Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720143 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the featurette link MB. Very nice.

New SGS interview-he is nervous like some of us. http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/seth-grahame-smith-jgiro.php

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Here are the fist 3 screen captures from the 7th 30 second TV spot:

Click for larger image: Capture #34

Click for larger image: Capture #64

Click for larger image: Capture #120

14 days 4 hours 27 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Here are the next 4:

Click for larger image: Capture #152

Click for larger image: Capture #192

Click for larger image: Capture #232

Click for larger image: Capture #277

14 days 4 hours 25 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the next 3:

Click for larger image: Capture #333

Click for larger image: Capture #634

Click for larger image: Capture #742
(Considering he's a vampire, I love that Barnabas thinks talk of werewolves on Scooby Do is "silly" - it's classic Barnabas. It was always so bizarre that when some new threat came along on the original show, he would deny it and call it foolishness even though he of all people should have been the first to accept it.)

14 days 4 hours 18 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the last 4:

Click for larger image: Capture #838

Click for larger image: Capture #890

Click for larger image: Capture #1002
(The above sequence was referenced on ET during the opening teaser for DS - but unfortunately it didn't show up in the actual segment.)

Click for larger image: Capture #1766
(And even though it's very hard to see with the writing over it, the above sequence starts off looking like Barnabas is getting comfortable and ready to sleep in a bed - but then the camera turns angles and we see that he's actually hanging from the bed's canopy.)

14 days 4 hours 11 minutes 40 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Wow!  Thanks again for the new screen caps. 

Does anyone agree with me that the interior of the mansion, specifically the staircase, looks a bit artificial?  Like a painting or CGI?  For example, in the screen cap with Elizabeth coming down the stairs -- if you look behind her you can see the stairs, a vase, some large carvings, etc.  For some reason, all of that (other than Michelle Phiffer) looks fake, CGI-ish.  Anyone else feel the same way? 

If they really built the set on a sound-stage, I wonder why the staircase looks like CGI.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
New SGS interview-he is nervous like some of us.

Thanks for the link.  [ghost_smiley]  Though as I've said before, films like The Tourist and others that have gone on to become successes over the box office long haul should prove that the tendency of so many in the media to base the success or failure of a film on its first weekend in release is foolish. And what's even more foolish is that there are still people who say The Tourist was a bomb even though it wasn't - and that's because they don't even pay attention to anything but opening weekend numbers/rankings. So ridiculous. [sad3]

14 days 3 hours 47 minutes 32 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Considering it would seem to be the perfect place to promote DS, I've been surprised that there hadn't been a single TV spot run during The Vampire Diaries. However, that has all changed as tonight there was a promo announcement that during next Thursday's ep there will be "a special sneak peek" of DS. Though who knows what that means? I suppose it could mean anything from a scene to another 2 minute trailer. But we shall see...

14 days 3 hours 19 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Thank you so much MB and everyone for the links. Does anyone know where I can view the new TV SPOT???
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hopefully here sooner rather than later.

14 days 2 hours 13 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
I hope that featurette is an extra on the DVD release! It was great to watch it, and hearing the lines in context of the situation really helps give a true feel for the film.

May 11th can't come soon enough.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
LOVE the featurette...

this sold me more on the whole things than anything thus far. i've been wondering why barnabas was dinging the silverware in the previous spots.

love it!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, guess what? While checking out the entertainment shows I recorded earlier tonight I just discovered that Extra did a segment on DS, with yet more behind the scenes footage, interviews, and scenes we've not seen before. So that puts more screen captures and more video on my To Do list. Though I'm not about to complain.  [ghost_wink]

14 days 0 hours 32 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
i've been wondering why barnabas was dinging the silverware in the previous spots.

I've been wondering that too.

But you of all people here don't have any comments on what it would certainly seem happens to Vicki?  [ghost_huh]  Personally I LOVE what would seem to be the twist. In fact, I love it so much that, even though we know it's not going to be, I wouldn't mind if the entire rest of the film really did turn out to be like my nightmare that the film features dancing and singing skeletons and clowns in a gigantic production number set in the mausoleum!  [ghost_cheesy]

14 days 0 hours 24 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
actually i've been privately speculating that that very thing happens. it's better than what some of the alternatives are.

i'm sort of still processing it. it does open up lots of doors and is in direct contrast to dan curtis' vision for the character. i don't really know what to think. again i'm surprised at how much spoilerish material is out there.

we'll see.

at this point i don't care that film is so heavily comedic. it looks like a blast.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.