Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716961 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
and guess who the "michael" was who sent the writer an e-mail questioning her assessment of the michelle pfieffer casting... [ghost_wink]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thank you!  [thumb]

308 days 0 hours 24 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Good job Michael

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Chloe Moretz promises 'amazing' Dark Shadows

Also I can't believe that someone at Pinewood actually answered this woman:

xhollyxox
i'm on a mission to find johnny depp & hbc on set filming dark shadows. - anyone had any success?
1 hour ago

xhollyxox
@PinewoodStudios was dark shadows filmed in pinewood studios? & is it still filming at the moment? :)
1 hour ago

PinewoodStudios
@xhollyxox It is indeed pinewood.me/DarkShadows
1 hour ago

Does Pinewood really want to encourage fans to show up at the studio. It would seem not considering the ones who've tweeted they've been prevented from getting near the main entrance and sent away by security. So answering this woman seems odd to say the least. (Not to mention no one ever answers when someone asks something interesting.  [ghost_sad]) But it would be interesting if someone also answers this:

xhollyxox
@PinewoodStudios thankyou! do you know when it is supposed to finish filming? :)
1 hour ago

We've been given the date of August 12th by another source, so it would be nice to see that date corroborated...

And finally for now, we have this:

joneliel
At Pinewood Studios, spotted this for Dark Shadows the new Johnny Depp film. http://yfrog.com/hso2hinpj
1 hour ago

Why do I suspect the Collinsport police will be just as inept in the Depp/DS film as they are in every other incarnation of DS?  [ghost_cheesy]

307 days 13 hours 5 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
MB that is suprising Pinewood Studios responded to a question posed on Twitter. The following supplements your thread on the Hermes SDCC appearance. We might get information on the movie from this panel at the SDCC on Friday July 22, 2011:
6:00-7:00 Hermes Press / Dark Shadows The Classic Series and the New Tim Burton Film— Lara Parker (Angelique from Dark Shadows), Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie Evans and Josette DuPres from Dark Shadows), Jim Pierson (consulting producer for the new Dark Shadows film), and Daniel Herman  (publisher, Hermes Press) talk about the classic show, the comic book, and print tie-ins and reveals up-to-date news and some surprises about the upcoming Tim Burton film starring Johnny Depp, along with a Q&A session. Room 4

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
that is suprising Pinewood Studios responded to a question posed on Twitter.

There hasn't been a peep from Pinewood so far as that last question goes.

reveals up-to-date news and some surprises about the upcoming Tim Burton film

Hopefully it will be true that they reveal "some surprises" because last year they made similar promises but didn't reveal anything that we didn't already know. But then, it's very hard to "surprise" any of us who keep up with DS on the Internet. Not impossible - but certainly hard.  [ghost_wink]

307 days 9 hours 50 minutes 15 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I too am of an age to have watched DS when originally aired--but have zero objection to attracting the teen audience.  I would mind if that were the only audience targeted--just as I think a film intended solely for fans of the first series would be...well, hopeless.  I want new fans for Dark Shadows!  Lots of em!  I want the DS Festival to swell in size, to branch out and need to meet on both coasts each year!

To do that, IMHO, requires a good movie.  Not one that simply retreads the same details and essentials as before, but a fresh and compelling take springing out of a good script, fine performances, good direction and design, etc.  Trying to manipulate an audience into liking something very rarely works.  What is needed is for the filmmakers to all be on the game, on the same page, and making a movie they'd want to go see!  As ever, it'll be a crapshoot.  Plenty of wonderful flicks never found an audience for a variety of reasons (mostly coming down to blind luck).

But let us also not forget this movie is a movie, not a soap opera of twenty-five minutes each day for several months.  It may be set in 1971, but will be shown in movie theaters in 2012 for audience members who have a somewhat different sensibility.  That fact is no more "good" nor "bad" than the existence of CGI or of color.

Bottom line:  I'm hoping for a good movie, for myself and others, including those who've never heard of DS before now.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
That seems like a very odd color for a Sheriff's car.  But perhaps that's the way police vehicles looked in Maine in 1972...

G.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
All of these people who are taking pictures around the sets of the film are super lucky! It would be so interesting to have a film being made nearby the town where you live. I'd probably have to take a vacation from work for the entirety of the shoot just so that I could go to the sets everyday and watch and listen for whatever I could see or hear!

Too bad for me, my area isn't really that special for filming movies!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Hey Cousins!  Enjoying all the great news coming our way!!! I am SO BEYOND EXCITED. I know I say it all the time but it's a great time to be a DS fan.  I have missed you guys! I am back now for a good while!

Love the pic of Chloe in her mode 1972 outfit!!  :)  I cannot wait to see her in action. I cannot wait to see our first pic of Michelle! :) YAWR!! I think it was a VERY wise choice to make Chloe younger. I think it puts an amazing spin on it.  Carolyn was younger in the original but in the Revival she seemed much older than Nancy. Plus this leaves room to take Carolyn  into a new direction as she ages and IF WE ARE LUCKY we get sequels!

I love the fact the Lara Parker is doing a cameo.  I think they should also get David Selby and KLS. NO offense to any other actors but they are who I desire.  Alexandra would be a coup but I don't know if she would do it.

Thanks for all the tireless work for updates!  Hugs to you all! XXOXOX

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And yet another person who's seen the Pinewood sets:

Manster_Dan
Helped out at Pinewood today! Saw sets for Prometheus and Dark Shadows - f**king immense!!! :D
2 hours ago

Also, Hermes Press' latest Press Release regarding Comic Con 2011 (the link to which is posted in the Hermes Press Comic Con topic on the "Calendar Events / Announcements '11 II" board) includes this bit:

"and Jim just may have a scoop or two from behind the scenes of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp’s upcoming Dark Shadows feature film!"

I'll believe it when we see it!  [ghost_wink]

307 days 2 hours 27 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
That seems like a very odd color for a Sheriff's car.  But perhaps that's the way police vehicles looked in Maine in 1972...

a sheriff's car huh...

i wonder if there's a small and as yet unannounced part for sheriff patterson? could be an interesting bit of stunt casting.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I think it would be cool to see Chris Pennock as Sheriff Patterson. For some reason I am seeing it! :) [ghost_wink]  Also, I have to say that if they do Quentin perhaps he will be presented  towards the movie ending? Or perhaps they will make a quasi movie ending and/or opening for the next storyline to move forward with  if a sequel happens. I hope that made sense!

This time next year DS will have almost been out two month, perhaps still in the theater's if we are lucky; and it will be a smash hit across the globe---hopefully!

Regardles of if everyone on this thread thinks  they are going to like this movie or not we should ALL go see it at least once.  IF not for anything but to keep the spirit of DS alive. Who knows, Chiller, or another channel could pick up the original DS if Deep and Co. score a hit!   I have my hopes set HIGH!  And I like it that way!  We are blessed that this is happening. I feel very blessed.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
The cameos of the original actors are definitely going to be a treat for those of us who watched the original show. It'll be awesome to see our favorites back in some way, shape, or form and involved in the new movie! Personally, I would love it if those who are making appearances have a role that is ironically opposed to the one they played so famously in the original series.

Also, I hope this movie does very well, as I'm sure we all do, because that will only mean great things for the future of Dark Shadows as a brand. As long as the brand name is kept alive in some incarnation, there is always a possibility that something great will happen, just as this new feature film has proven. Our loyalty and devotedness has proven that if nothing else. Because as everyone knows, money talks, and since there is a proven market for this stuff (even if it is rather small in the grand scheme of things) the right company and group of people can sell it to the max--as Warner Brothers, Depp and Burton undoubtedly hope to do!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran