Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719854 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i have heard...although not at this board...that there are fans who are actually upset that the movie is not using the original actors as it's stars.

to think that a group of obscure actors in their 60's, 70's and 80's could somehow carry this major film is rather unrealistic.

also i'm surprised that quentin's name(and potential casting)is still being bandied about. the cast list has been announced. the plot synopsis released. the film has started shooting. the movie is about BARNABAS' release and the ensuing events not about a much later character and storyline. i doubt johnny depp signed on to this project to share the screen with another male lead.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm - I guess they're shooting today - or at least doing something:

kr_shhh
Work on a Saturday.... I should have been in a car with @TeganLOVEFiLM right now on the way to sommerset. Unhappy face.
5 hours ago

And a current photo of the Collinwood set:

xxKimbobxx
Just walked passed the set for new johnny depp film ''Dark shadows''. At Bourne Wood http://yfrog.com/khv03vj
6 hours ago

Wonder why the took the black down?  And I see a new bush (a few feet to the left of the entrance), but the other small tree has been there for a while

306 days 13 hours 12 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
SDCC on Friday July 22, 2011:
6:00-7:00 Hermes Press / Dark Shadows The Classic Series and the New Tim Burton Film

I didn't even notice this conflict on the schedule:

TheWomanInBlack Debi Moore
Really @Comic_Con, did you HAVE to schedule Dark Shadows at the same time as True Blood? Just one of many conflicts, I know, but it hurts.
12 hours ago

Why do I suspect a lot more people will go to the True Blood panel?  [ghost_wink]

306 days 12 hours 47 minutes 43 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
In response to where at Pinewood the castle set for Snow White and the Huntsman is being built:

iainl7
@SuitablyManic fills the Pinewood car park. Prometheus and Dark Shadows have taken over every ounce of space they can hide from view!
2 hours ago

The DS sets are hidden from view? We would have never guessed.  [ghost_wink]  And how wild that just those two movies fill so many stages at Pinewood because Pinewood supposedly has like 16 stages. The only stage we know DS is using is the 007 stage, which is the biggest stage at Pinewood: 374 ft. long, 158 ft. wide, and 41 ft. high. And the only reason we know that is because of the tweet from CapnZeus where he posted photos or video of the DS set there on foursquare.com. (Though none of us can access the content of his account because it's private.  [ghost_sad])

306 days 7 hours 49 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oops - I missed this one last night:

MOGO2814
i checked out the exterior set for dark shadows yesterday-the colinswood estate looks both awesome and haunted.
16 hours ago

Too bad he didn't share a photo...

And then we have this mishap:

ChloeGMoretz
A bee just flew into me and stung my eyelid...thanks mother nature -__-
33 minutes ago

Ouch!

305 days 13 hours 0 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Seems like this guy is trying to entice ClevverTV to visit the set

Sirtaggy
@ClevverTV On set at Collinwood Manor for Dark Shadow (A.K.A) bourne woods farnham surrey http://twitpic.com/5nzqtk
7 hours ago

And thanks to his photo we can now see that they've planted quite a few trees outside the wall surrounding the house. And I doubt they'd be doing that if they weren't going to shoot there again. And apparently someone was doing something there because that red and blue staging wasn't there in the photo posted yesterday.

305 days 12 hours 23 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I had no idea Depp's kids have Twitter accounts:

jack_depp
Seeing Dark Shadows set tomorow, its going to be fun!
48 minutes ago

aantoniaf
@liilyrosedepp What are your plans for tomorrow? ;)
12 minutes ago

liilyrosedepp
@aantoniaf Going to dark Shadows set
4 minutes ago

I wonder if they've had to sign confidentiality agreements too?  [ghost_wink]

305 days 8 hours 17 minutes 55 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This is interesting - and I don't know if we should believe it or take it with a grain of salt - but the admin of the message board on a Web site that says it's Christopher Lee's "Official Website" posted this yesterday with regard to Lee working in DS:

"He is working in the movie for sure. As for his role, I do not know."

Check out the topic and the post here: Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows"

If true, fantastic news!  [thumb]

305 days 8 hours 0 minutes 41 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
After reading a conversation about Lee in DS on IMDB, I thought it was a terrific idea.  Being since Lee has been such a staple of Burton films, it only makes sense that he would be in one about a vampire.  It would be fun if he played a Van Helsing-esque role to counter his own Dracula.  I could see Lee as the Sheriff or as in Professor/Doctor role.   [ghost_wink]  I also think he would make a GREAT Bill Malloy or Matthew Morgan, though I doubt either will make it into this film.  

Original Series Spoiler Below:
[spoiler]
And I still don't think that we'll ever learn "officially" the origins of our foundling governess - as in "Whose daughter is this anyway?"  And this makes me depressed.  [/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I see in the topic on IMDb that someone said just an hour ago that the post was made by Lee's son-in-law and that's who runs Lee's official Web site. Well, that would *seem* to lend credence to it, then.

305 days 7 hours 29 minutes 35 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Umm, I would *not* trust the twitters of Johnny's "children" even if they say "official" they are not verified.  Besides, Lily-Rose is spelling her name wrong ;)

As for Christopher Lee, I remember Lee's son-in-law giving accurate information back in the days of Sweeney Todd.  He was legit.  Lee was set to be in the cast of Sweeney Todd, as a "ghost"- he and other "ghosts" would be doing some sort of narration including the Ballad Of Sweeney Todd.  But in the end, they decided not to go in that direction, and Lee and the others were regrettably cut from te film.  You can see an ad announcing the principal photography for ST that actually lists Lee in the cast, on my website here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/madscntst/GallerySweeney.html

and I mention a little about the incident on another page on my website, here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/madscntst/SweeneyArticles.html

(scroll almost to the bottom, under "Older information and tidbits")

I'm thrilled that Lee will participate in DS!!

Cathy

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I want very much to support this movie but it has been suggested that we should go see it no matter what and I won't do that. If the trailers look good, not even great but just good, and word from fans is good I'll be there but I won't pay to go see a bad movie. I hope that doesn't happen but we won't know until it's finished.

If Seaview was in it I'd go just to see Seaview on the big screen but I haven't liked any of Burton's or Depp's films in a long time. Again, I hope this is a GREAT movie and I'll go see it even if it just looks good. But if it looks bad I won't.
May you die before you want too.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
cousin barnabas mentions something that, believe it or not, had never even occurred to me until the last few days...

will this film FINALLY solve the mystery surrounding vicki's parentage? and if it does, does it become "canon", meaning does it take all the guesswork out of the situation once and for all and become the "official" outcome of this long unresolved storyline?

elizabeth and victoria are both part of the film. liz has a "secret" and i highly doubt we're going to get into the paul stoddard/jason mcquire stuff given the perimeters of a two hour film that will largely focus on barnabas. it could be done.

this mystery was "solved" during the 'return to collinwood' presentation at the fest some years back but i didn't go for it at the time. will this movie answer our questions? [ghost_shocked]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The writer is returning to London  Written about 20 minutes ago.

@sethgs
Seth Grahame-Smith Off to London again for more #DarkShadows. See you bright and early Tuesday, @PinewoodStudios

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
michael c - For me the "Return To Collinwood" did answer the question. If this movie wants to cover that again it's cool, but we have the answer. I'm going to try and think of this movie as a PT story line and anything they do will live in that new PT story which allows the original and other versions to have their stories as well.
May you die before you want too.