Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717213 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Alice Cooper
Hung out on the set of Dark Shadows today...

And considering that yesterday it would certainly seem as if during at least part of the day they were shooting the masquerade party, he may indeed have a cameo. Though who knows what will make it into the film and what will end up on the cutting room floor? Back in '70, more shooting time was devoted to the hoDS costume party than any other part of the film (almost an entire three day period) yet barely any of it made it into the film. Though at least these days deleted scenes are very often included as extras...

Quote from: Alice Cooper
You sickos are going to love this movie!

Let's hope all of these people who are posting great comments on Twitter and Facebook are right.  [ghost_wink]

313 days 12 hours 37 minutes 47 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I'm hoping the house looks better on film with the CGI added to it.

I love the look of the Collinwood exterior set. It's very dark and Gothic, which is what I was hoping for...

Though after seeing it fully dressed for the present time, I'm really beginning to wonder if the people who thought that perhaps the house wouldn't be inhabited in 1972 weren't right. I mean, would the Collinses actually be living there with all that overgrowth? And worse yet, an abandoned car on the front lawn?! But I suppose time will tell...

313 days 12 hours 32 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I too think Collinwood looks fantastic.  I'm really interested in what the final product looks like.  I think it's going to have a very familiar central tower.  What form it takes is what interests me, though.

As for people living in the house, I believe that it is definitely inhabited.  With the car being outside of the side door, I'm thinking it belongs to Willie Loomis.  He would park his car there.  Now, whether the house is inhabited by the Collins family or by Barnabas Collins is the question.  But, I'm thinking it's the Collinses and they just aren't keeping up with the Joneses in terms of home care. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I think it's going to have a very familiar central tower.  What form it takes is what interests me, though.

Given the Gothic nature of the architecture of the set, there are really three ways the tower could be capped off: a battlement, a conical roof, or both. It's definitely going to be interesting to see which they pick...

But, I'm thinking it's the Collinses and they just aren't keeping up with the Joneses in terms of home care.

If they're living in a house in the sort of condition we've seen in the photos of the dressed set, saying they're not keeping the property up is beyond an understatement!!  [ghost_cheesy]

313 days 10 hours 25 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
When I saw this Google Alert a few minutes ago, I thought that because it says "first imagery," just perhaps we were going to see the first pictures of the interiour set of Collinwood:

Dark Shadows: Behind-the-Scenes at Collinwood Manor
DreadCentral.com
Courtesy of Fan Pop, below you'll find the first imagery of the lofty and spooky estate being constructed for Tim Burton's big screen adaptation of the classic television series "Dark Shadows". The ensemble cast includes Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, ...

But no. It's only a few of the exterior set photos that we're all all-too-familiar with after having seen them over the past few weeks. So who knows why Dread Central seems to think they're "the first imagery of the lofty and spooky estate"?  [ghost_rolleyes]

Oh, well. But one day...

313 days 7 hours 35 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I saw a tweet earlier that said that Alice Cooper was on a program called ChatShow in England and said he is doing a cameo in DS - but the tweeter said he couldn't tell if Cooper was serious or kidding (so I didn't post it - and now I can't find it again). However, other tweets, like the following one, are coming out and confirming the story:

bwp_architects
Alice Cooper interview on Lee Mack - filming Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp; fancy bumping into him in Bourne Woods in the dark? #Farnham
6 hours ago

And apparently another comment Cooper made on the show:

FlumblesMum
Loved Alice Cooper describing Dark Shadows as Coronation Street with vampires!
6 hours ago

So, because the interview was done a few days before it was run, it's looking like Cooper really did do a cameo in the film on Friday as we suspected he might have.

Changing reels, other sites (shocktilyoudrop.com, geektyrant.com, wegotthiscovered.com, ...) are jumping on the bandwagon with the same set of photos. But at least they seem to have the good sense not to claim the photos are the "first" anything.

And it's interesting to read the comments that are being posted because the set would seem to be an overwhelming hit with people...

312 days 23 hours 49 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Given the Gothic nature of the architecture of the set, there are really three ways the tower could be capped off: a battlement, a conical roof, or both. It's definitely going to be interesting to see which they pick...

Looks like we are on the same page.  And, I am kind of leaning in the "both" direction at the moment...

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
I just took that remark as being the first photos from the film, which they pretty much are, not that they were the first to have them.  Your mileage may vary...

I don't know if any here have seen the TV movie Grey Gardens, with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange, but I'm getting that same kind of vibe here, that they are recluses living in a house that has become more and more decrepit due to lack of upkeep.  I'm kind of sad thinking about it, actually  [ghost_sad] 

Cathy

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just took that remark as being the first photos from the film, which they pretty much are

Well, yeah - in that sense it's true - especially considering that there hasn't been anything else from the film. Not that I'm bitter that there have been actual photos of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter online - and actual footage of the shooting of The Dark Knight Rises on YouTube. No, not bitter at all. ...  [ghost_wink]

I don't know if any here have seen the TV movie Grey Gardens, with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange, but I'm getting that same kind of vibe here, that they are recluses living in a house that has become more and more decrepit due to lack of upkeep.  I'm kind of sad thinking about it, actually  [ghost_sad]

I have seen it. And if the Collinses are going to be like the Bouvier Beales, that will be depressing - though perhaps a valid choice and one I obviously hadn't thought of. ... Actually, now that I think about it, the choice could be quite intriguing. We shall see...

312 days 13 hours 11 minutes 49 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I adore the house and the spooky grounds.  I think it has such a creepy feel to it. I hope the graveyard is in these woods as well!!  With lighting and CGI I think it's going to be amazing. Maybe they will fashion some towers after Seaview?  Regardless, I love the new take on Collinwood. I love the unkempt look of the vines etc. As Nancy said, it's a great time to be a DS fan. When I talk about it I am grinning from ear to ear!  Can't wait till May!!  YIPEE!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Sorry for the double post. I am a bit exuberant! Perhaps when we see the[spoiler]flashbacks to 1772 Collinwood[/spoiler]the house will be in an immaculate state and cleaned up by the crew?

It's been amazing seeing all the news post about Johnny buying the rights in 2007 till now! Sometimes we lost faith but most of the time we all held fast to the dream about the dark haired girl on the train going to Maine and of course Barnabas was there looking for a juicy vein! I am feeling silly, don't mind me!

It's been amazing watching it all come to fruition.... [ghost_wink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently he's shooting again:

NickyEssex_
@Rach_RVX yeah, Pinewood Studios tomorrow on new Jonny Depp movie 'Dark Shadows' .. Early start!! X
11 hours ago

For someone who's only supposed to be an extra in the film, he's shooting an awful lot. Either he appears in some amazingly complicated scenes to shoot - or they're dressing up the same extras in different outfits and using them over and over again!  [ghost_cheesy]

Also, for the past two days the recent articles about the Collinwood set photos have to be the most tweeted about DS topic because I'd say at least 7 out of every 10 DS-related tweets point to one of the Web sites (from all over the world now) featuring the four under construction photos. Some of the tweets along with some of the Web sites are claiming they're the first photos of the set (as opposed to the first photos from the film) - but still, it's great to see so much interest on Twitter as well as on so many Web sites...

311 days 20 hours 27 minutes 52 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I'm not at all happy with the house, with Alice or his music or pot being in the movie. That just my opinion, I still plan to see it and I've not said that it isn't going to be a great movie, I hope it will be.

That said it seems that if anyone points out something that they heard about the movie that they don't like some fans says they are "bashing the movie without have seen it". Fact is saying this movie is good or bad without having seen it is equally wrong. It could be the best or the worst movie every made or something in between. None of us will know until it's released and we've seen it. I haven't seen that happen here yet and I hope I don't.

The movie sounds like a cross between "Blacula" ( Prince Mamuwalde is cursed by Dracula and locked in his coffin, then his wife is closed up in a secret room with his coffin until the Prince is released ) and "Dracula A.D. 1972" where a ritual is used to bring Dracula back this time to walk the streets of a psychedelic era London. They both take place in 1972, Alice Cooper and pot would fit into both movies. I would guess that both films were inspired by Dark Shadows and they're both classics, but we don't need to see either re-made as a Dark Shadows movie.

I hope the new movie reminds me only of Dark Shadows.
May you die before you want too.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I guess I don't care if Alice plays a part in the movie as long as he does a good job, I don't care who's in it so long as they play their part well. I just don't want the movie to have a "Rock -N -Roll" soundtrack.

Getting ready to watch "Blacula" and "Dracula A.D. 1972".
May you die before you want too.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
while i can certainly understand your reservations about the film...i think we all have them to some extent...i must say that your relentless negativity about the project is really bringing the tone of the board down.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.