Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers  (Read 22826 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2011, 05:29:38 AM »
Please ignore the second part of my last post, 57. I was absolutely mistaken. My apologies.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2011, 07:29:23 AM »
That is something I didn't want to know...

But, as Gothick points out,
[spoiler]it doesn't mean she won't be back in possible sequels.  I mean...  I hope, if there are sequels, she will be.[/spoiler]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2011, 07:58:05 AM »
That is something I didn't want to know...

Then you must try to cultivate the willpower not to read spoilers.  [santa_smiley]

I'm still blissfully ignorant of what HBC said in the new video - and I plan to remain that way.  [santa_wink]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2011, 08:11:18 AM »
Haha, MB!  Alas, my will is not as strong as yours!  Then again, I was not expecting her to say anything on the level of what she said.  That went beyond anything I'd imagine an actor would reveal about this movie.  What happened to those confidentiality papers?!   [santa_cheesy]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »
Cousin Barnabas my will is weak as well. I also did not expect HBC to drop a bomb shell of a spoiler in that quick interview.  Someone needs to control what she reveals about the movie.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »
Re Helena's tendency to run at the mouth... I suppose being married to the director has its perks... though I imagine Tim is FURIOUS with her at revealing that. 

The Great Expectations thing doesn't really count because anyone who has read the novel or seen one of the 99 other film versions (though to me, the 1947 film with the Divine Martita Hunt as Miss Havisham IS definitive) knows what happens to Miss Havisham.

For those who play the spoiler, bear in mind that what she spoke of could be presented in any number of ways in the completed film.  It could play out as part of a dream or nightmare sequence, for example.  As I wrote, where DS is concerned, you never know!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2011, 05:31:12 PM »
I imagine Tim is FURIOUS with her at revealing that.

I would imagine that as well - especially when one considers that once something gets said on the Internet, it spreads like wildfire. Heavens only knows how many other Web sites are going to pick up her remarks. They're not likely to simply remain on that one site.

For those who play the spoiler, bear in mind that what she spoke of could be presented in any number of ways in the completed film.  It could play out as part of a dream or nightmare sequence, for example.  As I wrote, where DS is concerned, you never know!

Or it may not even end up in the finished film. Plenty of things are shot for every film but end up on the cutting room floor for one reason or another. And if what HBC talked about happens late in the film, there's always a possibility it could be left out without ruining the continuity of the film. Just look at how many DVDs include extras that show alternate ways the end of the film could have been edited, the Director's Cut Blu-ray of The Wolfman being but one recent example. (For one, prior to that film's release, it could have been reported that Emily Blunt's character gets bitten by the werewolf - and it would have been true because a sequence like that was shot - but it never ended up in the film.)

Like so many other things with this film, only time will tell...

159 days 11 hours 28 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »
Of course, another thing to keep in mind: focus groups. If what HBC talks about is included in the test version of the film and it's a real downer plotwise and/or a controversial twist, and test audiences hate it, it could find itself out of the film - and along with it any other scenes or references associated with it...

159 days 10 hours 51 minutes 50 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »
carter's spoiler is much more of a plot twist than i thought would be revealed in the situation. i sort of regret reading it now.

[spoiler]still i'm not that surprised. this isn't a series remember. even though some sort of sequels have been suggested there's really nothing to prevent several characters from being killed off in this movie. it's not like they need to go back on air the next day. didn't we hear that angelique would die too? and even another character? i suppose that could be some sort of vicki/josette thing?[spoiler]

i highly doubt depp has the time for a sequel anyways. if it ends up being produced maybe it will focus on the younger characters.or perhaps some sort of quentin storyline.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:04 PM »
Well of course, people should also remember that in HoDS...
[spoiler]a goodly number of well-established characters from the original series were disposed of![/spoiler]

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »
[spoiler]Carter never mentioned the name Julia in the interview.  She just said he kills her, draining her of her blood.  Possibly, she plays another character in flashback era?  Besides, Julia was strangled by Barnabas in the first movie as well.   [/spoiler]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 01:35:24 AM »
HoDS and Depp Shadows spoilers/speculation follow:

[spoiler]While it's true that Jula was strangled, it didn't mean she died - at least from what we saw in the film.   [santa_wink]  A sequel could have easily resurrected the character.  They could have even brought Carolyn back.  She could get unstaked and subsequently be cured by Julia Hoffman.  Similarly with this project, Julia could be resurrected as a vampire or through some other force. And, if there are sequels, I hope she will be.  And, as pointed out, it may not even be a "real" Julia.  This could be a dream or a flashback or something...  It's interesting nonetheless, as it contradicts the earlier spoiler that Barnabas doesn't kill anyone.[/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2011, 12:20:16 AM »
Willie Loomis,

I've had similar thoughts about what Helena said.

[spoiler]If Bella plays Josette in an extended flashback sequence in the 18th century, Helena may play Countess du Pres.  And the scene to which Helena alluded may have had to do with the fate of the Countess, rather than Julia.  [/spoiler]

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out once the movie is actually released!

G.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2011, 09:32:34 AM »
Now that would be an interesting twist G....I can't wait to see how this film turns out! :)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2011, 04:26:29 AM »
I've had similar thoughts about what Helena said.

[spoiler]If Bella plays Josette in an extended flashback sequence in the 18th century, Helena may play Countess du Pres.  And the scene to which Helena alluded may have had to do with the fate of the Countess, rather than Julia.[/spoiler]

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out once the movie is actually released!

I agree this is a wait and see because things can change in the cutting room and if actors play more than one characters

Ldyanne