Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers  (Read 22841 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 08:42:24 AM »
There have been times with mysteries or stories with twist endings where it is fun to watch it again, knowing the outcome, and then finding lots of details that didn't particularly mean anything special the first time around.  However, I would still want the suspense of not knowing the first time.
Josette

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 02:41:12 AM »
spoilers don't freak me out as much as some...

when i first started watching DS from episode one one of the first things i did was buy KLS's 'dark shadows memories' which i promptly read from cover to cover.

it includes a complete summarization of the show's entire five year run as well as a full episode guide. so i knew from pretty much the outset that most of the original plots get dropped, that eventually a vampire, a witch and a werewolf show up, that the story starts to yo-yo back and forth in time and that it all eventually ends in a "parallel-time" with absolutely no connection to the opening plots and characters.

you know what? knowing all of that didn't diminish for a moment my enjoyment of actually watching the series. having a general outline of something and actually seeing it are two different things.
fans of the original series who then watched the 1991 version when that came on likely didn't enjoy it less even though they "knew" alot of what was going to happen because it followed the original storyline to a large extent.

so thus far the "spoilers" we've been given on the film haven't been troublesome for me. that said i do hope for some surprises and i definitely DON'T want to know the ending.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »
I wasn't able to find the spoiler thing-a-majig that Midnite allueded to earlier. I apologize now.  

[spoiler]I find the idea of Barnabas hating Roger interesting since that never happened in the original series even when Roger conducted the search on the old house looking for a coffin (more than once as I recall).  Barnabas could never hate a member of the Collinses but came close to it because of David's interference IMO.  The talk on the phone between David and his mother has me hungry for more details on that aspect of it also.[/spoiler]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 10:21:11 PM »
Reply #12 explains how to locate and use the Spoiler (Sp) button.  If it helps, look 2 rows above the smileys.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »
Aha! Thanks for this info.  I think the problem happens when I want to quote on a post that happened much earlier.  Often times I want to keep reading and then respond to a quote by which time I've forgotten how far back I saw the original quote...phew!
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 02:38:53 PM »
I actually enjoy upcoming movie and TV spoilers posted all over the internet - they're fun.  And they're usually wrong anyway.  I remember when Cloverfield was getting ready to premier and they went to great pains to hide images of the Manhattan-eating monster from view until one was sitting in a theater seat and actually got to see it ruining everyone's day in the Big Apple.  Yet, all over the world-wide-web, there were "leaked" descriptions, "photos" and drawings of it.  And not one of them was true.

I sometimes wonder if movie studies are behind some of these untrue "leaks" just to spark up interest in an upcoming film.  It's an ingenious way to spread publicity to hundreds of millions all for free.

Gerard

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 04:59:29 PM »
My son showed me a photo online of Johnny on the set dressed as Barnabas, looked like modern time, and I THINK he was walking with his girlfriend Vanessa, his face and hair looked more like Michael Jackson, but he seemed to have the Inverness cape on, yikes!! Sorry, do not have the link but the person had gotten it from yet another source and even said Johnny looked like Michael Jackson in the picture, oh, me, oh, my.....

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »
Miranda, that discussion is in the topic about the movie production, with links starting at what's currently 4 pages in at reply #1010:

Re: (**CAN IT REALLY BE?! Reply #1010**) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!

Finally!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2011, 04:16:38 AM »
Having looked at the unofficial shooting scene shot on the beach, it confirms one of the spoilers and gives credence to the other spoilers imo

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2011, 07:10:02 PM »
Jimbo--have you taken a gander at the official cast photo?

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
My viewing of the official cast photo takes nothing away from a very specific spoiler (a description of one of the characters). Unless of course the unofficial photos are all part of a TB joke and will not be included in the movie. If you still believe I may have misread/misinterpreted something please let me know. 

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2011, 01:33:48 AM »
WARNING--- there is a major PLOT SPOILER here, but there is another clip with HBC in which she talks a little more about DS.  Since it's on the internet anyway, and folks might come across it, I figured it'd be better to warn people in case they want to stay away to avoid spoilers:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/helena-bonham-carter-honored-at-baftas/62wih83

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2011, 01:43:56 AM »
Thanks madscntst. It confirms yet another spoiler found in the spoiler topic thread here.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2011, 02:21:42 AM »
my computer is very slow and it would take hours to download the clip...

could someone post, in the spoiler box of course, what is being revealed?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2011, 04:33:30 AM »
michael c, Helena reveals--

[spoiler]that Barnabas kills Julia during the action of the movie, by draining her of her blood.  Of course, given that it's DS, that doesn't necessarily mean that Julia is dead and gone for good--nor that the only way she could return would be as a vampire![/spoiler]

Sounds as if it's going to be quite a ride.  I did not know that yet ANOTHER remake of Great Expectations has just been done, and Helena plays Miss Havisham--apparently she just finished shooting that.

G.