Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Release!!  (Read 349431 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Release!!
« Reply #1275 on: September 28, 2012, 05:39:45 PM »
DS is still playing in Hooksett, NH! And it continues to play with the theater's full set of showings during the week, so it still has to be doing well.  [ghost_cool]

This week Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection closed, despite having opened long after DS did, and The Cold Light of Day has opened.

140 days 12 hours 39 minutes 45 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

3 days 11 hours 20 minutes 15 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 28, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
I just made friends with a neighbor who likes to travel, I should suggest Hooksett, NH for a day trip!

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 28, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »
Hell, maybe we should go and award them a key to the city of Collinsport.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 29, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »
They've certainly earned it.  [ghost_wink]

140 days 19 hours 2 minutes 24 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

3 days 4 hours 57 minutes 36 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 29, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »
As some have already noticed, a whole new batch of screen caps and set ups have been posted on the film's Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) board. And because this time around entirely new screen caps from the pre-release featurettes are being posted, it's also possible to download 1920X1080 versions (except when it comes to the ones taken from Barnabas Unleashed because the best quality that one is available in is 1280X720). But be warned that if you haven't already seen the film, many of the screen caps do contain spoilers.  [ghost_wink]

As a way of knowing which screen caps come from which pre-release featurette, here's what the following prefaces stand for:

VMP = The Legend Of The Vampire
BU = Barnabas Unleashed
BTS = Behind The Scenes
SR = The Collins Family: Strange Is Relative
TaJ = Tim Burton and Johnny Depp: A Collaboration Through The Years
SK = Tim Burton: From Sketch To Screen
CLW = Constructing Collinwood: An Estate By The Sea

And as a side note, it was interesting to notice the date on the slate in this screen cap -

- because June 24th and 26th were the days when we first got fan photos of the completed first dressing of the exterior set of Collinwood.

And finally, if you're someone who hasn't seen the film yet and will be staying away from the set ups until after you do, here's a taste of some of the stuff you have to look forward to: two caps of some members of the original cast:

141 days 17 hours 56 minutes 42 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

2 days 6 hours 3 minutes 18 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:26 AM »
That shot of Lara, Frid and Selby is so incredibly cool.  I think it's the best image I've seen from that sequence, bar none.

Thanks, MB!

G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 30, 2012, 05:45:23 AM »
I'm getting all teary eyed.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #1282 on: September 30, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »
I just got an e-mail from Amazon-- DS has shipped! 
 [crowdhappy]
 [dancing_skeletons]

Can't wait to receive it!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 30, 2012, 11:48:57 PM »
Another whole new batch of screen caps have been posted  - this time on the film's Caption This! board. And as before, these entirely new screen caps are from the pre-release featurettes and are downloadable. And also as before, be warned that if you haven't already seen the film, the screen caps may contain spoilers.  [ghost_wink]

142 days 18 hours 48 minutes 57 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

1 day 5 hours 11 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 01, 2012, 12:03:04 AM »
I just got an e-mail from Amazon-- DS has shipped!

I just checked my e-mail, and while I've received two from Amazon so far today, neither was about my order of the DS Blu-ray.  [ghost_sad]  But then you tend to hear from Amazon before I do.  [ghost_wink]  And I am happy for you that your order is on the way.  [ghost_smiley]

142 days 19 hours 3 minutes 4 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

1 day 4 hours 56 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 01, 2012, 12:11:06 AM »
I've been so busy today that I completely forgot to check the Target and Best Buy flyers. Sadly, no special offers, but I see that each store is selling the Blu-ray for less than what Amazon currently has it listed for. Target has it for $23 and Best Buy for $22.99, while my order at Amazon still says $24.96. However, I've noticed that with past orders Amazon will drop its price to the lowest price of those two stores, so I won't be surprised if I'm actually charged $22.99 when the Blu-ray ships...

142 days 19 hours 11 minutes 6 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

1 day 4 hours 48 minutes 54 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 01, 2012, 04:08:46 AM »
Today's  Walmart ad prices it at $ 14.96 but doesn't specify if that is for the regular or blu ray. Could be both, I suppose.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 01, 2012, 04:19:18 AM »
That's the DVD's price - and that seems to be the price at most stores this week. The DVD/Blu-ray Combo is still listed as $24.96 at Walmart.  [ghost_smiley] Though given that they supposedly insist they won't be undersold, once they get wind of the Best Buy price, it will probably go down to $22.99 as well. And I've noticed that it has indeed gone down to that on Amazon.  [ghost_wink]

142 days 23 hours 19 minutes 18 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

1 day 0 hours 40 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 01, 2012, 06:02:23 AM »
Oh, okay, I wasn't sure. The movie is also available from the Warner Brothers online store. The price is about the same. They do have HODS & NODS at pretty decent prices. $ 8.49 for the regular DVD and $15.49 for the blu ray. Free shipping requires a minimum purchase. They have no other DS merchandise other the movies but they do have a large assortment of Harry Potter, Batman, Friends and other stuff at decent enough prices.

And the Halloween layout for the boards is absolutely gorgeous! Well done!
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 01, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »
In more DVD(Blu-ray) news, I see where the weekend entertainment shows Kickin' It and Star Watch featured their DS film in the DVD release segments.

Kickin' It is yet another weekend edition of ES.TV (who knows why there's more than one - each with different content?), and as well as featuring clips from the film and behind the scenes, their segment also included an interviews with Michelle Pfeiffer. It would be interesting if the segment was the same one with Michelle Pfeiffer that was shown on Entertainers back in May, but I haven't checked.

Star Watch is film critic Sam Hallenbeck's weekend show, and I wasn't surprised that DS showed up in his Home Movie Hot List segment because he gave it a very positive review when it came out. In fact, a quote from his review is even featured on the back covers of the DVD/Blu-ray packaging. And while this show's segment also featured clips from the film and an interview with Michelle Pfeiffer, an interview with Johnny Depp was also included.

So, that's at least two shows this past weekend that promoted this week's DVD/Blu-ray release.  [hall2_wink]

143 days 11 hours 22 minutes 29 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

0 days 12 hours 37 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!