Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720954 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #810 on: August 11, 2011, 06:20:13 PM »
Warwick dog lands lead role in Hollywood

But how it relates to the DS film is more interesting from our POV.  [ghost_wink]

273 days 10 hours 39 minutes 47 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 11, 2011, 09:44:50 PM »
afmfilms Ali F. Mostafa
Pinewood Studios! What an amazing place! Walked around set of Ridleys Aliens & Burtons Dark Shadows! Incredible! http://yfrog.com/gzcuvrsj
2 hours ago

Sadly, the photo is just the outside of the studio.  [ghost_sad]  Though at least this one is a photo of the outside of the 007 Stage, which is being used by DS:

afmfilms
The legendary James Bond sound stage at Pinewood! http://yfrog.com/gydsmotj
2 hours ago

Probably about the closest we've gotten so far to whichever set is housed in there. But, again, one day...

273 days 7 hours 15 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 12, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »
ChloeGMoretz
Helloo!! :) off to set, stunt practice, stills, pffff da usual how's your guys days going?!
3 hours ago

Who knows how many months it will be before we get to see those stills?  [ghost_rolleyes]

And oh no - the production must be cursed!  [ghost_grin]

multidyer Schultz & Wiremu
Yet another member of the Dark Shadows costume department has broken a leg! 2 out of a 20ish team is just tooo weird!
3 hours ago

272 days 12 hours 43 minutes 27 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 12, 2011, 09:04:35 PM »
4DMax_Ltd Duncan M B Lees
Great day #3D scanning with our #Perceptron and #Mephisto systems. Coffins, A list talent and prosthetics at @PinewoodStudios. Tiptop times.
29 minutes ago

Hmmm - who knows why they're scanning coffins - and in the plural? Well, unless Barnabas isn't the only vampire in the film? But we'll find out in time...

And not that this is directly related to the DS film, but the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, which is the Fall Movie Preview issue, has a First Look photo of Depp from The Rum Diary (as well as another photo with the film's write-up in the October section). Who knows how long it will be before we might get a First Look DS photo? Hopefully it will be before next year's Summer Movie Preview issue!  [ghost_rolleyes]

There are also two photos of Chloe Moretz - one accompanying the listing of Best Coast's music video as #6 on the issue's Must List - and another accompanying Hugo's write-up in the November section.

272 days 7 hours 55 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 13, 2011, 04:21:53 AM »
Thanks MB for offering the reasons why TB may have had not much of a standing to prevent some of the videos and pics from being released to the media.

OT it seems The Lone Ranger JD project is in serious peril. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/johnny-depps-lone-ranger-shut-222777

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 13, 2011, 06:51:26 AM »
Good.  So now they can film the sequel to Shadows in October.   [ghost_tongue2] [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 13, 2011, 06:54:15 PM »
Finally got to check today's tweets:

There's this exchange:

FreakWithRights Serena-Saurus.
@lisbonx Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are my two favourite people. :)
5 hours ago

lisbonx Holly
@FreakWithRights i agree and Helena Bonham Carter too :') they do beautiful films♥
5 hours ago

FreakWithRights
@lisbonx Oh yes, the amazing trio. I'm looking forward to Dark Shadows. I went to the film set x)
5 hours ago

And this (which I suspect most of us can completely relate to):

Lauren_Lfc08 Laur3n -Lfcx
11th may cant come any quick Dark shadows is got cant wait to see Johnny Depp as a Vampire the babe <3 :D
4 hours ago

271 days 10 hours 5 minutes 45 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 13, 2011, 06:59:04 PM »
OT it seems The Lone Ranger JD project is in serious peril.

Wow - that's fascinating news. Thanks for the link, jimbo.  [ghost_smiley]

So now they can film the sequel to Shadows in October.   [ghost_tongue2] [ghost_cheesy]

If only!  [ghost_wink]  But look how long it took them to get the first script ready.

On the other hand, if Lone Ranger really is dead without any chance of it being revived, that's one less potential franchise in Depp's future, which could leave more room for a DS sequel and the franchise WB is supposedly hoping for...

271 days 10 hours 0 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 14, 2011, 05:07:15 AM »
Well I definitely hope that, if this film is good, the public will respond and we will see a series.  A Dark Shadows trilogy would be perfect.  Anything beyond 3 generally gets old, but three 2-hour movies could probably do justice to a variety of our beloved characters and plots.  After the first, they could really take it in a whole new direction, but it would be great to see some familiar characters be introduced again.  But we still have to wait for this one, and I am dying for a trailer to materialize!  When, Burton?  When?   [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 15, 2011, 03:58:12 AM »
It seems like the countdown has begun for Chloe Moretz. She tweeted this to a few friends earlier today:

ChloeGMoretz
@lulucoopss @HoneyKinny @evebe yes soon? im only here for 3 more weeks! :'( lets do this soon
10 hours ago

And that makes sense considering we've been lead to believe that the end of shooting will focus on Thomas McDonell's stuff.

270 days 1 hour 1 minute 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 15, 2011, 03:59:55 PM »
And once again I learn something because I had never heard of the word blag (but maybe it's used in England more than here in the US):

jemmabolt Jemma Bolt
So,appears Ive blagged myself in2the new Tim Burton film 'Dark Shadows'- really hope Jonny Depp doesn't try it on&give it the big I am #much
1 hour ago

Apparently she is an actress.

269 days 13 hours 0 minutes 5 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 15, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »
I'm posting links to these articles only because the person writing them indicates that Burton has used his font work in his films and there has been a bit of discussion about what sort of font the DS film will use (though in and of themselves they are interesting if you're into that sort of thing):

The Dark Shadows Font Project (February 13, 2009)

The Dark Shadows Font Project Revisited (August 4, 2011)

The Dark Shadows Project: A Look at Old English Fonts (August 15, 2011)

269 days 12 hours 44 minutes 54 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 15, 2011, 11:08:50 PM »
it seems The Lone Ranger JD project is in serious peril.

Apparently those early reports were partly wrong. Variety is reporting that while it's true that Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer have been arguing over the budget, Disney hasn't completely pulled the plug. Everyone is trying to figure out how they can cut the budget from $250 million down to $200 million. And if you ask me, $200 million for a non-sci-fi movie is mind-boggling in and of itself, never mind $250 million.

Oh, well - it looks like the potential for a Lone Ranger franchise to compete with a potential DS franchise could still be on...

269 days 5 hours 51 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 16, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »
KatieeKattx salazar slytherin
i love tim burton, that man is a creative genius.
1 hour ago

f*ckyeahSING ass!
@KatieeKattx my dad's working with him atm :DD
1 hour ago

KatieeKattx
@f*ckyeahSING SERIOUSLY?! oh my lord - I am so jelly! what I'd give to meet that man, he created my childhood.
1 hour ago

f*ckyeahSING
@KatieeKattx He is an inspiration. Hopefully I'll get to meet him. He's working on the film 'Dark Shadows'
1 hour ago

KatieeKattx
@f*ckyeahSING oh my god D; if you meet him, I may need to eat a jar of nutella out of jealousy :L and true dat, he's such a legend.
1 hour ago

269 days 4 hours 51 minutes 26 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 16, 2011, 06:34:33 AM »
Oh, well - it looks like the potential for a Lone Ranger franchise to compete with a potential DS franchise could still be on...

I really don't know if they can sell it.  I'd be very surprised if they were able to pull off more than one Lone Ranger movie in today's market.  I could be COMPLETELY wrong, but it's a hard sell.  It all goes back to the first, just as with Shadows.

So,appears Ive blagged myself in2the new Tim Burton film 'Dark Shadows'- really hope Jonny Depp doesn't try it on&give it the big I am #much

Oh, I think I understood "blag" from the context...  It was the rest I didn't get!   [ghost_cheesy]  What'd she say?