Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720178 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Darn.  Can't see the costume.

You can in this photo: Julia Escapes[ghost_smiley]

289 days 0 hours 13 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
also there's been no indication that vicki(or anybody else for that matter)will be "travelling" back in time to the year 1772. it looks like it's just a straight forward flashback for the film's audience to see.

I agree. As I said in the potential sequels topic, from the way Warner Brother's Press Release lays out the plot, there most probably won't be a sequel that deals with an origin story of how Barnabas came to be cursed as a vampire because this first film is going to deal with that. And it's probably unlikely to deal with much of anything else in 1772 but that. We'll probably see Barnabas' womanizing, his relationship with Angelique, his relationship with a Josette type character (if not Josette herself), his betrayal of Angelique (at least in her eyes) in favor of the Josette type character, and his cursing and burial. And it will all probably be dealt with fairly quickly so as to get to 1972 where the main story will take place. Victoria will probably never make a trip into the past because there won't be any need of it.

the "collins cannery" certainly looks dilapidated. unusable as a business in fact.

Though recall that some company tweeted that they provided the film with cannery equipment. But I suppose the film could simply be using it to dress the inside of the cannery for some scene or scenes that take place inside the cannery for some reason or other... Or maybe at some point the cannery is renovated...

288 days 23 hours 54 minutes 14 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for all of the links, MB!  Terrific.  

It looks like Julia is wearing some kind of night outfit...  with the robe and all.  I kind of wonder is she isn't actually a patient in her own hospital who escapes to the safehaven of...  Collinwood?   [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks for all of the links, MB!  Terrific.

It was certainly fun finding them all. But as much as I complained that there hadn't been any photos/video of shooting, I'm glad that a night like last night doesn't happen every night because I got absolutely nothing else done except for finding posts, tweets and photos. There's no way I could do that every night - or even every few nights every week during shooting.  [ghost_nowink]

It looks like Julia is wearing some kind of night outfit...  with the robe and all.  I kind of wonder is she isn't actually a patient in her own hospital who escapes to the safehaven of...  Collinwood?   [ghost_cheesy]

I had that same thought. Who know what the story between Julia and Angelique is going to turn out to be, but it would certainly seem to be complicated. Though, of course, that's a good thing.  [ghost_wink]

And speaking of photos of last night's shooting, I see where SimonandLiz (Hayhurst Consultancy) shared a few photos with DS News that they didn't post on Twitter - two of which that show the "unidentified woman" ;) much better:

SimonandLiz
Went to a film shoot in Beckenham last night for Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp & Tim Burton-see our photos in... http://fb.me/1a9CdnTAP
37 minutes ago

288 days 13 hours 51 minutes 50 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
A rehersal scene from yesterday showing a 70s ambulance going to the house-not much but something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh6P8RoIb_U

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Anything and everything is most appreciated, jimbo.  [ghost_smiley]

288 days 11 hours 10 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Another actor on Twitter who may be working on the film in some capacity:

paddy
christ I could really do with some interesting things on Twitter this afternoon. Anyone?
3 hours ago

MrMattJessup Matt Jessup
@paddy163 Here's something iteresting: I HAVE A THREE DAY WEEKEND!!!! And I WILL meet johnny Depp

paddy163
@MrMattJessup Why he is actually in your hood?
3 hours ago

MrMattJessup
@paddy163 Filming Dark Shadows 30 seconds down the road. INNIT! I'm putting your approachful expertise into practice.
2 hours ago

Or maybe he's just hoping to meet Depp.

And here's another potential extra heard from:

pippaselby Pippa Selby
Extra work on new Tim Burton/Johnny Depp film Dark Shadows? Well, why not..
2 hours ago

So, are half the people in and around London going to be in the film?  [ghost_wink]  It's starting to look that way?  [ghost_cheesy]

288 days 9 hours 4 minutes 55 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Check out the post under the photo of Burton on the Page 2 on the Beckenham site - there are links to two photos of them either preparing to shoot the climb or after shooting the climb. The woman (either HBC or a stunt woman) is standing below the window with a bunch of crew people. The second photo is pretty blurry, though.  [ghost_sad]

Also, I see that in one of the other newer posts someone says that shooting is now moving to Farnham in Surrey. That's where Bourne Woods and the Collinwood exterior set is located, so perhaps they'll be doing more shooting there...

288 days 8 hours 45 minutes 52 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The question is solved: DS News has posted a photo (again courtesy of SimonandLiz (Hayhurst Consultancy)) of the woman who climbed out the window - and, as we first suspected, it was not HBC.

Check out: More Photos From Dark Shadows Filming

288 days 8 hours 4 minutes 47 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Any guess who that actress or stunt double is playing? Thanks MB for all your hard work.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
All I know is that the reports said that Helena Bonham Carter and Eva Green were working.

Good news for anyone not on Facebook - the guy who uploaded the video last night to his Facebook page has uploaded it to YouTube today: Tim Burton movie 'Dark Shadows' filming in Beckenham Place Park

And then there's this tweet from Krysia Whitty, the prop buyer for the film:

kr_shhh
Will be jobless in 7 weeks time, that means one thing, time to book a holiday!!!
9 hours ago

Seven weeks definitely means that, as first reported in SG, shooting will last into September...

288 days 1 hour 15 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
DavidLyddon
Day 2 of Great Expectations and then more Dark Shadows:) nice.
29 minutes ago

287 days 20 hours 28 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
SimonandLiz Hayhurst Consultancy
Read our latest blog on recent shoot #Beckenham. Dark Shadows film by Tim Burton with Johnny Depp - lots of great... http://fb.me/XU3SKb1j
3 hours ago

Features two previously unseen photos they kept for themselves. One of Burton. One of "dog actors." (Though if you click on them, you can also see much larger versions of all the photos.)

And I was just saying to Midnite yesterday after DS News posted its second set of photos from the shooting that the "stunt woman" looked remarkably like Bella Heathcote but I figured I had to be wrong because no one tweeting or posting on the Beckenham Web site mentioned her name - only Eva Green and Helena Bonham Carter (- and some even went so far as to say it was actually HBC climbing down the sheets). But then I said to Midnite that perhaps that was because Bella Heathcote isn't that well known and maybe no one in the crowd recognized her. But in the end I definitely convinced myself that I was just seeing a resemblance but it wasn't really her. But I should have stuck to my instincts - and jimbo takes the prize for mentioning her name first (CONGRATS, JIMBO!!  [thumb]) because according to this blog, the "stunt woman" is indeed Bella Heathcote. So, apparently it was Victoria and not Julia who was escaping! And that makes a lot more sense. Though the big question is: Why was Victoria escaping? Or a possible bigger question: IS it Victoria? (Bella has red hair in the photos and we were lead to believe Victoria would have dark hair in the film.)

But well, well - our first photos of one of the stars shooting.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It has been decades since I won anything. jk Thanks. Just a lucky guess.

Nice photos MB. Thanks for the link. Now we need to find photos of Depp and company. Our work is never done.