Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719597 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Just received this tweet on my phone:

gkfilms ‏ @gkfilms
Next stop, Collinwood Manor. Check out how the sets of #DarkShadows were built in this latest featurette. http://bit.ly/wK4fje
8:14 PM - 4 May 12

6 days 3 hours 42 minutes 36 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Best thing was getting to see the completed Collinwood, albeit in miniature form.

Thanks for the share!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
MB, I know you're probably not going to watch this, but I have one word I must share:

MACRAME!!!

cheers, Gothick

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thank heavens!!  [ghost_cheesy]  And maybe in honor of the film we should revive the Zen And The Art Of Macrame Web site.  [naughty]  After all, there's no such thing as too much sexuality or sexual pleasure in the world...

6 days 2 hours 47 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hi all,

Since I haven't commented in a looong time (my bad) I just wanted to say I am anxious to see the new "Dark Shadows" movie. I'm gonna try go to the theater on Mother's Day with my mom (she's also a Dark Shadows nut...lol).

I will definitely share my thoughts about the movie after I see it! My mom and I are not sure if we're going to love the movie or not, but we are being open minded about it. I don't expect it to be like the original series, but inspired from it. Maybe even a parallel time version of sorts. We'll see...love you all!  :-*

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I have said it before and I will again. I am a Revival child as that show brought me to DS, fandom, all the wonderful people I have meet.  And when it was cancelled I was DEVESTATED and I mean devastated!   However, I bought THE DS COMPANION and learned about the original.  I went into with an open mind and decided I wouldn't compare the two shows.  Used to seeing lavish sets, etc. on shows I could have blew it off but I totally fell in love with the show.  My collection I ever got was on video and it was 5 where Barnabas kills Jason. I know that ep by heart pretty much. 

So again, I at the midnight showing on Friday. I will go into the theater with an open mind and heart and I will enjoy this movie for the version of DS that it is. :)  That for me is the key.  We will always have TOS, The Revival, NODS, HODS, and now Dark Shadows 2012!  I cannot wait to see what they have come up with and I hope that it makes tons of money.  That it infuses fandom with many new fans. And that the legacy that is Dark Shadows remains long after I am gone.  And I wouldn't mind several sequels as well! ;)

I owe much to DS for some really amazing people in my life. That is why I will always support DS now and forever!  To me it's so much more than a show. It has changed my life for the better. It's like a living breathing (not a Leviathan ;) entity that has brought us all together.  And to me that is the most beautiful thing about my experience with Dark Shadows....
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
so HBC doesn't like DS...

who cares?

just because we like it doesn't mean everyone has to.

I agree. Lots of people don't like DS and she doesn't have to like the show. All I ask is she delivers a good performance! ;)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I owe much to DS for some really amazing people in my life. That is why I will always support DS now and forever!

I totally agree Taeylor! Dark Shadows Fanfiction, and my love of Dark Shadows in general, has brought about some of the greatest friendships in my life! I wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world. As I said before - love you all!

p.s. Sorry I haven't been active on the boards like I used to - stupid real life always gets in the way - LOL  [ghost_smiley]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
My mom and I are not sure if we're going to love the movie or not, but we are being open minded about it. I don't expect it to be like the original series, but inspired from it. Maybe even a parallel time version of sorts. We'll see...love you all!  :-*

This is exactly how I'm going in to this, too.  I've actually become more optimistic as I've gone along. I'm staying away from overexposure (too many clips, spots, etc.) at this point so I really don't know what some of you folks are talking about regarding spoilers and such, but I just don't think that I have a very rigid a view of the DS canon or dogma or whatever, so my main thing is just whether it's a good story and whether I find it enjoyable and entertaining to watch.  We'll see!

By the way, they are supposedly doing press junkets in LA today and tomorrow, so look for even more interview clips and photos of the cast making their way out to the entertainment media.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I didn't receive my copy of the new Entertainment Weekly until today, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the 3 internal alternate covers with Michelle Pfieffer, Eva Green and Helena Bonham Carter.  [ghost_smiley]  Haven't read the article yet, though...

5 days 12 hours 23 minutes 32 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
I listened to Kathryn Leigh Scott's interview last night (this morning) on Coast to Coast A.M.  It was very lengthy -- 2 hours long.  She really didn't say anything I hadn't heard before, but was very graceful and seemed genuine.  Did anyone else listen?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And I see that Entertainment Tonight is apparently running previews counting down to the weekend DS show because Eva Green was on again last night to say there were two days left.

And Green was on again last night - but it was preceded by a segment with Michelle Pfeiffer.

It's going to be interesting to see how much of this weekend's show is about DS and how much is devoted to Burton and Depp's other collaborations - not to mentions how much of the show will be stuff we've already seen on ET...

5 days 11 hours 19 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Tomorrow's New York Times has an article about Dark Shadows in the Arts & Leisure section.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Sorry I didn't know about this when I posted the EW cover article, but EW also has a piece on Alice Cooper and many of his film/TV cameos over the years.

Also "The 5 Michelle Pfeiffer Movies We Love" on p. 56.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I love The Age of Innocence and particularly Michelle Pfeiffer in it. I could go on and on about that film - but I won't because this isn't a The Age of Innocence topic.  [ghost_wink]

One thing that I just remembered that I keep forgetting to mention is that now there seems to be two 15 second TV spots - though neither of them contain any new footage as they appear to be cut down versions of already existing spots with some graphics added to help to make the premise of the film clear quickly.

5 days 9 hours 22 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!