Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716999 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #840 on: August 17, 2011, 09:58:12 AM »
Karl_Harris Karl Harris
Okay so I am seriously slacking on the tweets. Monday I filmed a short, Two Sisters, Yesterday I had a costume fitting for Dark Shadows! :-D
1 hour ago

267 days 19 hours 1 minute 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 17, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »
Tim Burton: Depp makes my job easy

I tried looking for the original interview, but it doesn't appear to be on the scifinow.co.uk Web site yet.

267 days 18 hours 12 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 17, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »
I see where IMDb has added four more actors/characters to the credited cast list:

Jeff Mash ... Construction Worker 2
Daniel Harland ... Man (rumored)
Thomas Grube ... Construction Worker 1
Michael Anthony Brown ... Windcilff Doctor

That last one leaves little doubt that Windcliff figures in somehow, and would seem to add more credence to the possibility that Vicki was indeed escaping from Windcliff during the Beckenham Place Park shooting.

And it's interesting that Daniel Harland is listed as "rumored." I'm guessing few if any of us have even heard of him or seen any type of reports about him possibly being in the film, so where are the supposed rumors coming from?   [ghost_huh]  But then, Jackie Earle Haley has once again mysteriously disappeared from the cast list. Though as I've said before, obviously ours is not to fathom what goes on on IMDb...

267 days 16 hours 57 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 17, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
DJLoopsFruit The Dizziest Queen!!
@TimBurton_news all i wanna know is how is Dark Shadows coming along
4 hours ago

Sadly for Tim Burton News (and us), Burton isn't being very forthcoming.  [ghost_sad]  But if anyone would like to see a blast from the past, they've just posted a link to this from 1990: Johnny Depp & Tim Burton Interview Arsenio Hall 1990 FULL INTERVIEW

Wow, they look young!  [ghost_wink]

nicholas_dale Nick Dale
I just caught a glimpse of the 007 stage at Pinewood on my way to a costume fitting for Dark Shadows, a vampire flick with Johnny Depp...
1 hour ago

267 days 10 hours 49 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 17, 2011, 06:41:12 PM »
Don't know if I missed this guy earlier or if he's just been added, but here's someone else from IMDb:

Duncan Casey   ...    Policeman (uncredited)

And I happened to notice his listing when I went back to IMDb to see if any of the new people have DS film photos. They don't. And what's really interesting is that Lee Nicholas Harris' photo as the fisherman on a boat in front of the cannery has been removed. And I just went to check and it has also been removed from the DS News blog, where it was posted just last week. Apparently someone posted that photo on IMDb without permission from TPTB. So, to say TPTB want to keep a tight rein of photos is obviously an understatement! Not that we hadn't figured that out already.  [ghost_wink]

267 days 10 hours 18 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 17, 2011, 10:16:41 PM »
Apparently the werewolves are gone - but it's still looking iffy for Lone Ranger:

'Lone Ranger': Director, Producer Offer to Trim Fees as Budget Battle Rages

Thankfully the DS film never seemed to have gone through battles like this. But then Jerry Bruckheimer is all about flash, often with very little if any substance, so thank heavens he has nothing to do with the DS film! Say what you will about Burton, but a Bruckheimer DS would probably feature Barnabas trying to save, not only the Collinses, but the world from cyborgs from a parallel Collinsport while Collinwood and half of Collinsport explodes around him. YUCK!  [ghost_tongue]

267 days 6 hours 43 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #846 on: August 17, 2011, 10:32:40 PM »
For what it's worth, Terry Rossio, the original Lone Ranger screenwriter, denies on his blog that there were *ever* werewolves, there would've been little if any CGI, and while there was some Native American spirituality involved, the net is making up all kinds of stories that have no truth to them.  According to the Johnny Depp Zone, Rossio does not allow links to his blog (I did not know this, but I will abide by his wishes by not providing a link here), but it is easy enough to Google Rossio's site and find the relevant threads on his message board.  So this new Hollywood Reporter article is a little perplexing, because it seems to contradict much of what Rossio has said.  There still seems to be nobody who will stand on record to give any facts about this; even this new article is only giving unnamed sources.  

Well, I know this has nothing to do with DS, but just all to say, thank goodness DS didn't suffer these types of issues.  Filming is nearly finished, and (knock wood) it's all gone smoothly, and all the lovely tweets that MB and others have posted make it seem like everyone is having a great time being involved.  Whew!!  At this point I am anxious for it to wrap so that all we'll have to worry about is the post-production.  I'm still hoping for a bone to be thrown at the fest  [ghost_smiley]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 18, 2011, 02:48:21 AM »
since dr.hoffman is already ensconced at collinwood when the story begins i wonder how windcliff will factor into things?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 18, 2011, 06:05:00 AM »
I assumed that Elizabeth would actually hire her after we get to witness some family shenanigans.  But, she could already be in the house, at which point she would simply be using Windcliff as a place to refer her newly found patients.   [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 18, 2011, 02:25:09 PM »
So many questions, so few answers - exactly the way Burton wants it.  [ghost_wink]  And really, it is probably more fun not to know too many plot details. But on the other hand, when it comes to simple character photos, I don't see what the big deal is - especially when it comes to that photo of Lee Nicholas Harris' fisherman, which was simply a picture of an extra that barely showed anything (well, unless we were all missing something).

266 days 14 hours 34 minutes 51 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 18, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »
abramwelsh Allan Williams
The next 2 nights are working on 'Dark Shadows' nights so I cease to exist 'til Saturday; the money's good but is it worth 48 hrs of my life
4 hours ago

Our answer would be, "Hell, yes!"  [ghost_wink]

266 days 14 hours 25 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 18, 2011, 08:42:30 PM »
For what it's worth, Terry Rossio, the original Lone Ranger screenwriter, denies on his blog that there were *ever* werewolves, there would've been little if any CGI, and while there was some Native American spirituality involved, the net is making up all kinds of stories that have no truth to them.

Stories with no truth to them circulating on the Internet? Unheard of! ... Yeah, right! That should only be the case. But as we know only too well, we need look no further than all the reports that said Depp would be in latest Batman movie (playing a character that isn't even a part of the film, with much of the info coming from Michael Caine no less even after others like Depp, director Christopher Nolan, and WB vehemently denied there was any truth to it) or how that Entertainment Weekly remark that said the DS film would be backburnered in favor of shooting the 4th Pirates first was blown all out of proportion and taken to mean by so many that the DS film was dead for perfect examples of stories with no truth to them taking on lives of their own on the Internet.  [ghost_rolleyes]

That being said, though, it's interesting how reports are backing away from using the word "werewolves" but they're still saying things like "computer-generated scenes involving supernatural sequences" will be eliminated. So in other words, Terry Rossio could be being perfectly truthful when he denies werewolves were ever a part of the script if in his mind there were always going to be skinwalkers, which aren't werewolves per se, though many associate them with werewolves, which is no doubt why saying there were werewolves in the film probably spread like wildfire. Werewolves resonate with a lot more people than skinwalkers might.  [ghost_wink]  And as for Rossio's remark about little CGI, perhaps they were going to go with the traditional look of wolf pelts over the bodies of the skinwalkers along with some types of makeup effects. Though I suppose we'll never know the real story considering that that whole part of the plot has been dropped...

But anyway, according to the following article from the LA Times, things seem to be looking better for Lone Ranger - and it even has a paragraph that includes a quote from Depp and a mention of how he's currently shooting DS, so I don't feel all that bad about including a link to it.  [ghost_wink]  Lone Ranger may get back in the saddle soon

266 days 8 hours 17 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:38 PM »
Don't know how she knows this. But if DS shooting in the park helped to beautify it, that's nice:

BellaLesque Belinda Street
@Beckenham glad to see what the money from filming dark shadows has gone towards http://yfrog.com/kglwhzbj
9 minutes ago

And who knows what this is about?

Josh_TurnerGolf Joshua Turner
Drama on set!! Haha
31 minutes ago

BradleyMatthews Brad Matthews
@Josh_TurnerGolf what you filming mate?
30 minutes ago

Josh_TurnerGolf
@BradleyMatthews a film called dark shadows massive blockbuster!!!!!
29 minutes ago

And apparently it just keeps getting worse from his POV. First from yesterday:

abramwelsh Allan Williams
Working 'til 4am sours ones judgement; it's good to look back to.
18 Aug

abramwelsh
Work with JD no chance, he's usually a figure in the distance. This is SA work we're talking about.
18 Aug

abramwelsh
Funky dancing clothes moi haw haw haw you have to know me to know how funny that is. How long is til it stops.
18 Aug

And then last night:

abramwelsh
Last night's Dark Shadows rained off; now I've got 4 days 'stead of 2. Oh those golden moments!
3 hours ago

And once again we share her pain:

BarbaraGothDepp Barbara Valentina
Come on,stop publishing false pictures of Johnny as a vampire in Dark Shadows!!!I wanna a real picture of him! #upset #impatient!
9 hours ago

[ghost_wink]

265 days 13 hours 25 minutes 22 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 19, 2011, 04:03:48 PM »
Oops - I almost missed this one:

kr_shhh krysia whitty
@ThomasMcDonell when do you arrive at pinewood? Will see you on set boy-o!
16 hours ago

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he's answered her. But based on what we know, we can pretty much figure out for ourselves that it should be about two weeks from now...

265 days 12 hours 56 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 19, 2011, 07:50:26 PM »
I love this:

moon_tan
@abramwelsh It rained for real on the set of Dark Shadows and they can't film? Isn't real rain and thunder better than fake rain?
1 hour ago

[ghost_grin]  But seriously, it's not better when so much electrical equipment is used to shoot movies and it could easily attract the lightning.  [ghost_wink]  [ghost_shocked]

265 days 9 hours 9 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!