Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720472 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #900 on: August 25, 2011, 11:21:16 PM »
I did a bit more research and Hannah Murray's casting is confirmed on a few sites, but this page on her talent agency's Web site would seem to be the best confirmation:

Hannah Murray

Interestingly, she's already appeared with Eva Green in 2010's Womb.

259 days 5 hours 38 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 25, 2011, 11:55:48 PM »
I believe she is the first extra to get this much social media coverage.  Fascinating...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »
That's probably because people actually know who she is. I've probably even seen her work because I watched Miss Marple: Why Didn't They Ask Evans? on PBS' Masterpiece Mystery, though obviously her name didn't stick in my mind.  [ghost_smiley]

259 days 4 hours 59 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 26, 2011, 12:14:34 AM »
I love this exchange:

Lori_BethDC Lori_Beth DC
Happy Birthday Tim Burton. I predict the next year will be amazing. I'm holding my breath until May 2012 with high hopes.
2 hours ago

cellimachine Chris Ellison
@Lori_BethDC Why? What happens then?
1 hour ago

Lori_BethDC
@cellimachine Burton's making a movie version of Dark Shadows! w/ JDepp as Barnabas. It bodes moist panties & heart palpatations for sure.
6 minutes ago

[stfl]

259 days 4 hours 45 minutes 26 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 26, 2011, 06:11:22 AM »
Apparently the poster mystery has been solved:

BarbaraGothDepp Barbara Valentina
Estoy molesta!!!el afiche De Dark Shadows q vi es falso y ya salio el trailer de The Rum Diary y no puedo verlo xk no teng compu!!!!nooo!!!
1 hour ago

And even though the sites I normally use to translate say it's written in Spanish, they won't fully translate it. But what they can decipher seems to indicate that the poster she saw is a fake (well, duh) and the image was taken from The Rum Diary's trailer.

Though, given that all her previous tweets on the subject were written in English, I have no idea why she couldn't explain all that in English.  [ghost_undecided]  But I'm sure there's some reason...  And what seems even odder - at least to me - is she's *still* not saying where she saw the fake poster. But considering it IS a fake, I suppose that really doesn't matter anymore...

258 days 22 hours 48 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 26, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »
HEJovel H.E. Jovel
I've a feeling we are gonna discover that Qaddaffi is actually hiding disguised as a Johnny Depp's stand-in on the set of Dark Shadows.
9 hours ago

That would be interesting. Though something tells me he wouldn't pass all that well for Depp.  [ghost_wink]

DonaldEGBentley Donald E G Bentley
Has work today at #pinewood studios on #darkshadows
5 hours ago

His profile says he's an actor.

And then there's this exchange:

TrevorDMoretz trevor duke moretz
freezing and rainy in london, not going to complain bc its close to autumn :)
1 hour ago

stiofandafyyd steveD
@TrevorDMoretz Yeah, autumn solstice is gettting close. Are you guys wrapping up Dark Shadows soon? Hope the rest of your day goes smoothly!
1 hour ago

TrevorDMoretz
@stiofandafyyd we are getting mighty close
7 minutes ago

I would say so when Chloe has something like a week left of shooting.

258 days 13 hours 9 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 26, 2011, 04:34:32 PM »
Some people here will probably get a kick out of the remark about Robert Pattinson's new film (and might even say to themselves, "If only!" - and you know who you are  [ghost_wink]), but I'm actually including the following link because of what's said about Michelle Pfeiffer:

The Film Experience - Blog - I'm Linking As Fast As I Can

So I guess she is still shooting even though she was photographed in LA a few weeks back.

The funny thing is that we've heard very little about some of the actors working on the film. The most we've heard has been about Chloe Moretz and Depp. A bit less when it comes to Helena Bonham Carter and Eva Green. Even less when it comes to Bella Heathcote and Michelle Pfeiffer. Less still with regard to Johnny Lee Miller and Gulliver McGrath. And word about Jackie Earle Haley has been nonexistent.

Only thanks to Twitter, I think we actually know more about many of the bit players'/extras' experiences than we do the major stars.  [ghost_sad]

258 days 12 hours 25 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 26, 2011, 05:11:24 PM »
Chloe's remark about Depp's appearance as Barnabas got me wondering about prosthetics.  And not just for when he's in "bite cha!" mode a la Buffyverse.

The latest comment about Depp's stand-in passing for Qaddafi makes me wonder even more.  Could this by the John Yeagar version of Barnabas coming up?  The action figure people will have fun with that.

All pure speculation, needless to say...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 26, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »
Chloe's remark about Depp's appearance as Barnabas got me wondering about prosthetics.  And not just for when he's in "bite cha!" mode a la Buffyverse.

When I read her remark the first thing I thought to myself is that it's hard to know what to actually take from a 14-year-old's remark like that. In my experience, 14-year-olds often think a lot of things are weird that I don't see as all that weird.

The latest comment about Depp's stand-in passing for Qaddafi makes me wonder even more.

You've switched that around. The person tweeting was saying that we might find out that Qaddafi has disguised himself as Depp so he can pass for his stand-in - not that Depp's stand-in looks like Qaddafi. Though if he did, that would certainly be interesting.  [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 27, 2011, 12:41:22 AM »
I could be alone in thinking this, but given his erratic behavior, thank heavens he wasn't cast:

Res2K Del Ali
@charliesheen Charlie would be the perfect Willie Loomis in the Dark Shadows movie coming out in 2012 with Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins!
3 hours ago

And how did he sneak this photo (even though it's probably only a very small portion of the mausoleum and/or Joshua's coffin):

Josh_TurnerGolf Joshua Turner
Another bit of magic made for #darkshadows! Wana keep it tho lol http://yfrog.com/18rohmj
2 hours ago

If they get wind of it, it'll probably disappear soon, so I suppose we should enjoy it while we can...

And this is interesting:

multidyer Schultz & Wiremu
Dark Shadows will be sending all our dyes and equipment back before 16th September! so filming must nearly be over.....
26 minutes ago

258 days 4 hours 18 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 27, 2011, 01:19:12 AM »
The photo of Joshua's tomb is interesting.  I wonder if this was taken on scene or while the prop was in storage somewhere. 

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 27, 2011, 03:43:32 AM »
That's beautiful workmanship on Joshua's cenotaph.

Thanks for the link!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 27, 2011, 03:59:04 AM »
I was just checking out some of his earlier photos and I wonder if some might also be examples of work he's done for DS. For example, one of them is of a wolf's head. And, well, we know how a wolf's head has figured into other versions of DS.  [ghost_wink]

258 days 1 hour 0 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 28, 2011, 03:09:29 AM »
We should be so lucky:

AyawanLee pathricia lee ayawan
Dark Shadows don't have pics yet .. Might have before the year will end ...
19 hours ago

Aand another extra heard from:

PimlicoRoad1 Keith Anderson
Gonna see Seth Lakeman Tomorrow and after show party. Then on set next week as an extra in the the new Johnny Depp movie" Dark Shadows" xx K
3 hours ago

257 days 1 hour 50 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 29, 2011, 12:16:20 AM »
There is a "facts" list on the IMDB message boards which include this little tidbit.  I have no idea where this information has come from.

"Burton fired John August off the project when he found out John August was not a Dark Shadows fan and did now grow up watching the show as he and Depp had."

And this one:

"They're using filming methods that Dan Curtis was known for using as to try to give it the feel of the original show without making it a parody."

Most of the other "facts" on this list are taken from various articles which we have all read.  But, I have yet to see a source for these tidbits.  Other "facts" have, at least, some foundation in truth, but they are still questionable.  

Look at these:

"Tim and Depp are obligating all non-Dark Shadows fans in the cast and crew to watch the DVDs. Helena (who did not grow up with the show) has been watching the DVDs between takes with Michelle Phifer."

We know that Helena is watching the old episodes.  We also heard that Michelle was.  But where is this information about the other cast members being forced to watch DS coming from?

"They've actually built a full scale Collinwood based on notes left by Dan Curtis. It's not Computer generated. They built the entire Collinwood mansion."

Only the first floor of the exterior of Collinwood was built, so he must be referring to the interior?  

Anybody else read anything in relation to those first few bits of info anywhere?

Just found it to be interesting and decided to share it over here to see what people think.  No one at IMDB has brought any of it into question.  So, I was wondering if anybody here could verify any of this information.