Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716728 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I have friends in Newport and I'll never tire of seeing them. But I also love going to new places and I do as much as I can. I hope to retire, buy an RV and see the country.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Create_28
Cool, just found out Tim Burton is filming a new movie 'dark shadows' with Johnny Depp in the woods round the corner.. #timburton
3 hours ago

So where's the photo?  [ghost_smiley]

On the other hand, there's this:

COBAININACOMA
I keep getting excited for the new Dark Shadows then realizing it's being directed by Tim Burton, who butchers every story he remakes.
10 hours ago

300 days 12 hours 33 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Angelina Jolie stunt double Eunice Huthart forced to give up Liverpool restaurant to focus on stunt work

And apparently she's currently doing that stunt work on DS. Wonder who's she's doubling? Given the descriptions of Angelique and Barnabas' relationship, perhaps Eva Green? Though we may actually find out in the next installment...

300 days 12 hours 4 minutes 45 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This tweet would seem to indicate they'll be shooting at the Collinwood set tonight:

drewmunn
Got back from wedding rehearsal. Off to Bourne Woods soon where Johnny Depp is *NOT* filming Dark Shadows. ;-) wink wink
1 hour ago

Still wish we knew how Mr. Munn is involved with DS...

And I can't believe that some people on Twitter are still thanking liilyrosedepp for the Collinwood set photos she, uh, "borrowed" and posted as if they were her own...

300 days 8 hours 52 minutes 50 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I wonder if we will have any scenes of ingenues running from houses.  I can see it in the flashback, with some particularly lovely lady running away from Collinwood to Widows Hill.  This is only wishful thinking at this point, but one scene I can envision taking place at night in the 1772 Collinwood.  There aren't many others I can envision based on what we know... unless there is something with Angelique (which is most likely the case).  Maybe they will crossfade the two versions of the house as they make the transition to the present.  Speculating about the possible scenes we will see is fun - and a bit easier considering we know a lot more about the past than we do about the present. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I see that Dark Shadows News has posted three more photos of preparations being made at the Collinwood set location: New Dark Shadows Movie Location Photos. Though none of the photos are of the Collinwood set itself.

(And one can't help but wonder if one day liilyrosedepp will try to pass off one or more of them as her own?  [ghost_rolleyes])

300 days 0 hours 49 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

(Soon the countdown will be under 300 days!  [ghost_wink])

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I wonder if we will have any scenes of ingenues running from houses.  I can see it in the flashback, with some particularly lovely lady running away from Collinwood to Widows Hill.  This is only wishful thinking at this point, but one scene I can envision taking place at night in the 1772 Collinwood.

Ah yes - the classic Gothic tableaux of the woman running from the house and dressed in a flowing white dress or especially a flowing white nightie. And if she's also holding a lit candelabra, well, so much the better.  [ghost_cheesy]

300 days 0 hours 41 minutes 36 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
You know it, MB!  Just like that amazing poster/ad from the revival series. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I hadn't been keeping up with the posts on JOHNNYDEPPZONE, but apparently I should have been because there have been quite a few interesting ones:

On this page check out:

• the one posted Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:32 pm, which among other things confirms shooting into August.
  • and the one posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:24 pm in which the poster shares that a runner on the Collinwood exterior set believes that "Even if you saw him, you wouldn't recognise" Depp as Barnabas.  That must be some transformation - or at least some transformation on that particular night's shooting.

On this page check out:

• the one posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:40 am, which gives some details of the preparations being made at the Collinwood exterior set for the night shoot on the 24th.

On this page check out:

• the one posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:50 am that says that *supposedly* Depp shot on location at a residential house in Crowthorne.

On this page check out:

• the one posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:58 am, which is a copy of a post from another message board about a guy who allowed his vintage car to be used in the film (in a scene that was still to shoot but has since been shot on the 12th). Unfortunately, the link to the original post on the other board doesn't work.
  • and the one posted Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:38 am, which is a transcript of Alice Cooper's interview on Lee Mack's All Star Cast.

On this page check out:

• the one posted Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:39 pm, which is the transcript of a July 1st article (that Google apparently didn't deem worthy enough to send out an alert for [ghost_angry]) about Depp, Pfeiffer and Bonham Carter shooting at the Collinwood exterior set.
  • and the one posted Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:54 am, which is another report about shooting in Crowthorne (where the Transport Research Laboratory is located, so perhaps they were shotting there that day).

On this page check out:

• the one posted Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:05 pm from someone who supposedly met Depp at Pinewood and saw him in full costume.

299 days 8 hours 21 minutes 55 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Interesting.  Someone asked if by "dashing traditional Vampire with a quirk" (or however the wording was), the person meant that Depp was costumed in a copy of one of the original Barnabas costumes, and they responded that the look for this Barnabas is "completely different."  Which is what one would expect.  It will be interesting though to see if they keep the ring and the cane...

G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I really wonder if I believe this poster...  The info is so generic.  And the fact that they don't want to give anything away...  Really?  I'm taking that report with a grain of salt.  And how can he look totally different if A) his hair is the length of Frid's B) We have seen a cane...  I guess it depends whether you are looking at 1772 Barnabas or 1972 Barnabas.  But there's not really much you can do to change the costume of the character and still remain "traditional".  If anything, I doubt the description "totally different" fits.  There have to be some recognizable elements - even if it's just the fact that he wears a suit!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The reason I said that post was made by someone who "supposedly" met Depp and saw him in costume is because it's so hard to know if their info is reliable or not. The reason they're not providing specifics makes perfect sense because of how secretive Burton always is - so they do have that on their side. But it's also a case that the fact that Burton is so secretive that makes it so much easier to make up stories because at this point there's no way to refute them. And one thing they don't have on their side which could make them more believable is a history with that board as they simply showed up out of the blue. Anyone can show up on a message board and they can claim anything. And when such people are unwilling to provide specifics, 9 times out of 10 it's because what they're saying is completely fabricated. They simply want attention, or to put something over on the regular posters, or both. So, who knows which set of circumstances are true in this case? Is Burton's secrecy behind the lack of specifics? Or is it because the story is all lies?

The remark that I find most fascinating, though, is in a totally different post. It's the one the runner at the Collinwood set made when he commented that even if Depp had been seen, he wouldn't have been recognizable. That begs all sorts of questions. And we know it's coming from a much more reliable source...

298 days 12 hours 58 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Like you, I would take a lot of this stuff with a huge grain of salt (unless there are photos  [ghost_wink] ).  This Zone poster is brand new; I know some of the gals over there and if it had been someone I was familiar with, I'd put a lot more weight behind it than I do.  But also remember that if it *were* legit, they would probably have had to sign confidentiality agreements and would not be able to provide specifics, anyway.  So, just keep these tidbits and descriptions tucked away in the back of your mind, in case, but don't bank too much on 'em.

As for what the runner said, could it be that Johnny/Barnabas is not recognizable while in some kind of transformed vampiric state?  The show didn't really have the resources to change Frid's appearance very much (with the exception of when he aged rapidly) but so much more is possible for a motion picture. 

Anyway, going by the past few Burton films when we've sometimes been lucky enough to get thrown a bone of a brief look at character(s) before the filming is complete (which may be in a month or so, if they're on schedule), I'm still hoping we may get to see an actual image of someone from the cast (hopefully Johnny) soon!  Drumming my fingers...

Cathy

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
As for what the runner said, could it be that Johnny/Barnabas is not recognizable while in some kind of transformed vampiric state?  The show didn't really have the resources to change Frid's appearance very much (with the exception of when he aged rapidly) but so much more is possible for a motion picture.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A while back I speculated that perhaps we should prepare ourselves for a very different vampire look than we're used to with DS. And the runner's remark *may* be the first evidence that that will possibly turn out to be true.

298 days 11 hours 35 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Just because we've seen photos of Depp with a cane doesn't mean he'll have on as Barnabas. He may just have it because he's a fan of the original or to put us off track.
May you die before you want too.