Author Topic: Live by OUR Rules -START the LIST!  (Read 8217 times)

Offline Paul

• Junior Poster
  • I Love Bathia Mapes
    • View Profile
Re: Live by OUR Rules -START the LIST!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2002, 01:04:37 AM »
Originally posted by Paul on February 17, 2002 at 19:04:37:

41: Always convince yourself and everyone else that they didn't see what they saw.
42: Always put your coat on the entranceway table and never pick it up if it falls on the floor.
AND:
Paul

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2002, 05:23:02 PM »
Originally posted by Midnite on February 19, 2002 at 11:23:02:

Grayson's "great freakout" scene today reminded me of this one:

42. When encountering dead creatures such as ghosts, zombies, etc., be sure to remind them of it by shouting "You're dead!" at least once.

Vlad, since you and others seem to be enjoying the smileys, this past weekend the MB loaded 160 of them onto our new (and soon to be finished) board. :)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2002, 11:59:23 PM »
Originally posted by Vlad on February 19, 2002 at 17:59:23:

Another rule I might add to J99's list:

"When you barge into someone's home, walk right in and be sure to leave the door wide open behind you."

-Vlad ::)
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 03:56:13 PM »
44. Be aware that the entire town shares only a few sets of sheets. The most popular of these, the blue sheets, has a long waiting list, so get your number today!

45. When you purchase a new bust, place it in the most absurd place you can think of--such as the bannister on the landing.

46. There is no such thing as "studio workers." When something falls unexplainably, or a vacant cough is heard, that is simply a "ghost" and nothing more.

47. Pay no attention to the man (various people) behind the curtain!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 04:49:57 PM »
48.when you invite houseguests or hire servants remember that they are primarily there to snoop around and collect information to support their own misguided agendas.

49.no matter how much you've heard about that famous maine lobster when you go to a restaurant the only offerings will be burned coffee,donuts and roast beef sandwiches(watch that mayo!).

50.remember that your brother's wives will always be otherwordly creatures who will hang around for three months,place you into a death-like trance and otherwise cause discomfort before they disappear and are never mentioned again.

51.if you are a woman travelling your only luggage will be a child-sized blue suitcase that in reality would not hold your hairpieces.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 06:39:50 AM »
52. If you have miles to go before you sleep...then go to sleep.  By the time you wake up, those miles will have dwindled into feet.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 03:21:28 AM »
53. When burying something in the woods, be sure that it stays buried.
Brandon Collins

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 05:23:12 AM »
54. And be SURE, when arriving for a visit at someone's home, ALWAYS give three, steady, knocks on the door.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 08:54:02 AM »
AND...

55. Remember, just because someone looks dead, it doesn't necessarily mean that they really are dead! [winkg]

AND...

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 05:09:38 PM »
56. If you go insane, you must relocate to the tower room or the dungeon, tease your hair so that it is so large that it fills the space around you, constantly try to escape, kill, and confuse people, and call little stuffed dolls your "babies."

AND...
Brandon Collins

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 08:59:22 PM »
57)  when someone breaks into your house to kill you, just stay there and remember not to lock or put new locks on the door.

58) Grimace and roll your eyes in abject guilt when someone mentions something they are not supposed to know about, but you do.

59) piss people off so they will throttle you constantly, gruffing up your already gruff voice.

60) burst into someone's house straight from the nuthouse to explain that you weren't there previously to kill them but to save them (you must walk menacingly towards them and make them back away from you in absolute horror)

AND....

Offline kyreb

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 01:42:00 AM »
Always send the children outside to play after dark, especially if they have been acting strangely or you are worried about them.

AND........
BJ

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 07:23:23 AM »
62.  If you want to hear what’s being said behind closed doors, throw open the door(s) to the room and say, “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?”

63.  If you want to do the ‘mirror test’ to find out if someone is a vampire, always use a mirror that’s in a compact.  Vampires may occasionally show up in other bigger mirrors, but never in a compact. 

64.  If you have discovered that a supernatural being is responsible for the latest turn of events, take NO safety precautions whatsoever but confront them immediately (and preferably alone) and say, “I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!”

64a.  The above 'no safety precaution' rule can only be broken if you are engaged in fighting a bad vampire.  In that case, you may demonstrate your preparedness by showing the tools you have gathered:  wooden stake & hammer, anything with silver on it, or a large cross.  It is possible to show especially the last item to any resident ‘good’ vampire who happens to be on your side.  Rest assured this will not make your vampire recoil or cringe, but smile and nod at your cleverness. 

Judy
[9366]

AND....
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 05:21:09 AM »
I"m  [stfl], Angelique Wins. I especially love #63 and #64. #63 because it's so true. And #64 because so many characters are that foolishly unwise - and they sometimes  pay the price with their lives. It's also very interesting how #64a seems to work.  [b003]

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 06:01:44 AM »
I"m  [stfl], Angelique Wins. I especially love #63 and #64. #63 because it's so true. And #64 because so many characters are that foolishly unwise - and they sometimes  pay the price with their lives. It's also very interesting how #64a seems to work.  [b003]

Thanks!  You are too kind.  Yeah.  #63 IS true.  And #64 just makes me CRAZY.  "You IDIOT!" I yell in the direction of the tv set.  And when I saw #64a acted out, I was like, "EXCUSE ME?  Um...VAMPIRE here???" 

And I do have to confess, I threw in #62 cause I've recently been watching the early Barn eps. and more than once, Carolyn hears Liz and Jason arguing, and instead of taking a tip from Mrs. Johnson and hovering near the door, she just barges in--like they're going to TELL her what they were arguing about! 

Judy
[9366]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html