Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717157 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oops - I missed this yesterday:

kr_shhh
Still get nervous every time I'm near our leading actor. Get a grip woman!!
28 Jun

Why do I suspect more than a few people around here might be able to relate to her predicament?  [ghost_wink]

And then there's this from today:

TMOR_London
Pinewood Studios currently hosting production of 'Dark Shadows'. Johnny Depp's trailer is almost twice the size of Tim Burton's!
2 minutes ago

316 days 10 hours 18 minutes 23 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I think the set is looking less and less like Seaview.
May you die before you want too.

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
I don't think the Collinwood set is going to be a replica of Seaview Terrace, but it appears to be at least "inspired" by Seaview.  I predict that after the cgi upper-floors and tower(s) are added, Collinwood will look like a gloomier, spookier, exaggerated version of Seaview.  Burton is probably trying to give a nod to the original house, without reproducing it.

I'm very optimistic about the movie. I'm sort of excited about the alterations in the story -- afterall, how many times have we seen the same story repeated?  And, nothing I have read indicates the changes will make it any less "Dark Shadows."  The only thing that concerns me is the many times I have read the word "funny" connected to the film.  Frankly, that makes my skin crawl.  Character-driven humor is fine.  But, there shouldn't be anything funny about DS.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm - wonder if this is for the masquerade party or some other type of scene:

andywalker25
Just been cast in the new Johnny Depp/Eva Green film- Dark Shadows. Going to be the best damn waiter around #filmingstartstomorrow
9 hours ago

316 days 0 hours 39 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
More random tweets:

Apparently another set visitor (someone named Jason Doyle - and again no clue who he is or why he was at Pinewood):

solsonic
Wow the dark shadows set @ pinewood is a monster.
6 hours ago

(Though there is a Jason Doyle who's an Australian Speedway Rider, so, if it is the same one, perhaps he's in some way connected to supposedly shooting at the Transport Research Laboratory?  [ghost_undecided])

Someone speculating, probably based on all the Alice Cooper talk:

moon_tan .
I'm starting to wonder if this new Dark Shadows movie is going to be in the rock n roll vein. @DarkShadowsNews @DarkShadows3
6 hours ago

And finally for now, someone whose profile says: "Growers of Wildflower Meadow Turf and Wildflower Roof Turf. We understand the importance of biodiversity, providing habitats for birds, butterflies and bees."

wildflowerturf James Hewetson-Brown
Wonder which blockbuster our wild turf is being used for this time? Little bird suggests Dark Shadows. Could he be right? Johnny Depp stars!
3 hours ago

315 days 12 hours 37 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
I see DVD "extras" in our future either on the DVD release of this movie AND/OR a new Dark Shadows DVD.  Maybe different material on each from the movie set.  I hope I hope . .

It's a good time to be a DS fan, that's for sure.

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Nancy, did you happen to be over there this week? If not, I think your email account has been hacked...
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Hi all. I'm reading "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter". I wanted to see for myself what kind of writer Seth Grahame-Smith is because he wrote the screen play for Dark Shadows. I'm only about 112 pages into it, of 336 pages so I'm not gonna say anything about the story but the writing style reminds me of one of books you'd order from the back of a "Weekly Reader". More like R. L. Stine than Stephen King.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I guess screenwriter/filmmaker Richard Mingus doesn't realize WB won't be holding any panels ay Comic Con this year:

RichMingus
Wow, Anna Torv AND Karen Gillan at Comic-Con. Just need @ChloeGMoretz and a Dark Shadows panel for the trifecta. Can't wait. #squeeee
1 hour ago

315 days 4 hours 32 minutes 2 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Tweeted by singer/actress Scarlette Douglas:

scardoug
Ouch my eyes!! Up at 4:45am and now in my private car off to Pinewood to film the new Tim Burton movie, Dark Shadows..! Exciting times!
1 hour ago

But who knows how she's involved with the film...

Also, missed these yesterday:

NickyEssex_
@jojo030574 I doubt it very much!! I have a lot of filming on a Movie called Dark Shadows in July.. Long ol days x
30 Jun

NickyEssex_
Pinewood Studios on set today peeps.. So not many tweets from me!! I'll prob check in at lunch of course ;p.. Hope your all well x
30 Jun

But he didn''t check in again yesterday so he must have very busy on the set. And it must have been a very long day for him because he'd also tweeted that he had to leave for Pinewood at 3am!

314 days 22 hours 29 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Wonder if this is DS related:

ChloeGMoretz
Biigg day today :)
5 hours ago

It might be if it ties in with this:

kr_shhh
Very exciting day on set today... And the pressure is on, been in since 6.45, am excited to see some cameos!!
2 hours ago

And presumably Scarlette Douglas somehow factors into that as well...

314 days 16 hours 2 minutes 15 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Two new Collinwood set photos:

The tease:

nevdsouza
Evening stroll through Bourne Woods, Farnham. Caught a glimpse of the sets from Tim Burton's forthcoming #DarkShadows. Photos to come.

And the photos:

nevdsouza
The sets look very Burton-esque, all gothic and ominous. #DarkShadows http://yfrog.com/gz6rbpdj
3 hours ago

Apparently they've been undressing the Collinwood set because all the overgrowth has been removed. Though are they undressing it to take the whole thing down - or are they undressing it in preparation to shoot something that takes place in 1772?

And this one shows where the gate is in relation to the house's facade:

nevdsouza
These gates look really murky too. 'Collinwood' is inscribed on one side. #DarkShadows http://yfrog.com/h2dk2vzj
3 hours ago

And don't know where this person got this release schedule, but thought I'd share it anyway:

its_lalae
#DarkShadows is supposed to come out: Netherlands 10 May 2012, Spain 11 May 2012, USA 11 May 2012, Germany 17 May 2012
9 hours ago

314 days 3 hours 24 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Look at that huge "C" in the second photo.  Looks like something the Collins family would do.   [ghost_tongue2]

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I'm hoping the house looks better on film with the CGI added to it.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
From Alice's Facebook page, posted yesterday afternoon/evening:

Alice Cooper
Hung out on the set of Dark Shadows today... Killer cast and crew, felt like family. You sickos are going to love this movie!