Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 721010 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The word they use to describe the original show.  No wonder Eva Green thinks Dark Shadows is a comedy...

Obviously someone doesn't know the difference between a sitcom and a soap.  [ghost_rolleyes]

She reads stuff on the Internet!   [ghost_cheesy]

Which always carries the potential for ridiculously wrong info.

289 days 15 hours 8 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm - if true, some very interesting info regarding what may be shot today was posted an hour ago to the Beckenham site by someone named hodman-29.

289 days 14 hours 57 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Opps - apparently I missed this exchange the other day when Twitter was acting up:

CapnZeus
After only finishing filming at 3am I think I might just have an afternoon nap #oldman
23 Jul

jostarlighto
@CapnZeus hey Rick Xx how was your day.... Do tell me all about working with Michelle Pfeiffer :))
23 Jul

CapnZeus
@jostarlight hi Jo. She wasn't on set, we were working with johnny depp, eva green and Chris Lee all good, but a very late one, they ......
24 Jul

CapnZeus
@jostarlight have built a massive set out side, very impressive
24 Jul

jostarlight
@CapnZeus WOW!!! amazing!! :) :)
24 Jul

I presume he's talking about the fishing village (Collinsport) set. And interesting to know that Christopher Lee apparently worked on it

289 days 14 hours 35 minutes 53 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Even more interesting info posted an hour ago to the Beckenham site by someone named Claire McAleese, who claims Depp was indeed shooting last night. Another comment about how he's hardly recognizable - though for a different reason than we suspected. But, of course, we probably need to take some of these things with a grain of salt until they're confirmed...

289 days 12 hours 33 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
MissCaseyEverit Aleesha Everitt
just applied to Mad Dog casting...really wants to be work on Dark Shadows!!
2 hours ago

Hopefully it's not to late for her.

And this person is obviously a fan:

sammorgan19
@ThomasMcDonell Dark Shadows is going to be amazing b/c of you and Johnny!
1 hour ago

And who knew that the son who doesn't exist has been speaking up about the film:

BarnabasCoLLins
Dan Curtis’ son feels the #DARKSHADOWS fans are in good hands as #JohnnyDepp has promised “poetry” in the final product! http://is.gd/kIopZr
1 minute ago

But this is a perfect example of what I was saying the other day about how that misinformation would be taking on a life of its own.  [ghost_sad]

289 days 12 hours 4 minutes 13 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Finally a youtube video on the DS SDCC panel BUT just a quick interview of KLS and Hermes-unfortunately nothing on the actual panel-hopefully that will soon be coming. approx from 1:45 to 2:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDbe_Z5EoJY

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Very nice, jimbo. Thanks for sharing the link.  [ghost_smiley]

As for the Beckenham site, two photos have been posted of the park. The first doesn't really show much interesting unless you're into bike paths, but at least the second one shows the mansion in the distance with a giant crane. Check out the post from Jon Clarke that was made just under an hour ago.

289 days 10 hours 41 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Actually, here's a much better photo of the back of the mansion:

http://twitpic.com/5w76w7/full

Apparently someone will be escaping through a window with tied sheets.  [ghost_wink]  Well, either that or the crew is trying to escape from the mansion.  [ghost_grin]

And here's the tweet that shared the link:

daveno7
Setting up I believe..filming going on from dusk to 0200hrs... http://twitpic.com/5w76w7 #beckenhamplacepark
1 hour ago

289 days 10 hours 35 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Two tweets with  dusk shots of the mansion:

abbie_5TW Abbie Barrett
dark shadows set. http://twitpic.com/5wa6fv
1 hour ago

bashful1971
Dark shadows film set at beckenham place park. Johnny depp please come out http://yfrog.com/h7m1eslhj
7 minutes ago

Can it be that people are being allowed to get closer - or perhaps it's just that they're using zoom lenses?

Love the lighting in the second photo...

289 days 7 hours 14 minutes 26 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I should have waited to post the other two because apparently people are tweeting all sorts of photos:

leonsanli Leon Şanlı
This is as close as I could get on set of "Dark Shadows" starring Johnny Depp!!! In Beckenham Place Park!! http://twitpic.com/5w9dp9
2 hours ago

GazzaFentyWest Gary RiRiMinaj West
on set at Tim Burtons new film ;) http://lockerz.com/s/123894904
1 hour ago

GazzaFentyWest
better picture. on set at Tim Burtons new film 'Dark Shadows' http://lockerz.com/s/123896055
1 hour ago

And there's also this:

JonnyJimJams Jon C. James
Has officially been put forward for a role in Tim Burtons Dark Shadows! WOOP WOOP!
1 hour ago

289 days 6 hours 59 minutes 5 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
In response to a tweet from Jerry Bruckheimer promoting his new TV show Take The Money and Run:

BRUCKHEIMERJB
Where would you hide $100K?
2 hours ago

altonchase
@BRUCKHEIMERJB in @PinewoodStudios around the #darkshadows set in a briefcase - its a prop! or on that, in the prop department!
23 minutes ago via

But I'd like to see him get close enough to the DS set to actually hide it there. Burton & Co. would have him tossed out the door before he got anywhere near hiding something on the set!  [wink2]

289 days 6 hours 44 minutes 23 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Now a photo at night:

markclune
@wossy #Jonny Depp #Tim Burton #Helena Bonem-Carter filming Dark Shadows film in Beckenham Place Park. ReTweet to all! http://yfrog.com/kgkumttj
18 minutes ago

289 days 6 hours 31 minutes 27 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just now got back to IMDb to check out the pages for the three actors who've been recently added to the cast list, and what did I find? Well, *perhaps* the first photo of a character on one of the sets. Here's a photo of Lee Nicholas Harris, dressed as what certainly looks like the fisherman he's playing - and with a building that says "Collins Canning" behind him:

Lee Nicholas Harris

Can it really be our first photo? And IF it is, it's just buried in his photos where I just happened to look just on a whim of curiosity to see if I recognized him from anything he's done.  [ghost_huh]

289 days 6 hours 15 minutes 23 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm - even though this tweet doesn't say anything other than HBC's name -

brianstapleton1 Brian Stapleton
Interesting day First a car crashed into neighbours wall and then went to see #HelenaBonhamCarter filming new film Dark Shadows in the park
3 minutes ago

- why am I suddenly thinking that mansion could be playing Windcliff? Someone on the Beckenham site did say that inside they created a padded room. And IF that's true, well, what else is THE #1 location in the DS universe where people are ALWAYS escaping?  [wink2]

289 days 6 hours 4 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Definitely check out the first post on Page 2 of the Beckenham site (the post made by someone named James). He says that Depp is not shooting tonight but Helena Bonham Carter and Eva Green are - and people *may* be allowed to watch. And IF that IS true, perhaps we'll actually get our first photo of one or both women... And if the location really in Windcliff, I'm sensing a major plot point in the scene.

289 days 5 hours 42 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!