Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716549 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #960 on: September 07, 2011, 01:11:04 AM »
Thomas McDonnel giving a heads up of sorts to his fans that he may cut off his hair-assuming it's for the DS role

ThomasMcDonell
How mad would you guys be if I got off my hair...???
32 minutes ago

Given the time period his sequences in the film take place, it would seem odd for him to cut his hair for DS. But then, Chloe Moretz cut her hair and then put in hair extensions for DS, so go figure...

247 days 3 hours 48 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 07, 2011, 01:54:13 AM »
Perhaps he was thinking of a new project he will be working on in the future? Maybe he will be in a tweeting mood. Re: DS IMDb page in the trivia section it says Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence auditioned for the role of Angelique. With that site it is hard to know if this is true.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 07, 2011, 04:02:49 AM »
Oops - seems I missed this one yesterday:

multidyer Schultz & Wiremu
Next job....distressing some clothes for re-shoots!!! Will tell all on another tweet when and if we can! Very secret!
5 Sep

"Very secret!"?? What is it exactly about the film that ISN'T very secret??!!  [ghost_wink]

Also, someone on IMDb is reporting that Chloe Moretz mentioned in her interview this past Sunday that Michelle Pfeiffer completed shooting her scenes at the end of last week.

247 days 0 hours 57 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 07, 2011, 04:40:22 AM »
I gave up hoping/looking for a video like this from the Comic-Con panel with Lara Parker, KLS and Jim Pierson, but apparently someone finally uploaded one on August 20th, and I stumbled across it tonight. Better late than never.  [ghost_wink]  And the nice thing is that it answers and clarifies a lot of things about the Depp/DS film:

Dark Shadows The Classic Series and the New Tim Burton Film @ SDCC 2011

247 days 0 hours 19 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 07, 2011, 08:50:59 AM »
A great watch that puts things into perspective.  Thanks for sharing, MB!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 07, 2011, 03:55:23 PM »
ChloeGMoretz Chloë Grace Moretz
Last day of set on #DarkShadows :'( am really really really. gonna miss everyone from this movie it's been such an amazing experience :(
8 hours ago

unhappyparanoia Wangbaoliang
@ChloeGMoretz don't be so sad ,enjoy the last day on #DarkShadows,it'll be a good memory to you :)
8 hours ago

Miss_Autonomy laura lockwood
@ChloeGMoretz so excited for #DarkShadows ! With that cast and creative crew and director it HAS to be amazing! Can't wait to see it
8 hours ago

gabriel0923 Gabriel
@ChloeGMoretz I can't wait to see #DarkShadows! With such a great cast & director, I'm sure it will be spectacular! #talentoverload
6 hours ago

snakebite90 Niklas Wallh
@ChloeGMoretz sad that the filming of #DarkShadows has come to an end . But happy that we're getting closer to the release of the movie :D
5 hours ago

Definitely!  [ghost_smiley]

dermotpower dermot power
finished Dark Shadows with a couple of dark gothic images....bit of thumb twiddling then prep for StoryTelling festival talk end of month
5 hours ago

Josh_TurnerGolf Joshua Turner
Casually bumped into tim burton! And caught a cheeky glimpse inside his trailer! It looks the nuts! #darkshadows
2 hours ago

TrevorDMoretz trevor duke moretz
bout to shoot @ChloeGMoretz last shot of the #darkshadows sadness
1 hour ago

girlalex8719 Alex
I can't believe Dark Shadows is almost done filming (rumor) and we still haven't seen cast photos?! I want/need to see Depp in costume.
3 minutes ago

And who knows how much longer it's going to be if Burton and Co. have their way...

246 days 13 hours 4 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 07, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »
Another day another dollar! Tomorrow however is looking like the end of #darkshadows!
27 minutes ago

246 days 10 hours 2 minutes 54 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 07, 2011, 07:29:16 PM »
i don't know who jennifer lawrence is but i find the information about anne hathaway to be a bit suspect...

it seems that hathaway is more of an "above the title" leading lady at this point than the type of actress who has to "audition" for supporting roles.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #968 on: September 07, 2011, 07:53:41 PM »
Jennifer Lawrence is a great young actress who was Oscar-nominated last year for Winter's Bone.  She is also starring in The Hunger Games, which I'm not really familiar with but it's apparently a big hit book series with teens.  Anyway, at only 21 she seems way too young to play Angelique (maybe she could've played Carolyn if they'd wanted an actress who was closer to the original character's age).  But I think we can all agree that anything on IMDb should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Hoping not to get too far off topic, here, but Johnny was at the GQ Men of the Year awards last night to present a Writer of the Year award to Keith Richards (for his autobiography, Life).  It could be me totally projecting my imagination on these photos, but I can envision a bit of a dark and mysterious Barnabas coming through in a few of the pix

http://www.popsugar.com/Johnny-Depp-Pictures-2011-GQ-Men-Year-Awards-18994108

Also, a few folks on my Depp forum noted that something seems wrong with his thumbnail, and he seemed to have some of his fingernails painted at the Alice Cooper show he recently performed at.  So could Barnabas perhaps have long/creepy vamp fingernails?

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #969 on: September 07, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »
Oops, I should've added this video, where he's talking about being locked up in the basement, which I totally took as a little Barnabas nod

Johnny is seen at about the 1:20 mark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXWhWU7XtKc

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 08, 2011, 12:15:31 AM »
Chloe had some things to say about the film-the linked video contains a statement she made about her character that may or may not be considered a spoiler but since it's out there....
http://thefilmexperience.net/blog/2011/9/7/chloe-moretzs-dark-shadows-cheekbones-tom-hardy-aversion.html

ps to save some time you can click on the Interview Excert to hear about what she says about DS

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 08, 2011, 03:40:59 AM »
Re: DS IMDb page in the trivia section it says Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence auditioned for the role of Angelique. With that site it is hard to know if this is true.

In an earlier interview with Eva Green, she made it seem as if Burton had wooed her for the role from the getgo, so I am not sure how much faith I have in that tidbit. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 08, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »
Oops - missed this from yeaterday:

abramwelsh Allan Williams
Here we are at Pinewood and its not raining, I guess we're going to be here 'til morning.
7 Sep

Apparently he's still shooting.

Potentially the last day on #darkshadows today!! Its been emotional!
9 hours ago

And even on her last day in London she's still working on something. I think this girl is giving Depp a run for who's actually the biggest workaholic!  [ghost_wink]

dionneofficial Dionne Bromfield
Video Shoot in London wit My crazy Friend @Chloegmoretz & the Lovely @BrattOnline .x
8 hours ago

ChloeGMoretz Chloë Grace Moretz
on my way to @dionneofficial's #OuchThatHurt video shoot! Xxxxx excited #LastDayInLondon
5 hours ago

And it was looking like she'd left London by now or soon would:

ChloeGMoretz
3 hours left in London :( nooo
3 hours ago

but:

ChloeGMoretz
#flightdelayed looks like london doesn't wana say byyyeee, looks like ill be flying out around 9pm now D': wwaahhh
16 minutes ago

245 days 12 hours 37 minutes 26 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 08, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »
Once again KLS is talking about the Depp/DS film. Most of it is the same stuff we've heard before - but this bit seems new:

BD: What are your hopes for the film?

KTS: I hope Dark Shadows leaves Harry Potter in the dust and becomes the new long-reigning box office champ! I also hope we get to play cameo roles in all the sequels!

I don't know whether or not it can be quite that successful - but we should only be so lucky.  [ghost_wink]

A link to the entire interview can be found in this topic on Calendar Events / Announcements '11 II:
EXCLUSIVE [Interview] Original 'Dark Shadows' Star Kathryn Leigh Scott!![/url]

245 days 12 hours 18 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 08, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »
Interesting no one here has a reaction to Chloe's comments describing the DS movie "as a mixture of Beetlejuice and Sweeney  meets Sleepy Hollow It definitely has a bit of scariness, but it has the fun-ness of Beetlejuice and the craziness of Sleepy Hollow."
Well eveyone who has read the script has said it is a very funny movie-hope it is not that funny.