Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers  (Read 22829 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 09:05:01 PM »
They say that "a rose by anyother name would smell as sweet", well the flip side of that is if you change it's look and it's scent, it's no longer a rose. If these spoilers are true, we no longer have a rose. [ghost_sad]
May you die before you want too.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 10:32:27 PM »
Interesting observations about Quentin, michael c.  I really wonder how they would handle him in a film.  They could introduce him in the sequel, of course, but that may even be too soon.  I'd imagine they'd want to build Barnabas up more before letting another leading man enter the series.  A second sequel would seem like a good entrance for Quentin.  But... that is if we are lucky enough to even get a first sequel!   

As for a direct sequel to this, based on the spoliers we have...
[spoiler]I can really see the next rival for Barnabas Collins being David's mother - since she is introduced, but unseen.  Unless, of course, she doesn't have any supernatural powers.  But that would be in direct contrast with every previous version of the show.  I think bringing back her Phoenix routes would make for great cinema and a wonderful story. [/spoiler]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2011, 05:05:26 AM »
If Quentin were brought in to a movie, it would definitely have to be a big event. Quentin's storyline was so massive in the original series that it would require a lot of focus from the film. I think an interesting way to bring Quentin in would be to have him and Barnabas already have some sort of history, and Barnabas would need to rescue him from something or whatever. It would also provide for a lot of flashbacks to build the story and could open up an avenue for Quentin's story to be told. Perhaps introducing him in a second sequel (or the third movie) like Cousin Barnabas suggested would be a good idea. If they used Laura as the antagonist in the sequel to the first movie, Quentin could be alluded to or introduced minutely as a past lover of Laura (like he was in 1897 in the original series). He could appear in flashbacks and then really take center stage in the third movie.

However, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves in placing hope in two sequels that may not ever come to fruition at all. More than likely, if this is a viable franchise, Burton would hopefully want to continue it with the support of the production company. But, I'm really expecting just a one movie deal and to be finished with it. If enough interest is piqued from the film, perhaps Warner Brothers will once again try to reboot the property in a television series, and this time it would grow some legs and be a runaway hit!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 05:26:57 AM »
It took them something like five years to schedule making the one movie, so I don't know about sequels.

Unless Burton is sneaky and does something like the legendary Three Musketeers shoot in the Seventies (where they actually shot TWO movies, the original film and the sequel, but told everyone it was just the one movie).

G.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »
I've always believed it would take three movies to tell Barnabas' story. I was hoping they would shoot all three at the same time just because I didn't want an open ended ending. I think if this movie is a hit it wouldn't take near as long to get another. But after reading these spoilers I'm hoping it made by someone else, if some of them are true.
May you die before you want too.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 04:30:05 AM »
Unless I missed it I don't believe us cousins here have been provided with the requested link to the "soap-opera website which features American soaps" that the "possible spoilers" are from. I don't believe in the alternative that the website has been identified.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 11:15:12 PM »

Offline usffan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 06:35:19 AM »
I find it interesting that the same set of spoilers (verbatim) have now appeared on two sites:

http://www.vampires.com/christopher-lee-in-dark-shadows/

http://www.blogofdarkshadows.com/2011/07/25/dark-shadows-movie-spoilers/

Both of those sites are dated after this thread began, so they are clearly not the original source.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 07:08:05 AM »
It appears that after they were posted here, someone copied them and posted them on Facebook, and apparently from there they flew across the Internet in a matter of days. For better or worse, dozens upon dozens of DS/Depp/Horror-related sites now have them. Which makes it very hard to avoid reading them. But so far I have.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »
Cassandra slap?  Yes please.   [ghost_grin]
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2011, 11:42:55 PM »
Which makes it very hard to avoid reading them. But so far I have.  [ghost_wink]

[ghost_cheesy]  And that is hard to do, especially with all of your research on this project!

But, I do really still question their veracity.  It could be one of Burton's crew trying to throw us off the scent.   [ghost_wink]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2011, 01:59:26 AM »
Indeed, the spoilers have gone viral.

I said we'd look into the issue and feel I've learned as much as I can.  But first, to be clear, it was never my intent to investigate the veracity of the spoilers and I never attempted to prove or disprove them.  My concern was that a claim made by neiljohnson (that he copied the spoilers verbatim from a soap board) had created tensions here and based on my experience on this board in all its incarnations, the situation seemed close to becoming a flame war; therefore, I hoped to be able to verify (only) that the spoilers were copied from an online public board.  I didn't even plan to cite the url in this thread, but just wanted to help ease the tensions; MB and I have steadfastly maintained that we do not police outside links.

There IS a post, submitted anonymously on a soap board, that predates this thread by 4 - 5 days, but the IP in the post is displayed and is identical to neiljohnson's.  Since I lack any evidence to show that he copied the spoilers from another site, unfortunately I'm unable to believe the claim.  But for sure I didn't think for a second that he's a troll or fabricated the spoilers, and I'm aware of his numerous contributions to other posting boards.  I feel only he can say for sure where he got them, and he was given every opportunity to show that he had been truthful and was informed that his account could otherwise be compromised (as a condition of registration, posters are required to agree to the Forum Guidelines, and therefore agree to not post information that is false or inaccurate), but it was his decision to not cooperate with the site administrators.  A warning was issued, but it was not because of any anti-spoiler sentiment.  The spoilers are not going to be removed and spoilers posted down the line won't be discouraged.

Regarding the tensions created by those past and future spoilers, I understand that many of us are emotionally invested in the DS movie, but please, that's no reason to let those emotions get the best of us.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »
Midnite I would like to thank you and MB for all of your hard work looking into this matter and protecting the integrity of the board. The whole thing is just unfortunate and disappointing. I wish that neiljohnson had cooperated with the board as that would have possibly resolved the matter in its entirety. I hope that he will still cooperate.  He seemed very passionate about the new movie. The spoilers have indeed gone viral. I see most discussion type boards linking to the blogofdarkshadows article. I did not see any spoiler linked articles on FB and I wouldn't post these possible spoilers on my FB page. I just hope that these possible spoilers do not turn out to be true.
Thanks again.
Jimbo

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 06:43:58 AM »
Someone who has allegedly been on the set of the film has posted this on the IMDB message board, and I thought I'd share it, because it made me think back to these spoilers:    

"With that said, I will say that I was impressed with their attention to detail and that the gothic-ness is very much present. Lots of fog machines, bodies and eerie lighting!"

I am not a member of the site nor do I really follow the postings that closely, so I cannot vouch for the legitimacy of the post, but I do find it interesting that the poster mentions [spoiler]bodies, when, according to these spoilers, Barnabas doesn't kill anyone.  Who knows where all of these bodies could be coming from. [/spoiler] So, assuming this information is factual, it made me again question these spoilers.  It's so hard to figure out what is real and what isn't, and if two seemingly conflicting bits of information can co-exist, or if we're all just getting the runaround.  As always, this information is just making me more anxious to see some official photo releases.  If this report turns out to be true, it will be interesting to see the final look of this movie.  

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 07:41:13 PM »
This is interesting:

Study: Spoilers May Not Ruin Viewer Enjoyment

Though, personally, I still prefer not to know.  [ghost_wink]