Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719525 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #885 on: August 23, 2011, 06:42:03 PM »
and once the film goes into post-production in the studio there will probably be several months when we don't see or hear anything.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 23, 2011, 07:20:27 PM »
DanTakeMeOut Dan Take Me Out
Just on my way back from pinewood for a fitting for the new Tim Burton film. Shooting should be alright still!
1 hour ago

JustCallMeFurry Paul Furr
@DanTakeMeOut Bastard!
1 hour ago

DanTakeMeOut
@JustCallMeFurry Big fan then!? Hopefully shooting next week, Dark Shadows it's called. I'll say hello to Tim, Johnny and Helen for ya! Lol
1 hour ago

261 days 9 hours 39 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 23, 2011, 07:56:55 PM »
Can someone explicate for me exactly what David Selby meant when spoke of a "Where's Waldo?" moment?  Did he mean that they would just be standing in a crowd as the camera pans?  That's pretty funny if that is what he meant because KLS spoke of it as the big "Ah-Ha!" moment of the movie. Although of course it is possible that each of the veterans was given her/his own little bit to do...

I'm afraid the significance of "Where's Waldo?" is lost on me.  Was it a Dr Seuss title for small children?

It almost sounds as if Pierson had planned a segment that would potentially allow a Tim Burton rep to come out and talk about the movie in a more candid manner.  And that Burton's organization either wasn't interested, or Burton actively communicated that he'd slap a lawsuit on Pierson if he breathed a word about anything other than the most trivial details.  I would think the latter is the most likely scenario given that Pierson must be privy to quite a bit about the movie and the shoot, including having read the screenplay, etc. 

The hemming and hawing makes it sound as if Pierson was extremely nervous and trying to be really careful not to say too much.

G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 23, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »
"Where's Waldo" basically means that you will have a tough time finding him in the picture, as the "Where's Waldo" series featured books which doubled as games where children (and adults) had to spot Waldo in very busy images.

This could be an exaggeration on Selby's part.  Maybe he was just joshing.  But, I do believe that they are all in the Masquerade scene, (even though I do think that Frid deserves a larger part than any of the others, simply because of his age and his role in Dark Shadows history).  So, we will see.

Some comments from Chloe Moretz regarding working with Depp (and his look in the DS film):
And I wonder just how outlandish Depp's Barnabas outfit is to garner a reaction like that from Chloe.  He dresses in rather eccentric fashion normally, and I wasn't expecting a big difference for a character who is a part of everyday society.   I can't imagine we are talking makeup here.  Hmmm...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 23, 2011, 09:46:15 PM »
Who knows what she's doing, though, because her profile gives no clue...

Well, that mystery seems to be solved:

gintarebeinor
love my dress for #DarkShadows
7 minutes ago

I would say she's likely to be acting in the film.  [ghost_wink]

261 days 7 hours 13 minutes 45 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 24, 2011, 03:22:33 PM »
Continuation from yesterday's tweets (back in reply #886)

@DanTakeMeOut Just a bit, yeah I know the film... You gonna be a featured extra or just background fluff??
21 hours ago

DanTakeMeOut Dan Take Me Out
@JustCallMeFurry Nah just fluff probably, but they like to call you a background artist to make you feel special. Haha!
21 hours ago

@DanTakeMeOut So you gonna change your twitter name to DanBackgroundArtist? It's surely about time to drop the Take Me Out bit!!
21 hours ago

And even though this guy isn't listed for DS on IMDb, a little bit of research revealed that he works on films as a concept artist:

dermotpower dermot power
last few days on Dark Shadows...saved the best designs to last
6 hours ago

Karl_Harris Karl Harris
I got the filming dates on the set of #DarkShadows for next week. I'll be the guy that looks scarily like a tall, broader #SweeneyTodd haha.
2 hours ago

And I find it fascinating that they're still hiring people - even technical people:

mockrat mockrat
New job alert! Texture artist openings : - Junior / MID / Senior. For a chance to work on Prometheus, World War Z, Dark Shadows, Clash of…
1 hour ago

But then, post production is supposed to last into next year, so I guess it does make sense...

260 days 13 hours 37 minutes 27 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 24, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »
Pinewood sees film revenues surge (thanks in part to DS).

And over on IMDb I see they've added another uncredited actor/character:

Nathanjohn Carter   ...    70's Townsfolk (uncredited)

Presumably that's the 1970s and not the 1770s - but who knows?  [ghost_wink]

And Jackie Earle Haley is still on the cast list. It might be a miracle!  [ghost_grin]

260 days 13 hours 6 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 25, 2011, 02:29:42 PM »
Hmmm - can this actually be true -

BarbaraGothDepp Barbara Valentina
I just want to scream!the poster of Dark Shadows was released!!!!Depp as a vampire!!so hot!!Johnny u can drink my blood! #Happy!
7 hours ago

- or is she seeing yet another fan-made poster?

259 days 14 hours 30 minutes 18 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 25, 2011, 02:52:29 PM »
Well, there isn't a poster on IMDb in the section for one, and there's no discussion of anyone coming across one elsewhere. And there's nothing about a poster on JOHNNYDEPPZONE, or GK Films' Web site, or the Warner Brothers Web site - and neither of those last two has tweeted about a poster, which is something I have seen them do with their other films. So, either she is seeing a fan-made poster that's so good that she can't tell it's fan made (and that would be interesting because, as I shared on the 19th, she was lamenting about all the fake stuff of Depp as a vampire) or there really is a poster - but it's extremely well hidden.

If only she'd included a link in her post. But my guess right now is that there isn't a poster. If there was, why wouldn't GK Films and Warner Brothers be calling attention to it? Well, unless it leaked...

259 days 14 hours 7 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 25, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »
Hmmm - she can't actually think what's on this site, which was just created today, is the poster, can she?

Dark Shadows Movie Release Date

I mean, Depp has facial hair in that photo, and he has no facial hair in the film. Well, at least we know he doesn't have his own facial hair... However, when you click on the image and bring up the larger version, the larger image is identified as "Dark-Shadows-Poster.jpg" - so maybe that really did fool her...

259 days 10 hours 57 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 25, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »
Oddly enough, I had a dream about the poster last night.  And said poster did include Depp with facial hair.  And I was kind of bummed.   [ghost_wub] 

I will see if I can dig anything up.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 25, 2011, 07:39:04 PM »
OK - this just got more interesting:

BarbaraGothDepp Barbara Valentina
#ControversyOfTheDay "the Dark Shadows" poster!!!!I saw it and I don't think is a montage!
36 minutes ago

But what I don't understand is, if she's seen it, why doesn't she tweet where she's seen it? Though what she's seen doesn't sound like the "poster" I suspected earlier that she might have seen...

259 days 9 hours 20 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 25, 2011, 07:50:59 PM »
Yeah.  I just saw that too.  Unless she is seeing it in person, there isn't a reason to not provide a link.  And even then, she could take a picture for us.   [ghost_wink]  No major movie sites have this thing listed, so A) it could be hot off the presses or B) it is just another imPOSTER.   [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 25, 2011, 10:13:25 PM »
IF I'm translating this correctly:

Gifs_Skins Á flor da pele
"Hannah Murray está aparentemente confirmada para o novo filme de Tim Burton, chamado "Dark Shadows" que tem estréia prevista para 2012!!"
1 hour ago

It says "Hannah Murray is apparently confirmed for the new Tim Burton film, called "Dark Shadows" which is scheduled for release in 2012!!"

Though who knows who Hannah Murray is or why someone is tweeting about her in Portuguese?

259 days 6 hours 46 minutes 35 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 25, 2011, 10:21:33 PM »
OK - here's another one:

GrasyRicci Z. Ricci
elenco de Dark Shadows: Johnny Depp, Helena Carter, Chloe Moretz, Eva Green... e agora Hannah Murray!
2 hours ago

That one says: cast of Dark Shadows: Johnny Depp, Helena Carter, Chloe Moretz, Eva Green... and now Hannah Murray!

Hmmm...

Well, a check of IMBd reveals that she is an English actress, so I suppose it's possible... Though who knows what the Portuguese connection is?

But time will tell if the reports are real or not...

259 days 6 hours 38 minutes 27 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!