together these videos might redo them with better quality footage?

I discovered today that someone has redone the Lay All Your Love On Me video with better quality footage - but unfortunately it isn't the same person who put it together in the first place. And even more unfortunate is that in most cases the footage doesn't sync as well with the lyrics as it does in the original version. However, it's still worth viewing, if only just to compare the two:

Barnabas~Angelique *Lay All Your Love On Me*

The Depp/Burton Dark Shadows played in US theaters for at least 161 days/23 weeks!!

The Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is now out on DVD/Blu-ray!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 11, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »
Box Office Mojo just added $1.4 million to the film's total worldwide gross, still not what it actually made, but getting there.

Who knows why these updates are coming in fits and starts? But at least they are updating the foreign figure, so we can be thankful for that.  [hall2_wink]

Thanks for the heads up, David.  [hall2_smiley]

The Depp/Burton Dark Shadows played in US theaters for at least 161 days/23 weeks!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 15, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »
As some have already noticed, more new screen caps and set ups have been posted to the film's Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) board. And as always, if you haven't already seen the film, be careful because the topics may contain spoilers.  [hall2_wink]

Also, a screen cap of three of the original DS stars arriving for the party was posted in this latest batch:

as well as one of a different group of three at the party:

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 16, 2012, 07:52:17 AM »
That's great!  It went by so quickly, one hardly had a chance to recognize them.  Now I can actually see them all!!!
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 20, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »
Was just checking out an email from Amazon about this year's Lightning Deals and saw that the film's DVD will be on sale on Thursday for $8.96 from 12:20 p.m. - 4:20 p.m. PST/3:20 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. EST (or until supplies last).

That's an amazing deal - even better than the $9.99 I paid a few weeks back when I bought some copies as Christmas gifts. But then who knew that the film would be showcased as one of this year's Lightning Deals - or that when it was it would be more than $1 cheaper?  [hall2_wink]  Though when it comes to their Lightning Deals, Amazon often limits customers to only purchasing one copy (that's how it was with The Vampire Diaries 3rd Season DVD yesterday) so even if I had waited, chances are I only would have been able get extra savings on a single copy. But if you haven't picked up a copy yet, and you're only looking for one copy, this is probably the deal for you.  [hall2_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 20, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »
And if that wasn't good enough - and I thought it was amazing - and it is for the DVD - but an even more amazing deal has surfaced because I was just checking out a Black Friday deals e-mail from Best Buy, and they'll be selling the film's Blu-ray for $7.99!! However, it's the Blu-ray only version, NOT the DVD/Blu-ray combo which has all the extras. But still, if all someone wants is the film (and that one featurette: The Collines: Every Family Has Its Demons, which is all you get on the DVD), then it's a fantastic deal.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 22, 2012, 02:24:58 AM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet because apparently the nominations came out on the 15th (though like me perhaps no one has seen the nominations before now), but Depp and the DS film itself are nominated for People's Choice Awards:

People's Choice Award Nominations 2013: The Full List of Nominees

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 23, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »
In honor of the DVD and Blu-ray of the film being featured in several sales this Thanksgiving and post-Thanksgiving/pre-Christmas season, more new screen caps and set ups have been posted to the film's Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) board. And, of course, be careful of spoilers if you haven't already seen the film.  [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 23, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
And if that wasn't good enough - and I thought it was amazing - and it is for the DVD - but an even more amazing deal has surfaced because I was just checking out a Black Friday deals e-mail from Best Buy, and they'll be selling the film's Blu-ray for $7.99!! However, it's the Blu-ray only version, NOT the DVD/Blu-ray combo which has all the extras.

I got back home a short while ago from Black Friday shopping (after having been out since 4am) and while I was in Best Buy I noticed that even though the e-mail didn't list it, the film's DVD/Blu-ray Combo is also on sale there. It's $12.99. And if you're really not in the mood to brave the crowds, it's also on sale for the price on their Web site:

Dark Shadows (2 Disc) (W/Dvd)  (Blu-ray Disc)  (Eng/Fre/Spa)

along with the DVD and the Blu-ray only, both for $7.99:

Dark Shadows (W/Dvd)  (DVD)

Dark Shadows  (Blu-ray Disc)

It's also fascinating to see the widely varying customer ratings the three different versions have. One rates the film 2.6 stars out of 5, one 3.3 out of 5, and one 5 out of 5. One would think the reviews for the film, regardless of the disc format, would all be compiled together (like on Amazon) - but apparently not. Though I suppose Best Buy's individual ratings could be because in general some people wouldn't just be reviewing a film - they would also be reviewing the quality of an individual disc version.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 27, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »
From the This Is Interesting Department: Apparently ES.TV is running repeats this week - but the show that was listed as being on today was not the show that was shown because what was shown was the one that originally ran on May 15th with Johnny Depp. When I saw that yesterday's show was a repeat, I deleted it from my DVR without even bothering to check it out. But I decided to give today's a look because it was supposed to be one from 2011 that I'd never seen. So, imagine my surprise when instead of the 2011 show it ended up being the one with Depp. But hey, if ES.TV wants to continue to promote the DS film - especially during the Christmas shopping season - who are we to complain?  [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
I received some texts from Amazon a short while ago that some of the things I've ordered recently have shipped, and because of those notices I remembered that Dark Shadows: The Visual Companion was supposed to be released today in the US. And lo and behold when I went to check that order, and even though I haven't received a text about it, I discovered that my copy shipped at 8:53:57 ET this morning. So, if you've also ordered a copy but you haven't heard anything about it yet, you might want to check Amazon to see if your order has shipped as well.  [hall2_wink]

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 28, 2012, 01:22:47 AM »
Mine arrived today via fed ex overnight even though I only pay for 2 day service via Amazon Prime.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 28, 2012, 02:02:46 AM »
I'm jealous.  [snow_wink]  Though Amazon tells me mine should arrive Thursday.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #1424 on: November 28, 2012, 03:14:59 AM »
I got mine today too, though I hadn't gotten any e-mail that it had been shipped yet.  I'm glad things are back to normal after several shipping delays around the time of Hurricane Sandy.  I'm about to sit down and start looking through it now!   [snow_bigglass]

Hope you'll get yours on time, MB!