Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716978 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Did I mention lately that my excited meter is on the verge of bursting! :)  Thank you to all the cousins keeping us posted on then news.  It's hard to put into words what this means to me.  After 20 years of wanting DS to continue in some way, shape or form (besides a Giant snake with asthma of course) we are getting another shot with a lead actor and director who I personally feel is capable and terribly committed to trying to present the magic of DS to a new generation.  My greatest hope is that the movie is a huge success and becomes a popular franchise.

I was so blessed to get into DS and build a great DS family. And now these are people I can't imagine not being a part of my life. So the main reasons I hope the movie is great and does well is because  # 1 I want a resurgence in fandom and a franchise and #2 so other people can come into the DS family and see what the magic is all about!! :)

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
As for what the runner said, could it be that Johnny/Barnabas is not recognizable while in some kind of transformed vampiric state?  

Looks like we are all on the same page with that remark.  I was thinking that, perhaps, he was referring to a newly released Barnabas or a Barnabas who has aged or rotted significantly.  But, the altered vampiric state is also possible. 

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It'll be interesting to see if they go with the Barnabas aging due to Dr. Hoffman's "experiments" angle. If they do, I would presume they might go with a different way for him to reverse the aging. It's one thing to attack an adult Carolyn - but it's quite another to attack a 14-year-old. Though, of course, they could do it. Though I'd wonder what sort of rating that might bring? If they're going for an R, it wouldn't matter. But I do wonder if they could do that and get a PG-13?  [idontknow]

298 days 7 hours 55 minutes 32 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It just hit me this morning: I wonder if the new photo on Helena Bonham Carter's Twitter page has any connection to the film's masquerade party?

Helena Bonham Carter @OfficialHelena

Perhaps yes... Perhaps no...

297 days 13 hours 22 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
MB, thanks for keeping us updated by posting the various tweets.  It is much appreciated.

Nancy

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
If that pic is not Helena in costume, it ought to be.  Look at that blue jacket!  

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
the photograph of helena has absolutely nothing to do with the film...

it is an image from designer marc jacobs fall ad campaign. helena was chosen as his model.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info, michael_c.  [ghost_smiley]

(And speaking of Marc Jacobs - people make fun of some of the clothes worn during DS' 1970PT storyline, but compared to some of the things in Jacob's lines, those 1970PT clothes are positively subdued and staid! I swear some of his stuff in his ads looks like clown costumes - at least some of the men's clothes do...)

297 days 10 hours 54 minutes 49 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
# 1 I want a resurgence in fandom and a franchise and #2 so other people can come into the DS family and see what the magic is all about!! :)

Yes and yes!!! My only fear is that it'll be too different and updated since the original is so engrained on my brain... But I am very hopeful that it will have enough of the spirit of the original to maybe create its own new DS magic! Bring it on!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I know I said you can't compare the timing of promotional campaigns, not even for films at the same studio, but that said I just saw a tweet from Warner Brothers that a few hours ago they released a teaser trailer for The Dark Knight Rises - and it started shooting only a about a week before DS - and both are still shooting. We should only be so lucky that very soon Warner Brothers might also release a teaser trailer for DS. But we probably shouldn't hold our breaths...

And another tweet from another actor who's doing something in DS:

abramwelsh Allan Williams
Suddenly got 2 days, or is it nights, on 'Dark Shadows' Thursday & Friday. Busy busy.
1 minute ago

297 days 8 hours 13 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This is either complete foolishness or the weirdest bit of casting yet:

Johnny Depp gigs through 'Dark Shadows' with Megan Fox?

[ghost_huh]

297 days 6 hours 28 minutes 23 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Finally he's heard from on the subject of the film:

sethgs Seth Grahame-Smith
On my way to #WarnerBros to check out some #DarkShadows dailies.
1 minute ago

297 days 6 hours 23 minutes 1 second until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Just in case I am not the only one out there who has never heard of Megan Fox (since she isn't identified in the article), here's her Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Fox

Maybe she shows up as one of Barn's victims?  If I'm right that Depp/Burton are big fans of Leviathans and PT 1970, she may have a Marsha Mason moment and show up as the latest version of Audrey, the Leviathan Vampire Girl?

cheers, G.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
I just saw a tweet from Warner Brothers that a few hours ago they released a teaser trailer for The Dark Knight Rises - and it started shooting only a about a week before DS -

This is true. The new trailer plays before Harry Potter that was just released this weekend. Although, it doesn't really have a huge amount of footage from the new film, just a few brief flashes here and there. Mostly it relies on images from the previous two films and title sequenes "This is where it all ends" etc etc to build up excitement and momentum going into next summer. But really, with a movie franchise as big as Nolan's Batman, they don't need it.

And on the subject of Megan Fox, I DEARLY PRAY AND HOPE TO GOD that she is NOWHERE NEAR the new DS film. I cannot stand her and she is a TERRIBLE actress. I don't mean to hate, but I just can't help it. I seriously do wish and hope that this is one of those crazy rumors that someone started.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
at best fox would be something of a cameo. there simply isn't another major part available that hasn't already been cast...

as gothick suggests perhaps a vampire victim...ruby tate? maude browning? something of that sort.

[ghost_tongue]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.