Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716897 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Extra had a nice segment at the DS premiere. Several members of the cast were seen, but only Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer were interviewed (as was Alice Cooper, briefly).

2 days 3 hours 55 minutes 53 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I couldn't care less what critics have to say.  Remember, critics blasted the OS and virtually everything that followed.  TV Guide critic Cleveland Amory ripped the show a new one when he watched it for a week to write his review.  He then said that, after he stopped watching it for the mandatory week he "missed it."  Critics and television critical historians have today softened a bit, taking a better appreciation of the program and what it did and how it found a secure place in our culture, creating a precedence for countless future works, from novels to films to TV shows.  Don't forget that The Wizard of Oz was not highly liked by the critics and, despite several Academy Award nominations, it was not a money maker until years after its 1939 release.  It really didn't become viewer popular until it started to air annually on TV almost 20 years after it hit the theaters.  Today, it's regarded as one of the best films ever made, almost always in all top-ten lists.  Remember the old saying:  a prophet is never recognized in his own land.

As for our DS party group, we have the times for eight Saturday matinees divided between two theaters.  We're trying to figure out which will be the best time.

Gerard

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i foolishly read one early review that warned of "minor spoilers"...

[spoiler]the review itself is actually one of the more complimentary but if the reviewer is to be believed(and he'd really have no reason to lie)than there is a fundamental change to one of the characters that's astonishing. i can't believe it hasn't been leaked earlier.[/spoiler]

it completely changes, and in alot of ways ruins, it for me.

and i've been something of a cheerleader. [ghost_sad]

sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I have to say I found it a hoot that Alice Cooper thought the set for the Great Hall of Collinwood looked "just like the Playboy Mansion."

That comment, and the macrame bit in the one clip, are the funniest things to have emerged from this affair this far, at any rate so far as I am concerned.

G.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
This article was linked-to before, but I can't find the post to quote it: [edit: See Reply #4336 --admin]
So, I love this:

Producer Graham King proclaimed at a recent BritWeek event that the studio is already at work on a sequel, and the film's ending leaves the door open for just that.

Yes. More DS, please. I'll take it any way I can get it.

But Burton told Collider.com that the pic's soap-opera roots are the reason for the ending, and there was no conscious decision to set it up with future installments in mind. "First of all, it's a bit presumptuous to think that," Burton told the website. "If something works out, that's one thing, but you can't ever predict that."

Baloney.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Some interesting surprises this morning:

Depp and Burton were supposed to be on CBS This Morning. but they weren't. And I have no idea if a reason was given for why they weren't because I simply scanned through the entire program and I have no intentions of going back to watch the entire 2 hours to find out if they did. But maybe they'll be on tomorrow or Friday. Though it wasn't a total loss to have recorded the show because near the end of the first hour another new reviews TV spot ran with new footage and at least one new review (yet another that isn't listed on Rotten Tomatoes).

On the other hand, the Chloe Moretz segment did run on ES.TV, and it was quite nice. But what was surprising about it was that it also included Bella Heathcoate. She didn't get to say much as it was Chloe's segment, but she was featured in clips, and perhaps she'll show up in a segment of her own next week. I checked my DVR's program guide but it's not listing yet who's on next week.

1 day 12 hours 37 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Thanks for the info about CBS This Morning, MB.  I put the show on, but I had to leave for work at 8.  Just before the end of the first hour, they were teasing who was coming up on the show, and when the hostess said, "You'll never guess who's in the green room", I turned to the TV because I assumed she was going to say Depp and Burton (even though I wouldn't be able to stay to watch, I was hoping to catch a small glimpse).  But it wasn't, and actually if I'd been thinking straight it wouldn't have made sense anyway, because they were surely in London by then.  Any segment they do on the show will be pre-taped, so I can only assume that they didn't have room in the show today :(  But anyway, I'm glad I didn't miss anything, because I've been in meetings all morning and this is the first time I saw that the CBS This Morning didn't happen.  Hopefully another day- I should be able to leave for work a little later tomorrow and Fri.

So, today is the London premiere, and supposedly there will be live streaming of the event starting at 1 p.m. EDT.  Here is a link- I don't know whether it'll work or not, since apparently they also said that there would be live streaming from Grauman's and there wasn't.

http://www.livestream.com/darkshadows/share

BTW I loved the Kimmel segment last night.  The conversation was a little light on DS but at least they showed a nice clip (and since I've been avoiding most clips lately, it was new to me, other than the part that we saw in the trailers).  But I could sit and listen to Johnny talk about music all day, so for me, it was great to hear him talk about all the folks he's been jamming with lately  [ghost_cool]   But is it just me, or do they have even more commercials for Kimmel than even the usual barrage of commercials we usually have to endure??  During the break, I took a bathroom break, then got on Facebook and posted, then sat down and watched what seemed like another 5 minutes of commercials!  It got so that I almost thought they were never going to return to the show!  Oy  [ghost_wink]

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
^ Yikes, well I was busy at 1, and I figured these things always run behind a little anyway, and I only just tuned into the London Premiere live stream about 10 minutes ago.  The stream *was* working fine, but sadly, they've pulled the plug already!  I saw a glimpse of Helena being interviewed, but that was before I got my earphones (didn't want to turn the volume up here in the lab).  Then a few minutes later I heard a brief snippet with Tim, and then they said they had to sign off.  I only saw a glimpse of Johnny signing autographs and don't know if they got to interview him on the live stream or not- surely there will be clips popping up later, though.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
More articles/video:

Depp, Burton on 'Dark Shadows' sex scene
(And as this is from Access Hollywood, it could quite possibly show up on the show.)

GALLERY: Guess Who Out-Weirded Johnny Depp and Co. at the Dark Shadows Premiere?
(I hope Michelle Pfeiffer and Cloris Leachman are friends.  [ghost_wink]  Then again, she does the same thing to Alice Cooper...)

'It's getting warm in here': Michelle Pfieffer reveals Dark Shadows co-star Johnny Depp has always been on her 'bucket list' to do

'Dark Shadows' Premieres at Grauman's Chinese Theater

Entertainment May 8 | Johnny Depp, Janelle Monae, Rihanna, Scarlett Johansson, Lady Gaga, Eva Longoria
(With this one you need to scan the slideshow because there are photos of the cast at the DS premiere scattered throughout.)

Johnny Depp's Dream Fulfilled at the "Dark Shadows" Premiere

DARK SHADOWS WEEKEND FIRST

Johnny Depp And Tim Burton--Partners Again On 'Dr. Phibes?'

1 day 8 hours 0 minutes 39 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline verusselle

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Don't know if it has been mentioned here yet, but Chloe Moretz is scheduled to be on Last Call with Carson Daly tonight.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It hadn't been mentioned yet, and thanks for posting it.  [ghost_smiley]

1 day 1 hour 50 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Two more new reviews spots tonight, with new quotes (and, of course, from reviews that aren't listed you know where). (Although, speaking of you know where, I see that DS is currently 49% with a 19/20 split.)

1 day 0 hours 8 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

David

Reelz Channel to air DS Special
« Reply #4349 on: May 10, 2012, 10:12:40 AM »
Look for a 30 minute special called Dark Shadows: Beyond the Grave on the Reelz Channel. It first airs Friday morning and will have repeat airings thru the weekend.