Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717080 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Thanks for this, MB.  I know it's a lot of work and it's so much appreciated.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Yes, I second Nancy.  We all appreciate these beautiful images and videos.  Thank you so much for continuing to provide us with them! 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The captures are truly breathtaking. I can't get over how sharp the images are. Thanks so much MB.

Re: David/Barnabas I do hope that David is unaware of Barnabas' secret.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I can't get over how sharp the images are.

The wonders of HDTV.  [ghost_wink]

I have the captures from the 7th 30 second TV spot picked out, but they're not formatted/uploaded yet. But I will definitely post them in a few hours or so.

As for video, that may have to wait longer because I want to see if I can figure out why the last one I posted didn't work in Quicktime. But if I can't figure it out, or if my video creating software is still having the nervous breakdown that's preventing it from creating MP4 files directly (even though it had no trouble doing it with all the other videos I've posted recently  [ghost_huh]), I'll just do exactly what I did with the most recent one when it comes to posting videos of the latest spots...

14 days 8 hours 41 minutes 55 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Looking forward in seeing the video. Thanks again MB for all your hard work.

Yikes I hope this DS movie review is not going to be representative of the majority. The writer gave the movie 2 stars out of six and was extremely critical of the 1972 period. I consider there to be two small spoilers but nothing shocking IMO. http://cphpost.dk/inout/movie-reviews/it-looks-tim-burton-got-lost-his-own-shadow

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I only glanced over it because I didn't want to read the possible spoilers. But what I did see completely contradicted the AICN review. But then, reviews often do that - sometimes to the point that you wonder if the reviewers even saw the same film.  [ghost_wink]  That's one of the reasons I used to love to watch shows like Siskel & Ebert and the updated version of At The Movies. It was often mind boggling when the critics disagreed with each other vehemently.  [ghost_grin]

14 days 7 hours 21 minutes 43 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I remember watching that show. Siskel and Ebert provided so much entertainment in their reviews. They didn't agree too often as I recall and if they did it may have been for other reasons. It's no wonder critics agree on anything. The critic in said article said what we thought happens in the first 20 minutes happens in the first 5 minutes which doesn't seem possible. I guess we are going to have to be careful when the reviews start coming in waves.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I plan to completely avoid reviews until after I've seen the film for myself on the 11th. Though as I've said before, I always avoid the reviews when there's a film I want to see. I much prefer to make up my own mind and then read the reviews to see if I agree, disagree, or sometimes even think a reviewer was completely delusional to write what they did - and that goes for films I've liked but the reviewer tore to shreds as well as vice versa.

Truthfully, though, I often wonder if the only point to film reviews is so the critics themselves can see their own opinions in print because quite often reviews have no effect whatsoever on box office. I mean, Adam Sandler's films are routinely panned by nearly all critics, yet Sandler has a thriving film career that's review-proof with no end in sight. And then there are the Twilight films, where some critics seem like they're in competition to write the most scathing reviews imaginable, yet to say each one of the films has been a huge success would be an understatement. And let's not forget many of the reviews for Depp's The Tourist - yet ultimately the producers of that film laughed all the way to the bank...

14 days 6 hours 57 minutes 32 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
From what Grahame-Smith said to Prof. Stokes, it sounds as if the movie has undergone some re-edits since the test screenings.  So, the 1772 prologue may have been considerably sliced down.

I really did not see any spoilers to speak of, beyond one minor detail about the Barnabas/Angelique backstory in this version (which could be mis-reported here since the reviewer admitted that it all went by so quickly, he hardly knew what was going on).  You've seen all the trailers so you know all the content revealed in this review.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Just got this tweet on my phone:

gkfilms ‏ @gkfilms
New Exclusive featurette for Tim Burton's #DarkShadows was just posted on @itunestrailers. Check it out! http://bit.ly/wK4fje
6:06 PM - 26 Apr 12

Have not checked it out, though, because I'm in the middle of doing something for work that needs to be finished before 7...

14 days 5 hours 50 minutes 53 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The featurette:  WOW!!  [ghost_blink]  So many lines being delivered in context!  What a concept!   [ghost_rolleyes]  The new featurette looks like it's much more representative of the actual film than the trailers have been.  (Although, of course, we won't know for sure for a couple of weeks...)

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
And finally we get to see Christopher Lee!   [ghost_happy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
WOW, INDEED! And I do believe we may see something that could just turn the whole Barnabas/Victoria dynamic on its head!!  [ghost_shocked]  And if so, I LOVE it!!  [ghost_cool]  In fact, it's something I once said I wish had happened in hoDS...

And it's very nice to see the dedication to Frid...

14 days 5 hours 21 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Yay!  Both Jonathan AND Grayson have a clip!  Now THAT's class!

Great to see Christopher Lee, too.

G.

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
See, and I absolutely adore the so-called "dire" Death Becomes Her, which, now that the reviewer mentions it, reminds me that I've been reminded of DBH all along when watching anything about the new film.
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"