Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716657 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
interesting that burton says its not a comedy but et says its a gothic comedy.

Which is interesting because not much of what they showed was humorous. Then again, ET also says that Barnabas is released during disco's heyday. However, as many of us who lived through the era know, 1972 was hardly disco's heyday. Disco was in its infancy then and didn't reach its heyday until the mid-to-late '70s. But then, the person who wrote the copy and the person who read it most probably weren't even born in '72, so what do they actually know?  [ghost_rolleyes]

I also don't understand why Angelique says Barnabas was only chained for 196 years. The Warner Brothers Press Release lead us to believe he was chained away in 1772 - but 196 years would make it 1776.  [ghost_huh]

14 days 22 hours 8 minutes 4 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I really have come to believe that a lot of people who produce this information for mass consumption know very little about anything. 

I was stunned when they said "Disco's Heyday."  I am fairly sure that 80% of the population over 40 is aware that 1972 was not Disco's Heyday... And 60% of the educated population is also aware of this fact.

And, as pointed our earlier, I was even more stunned that 1772 is considered Victorian...  The woman for whom the period is named was not even born yet. 

Please... make it stop.  At least the people who created this movie are intelligent, witty human beings.  As much as I may disagree with some of the stuff I am seeing, I thank goodness creative control was not left up to the people mindlessly spreading misinformation about history...  The argument could be made that the people making these ads fit into the latter of the aforementioned categories... which gives me hope.  [ghost_wink]   

Thanks again for the screen caps, MB!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
As a historian, the historical reference innaccuracies have also annoyed me.  The Victorian Era did not start until almost 3/4's of a century later, and the "heydey" of disco wasn't until about five years later.  Quite often, in pictures that try to "capture" the reality of a certain time period, they get things wrong.  That's because, I believe, movie studies (like most other corporations) don't find utilizing historians as necessary.  Even the movie Titanic, where Cameron wanted everything to be "factual" about the voyage (he had the light sconces in the set mock-ups of the ship's First Class corridors replaced because they had the wrong number of screws holding them to the walls), there were several faux pax's, including showing passengers promenading and sitting about outside decks with no coats.  The mid-Atlantic, in April, would not have been condusive to comfortably enjoying fresh air in nothing more than short sleeves.  The scene of the star-crossed lovers at the very bow, enjoying the sunset, wearing just shirt, pants and a flimsy dress while in the blast of 22-knot April winds would have been more accurate if it would of shown them with their teeth chattering and bodies shivering rather than sharing a romantic kiss and embrace.

Gerard

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i seem to recall reading an interview with miss moretz where she called barnabas "elizabethan". [ghost_wacko]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I don't think David calling Barnabas Uncle is cute at all. I understand there is a special bond between the two characters but Barnabas revealing to ten year old David that he is a vampire is just way out there IMO. That also goes if David accidently discovers his vampirism.

There seems a new trailer (3) will be released soon with The Raven. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89486

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Though just because David appears to rescue Barnabas after Angelique chains him doesn't necessarily mean David knows Barnabas is a vampire - or that he will even remember afterward that he rescued Barnabas. How often on the original show did Barnabas somehow summon someone to save him? And how often did he wipe away people's memories when they'd seen or done things he didn't want them to remember?  [ghost_smiley]

14 days 11 hours 47 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Here are the fist 5 screen captures from the new and/or behind the scenes stuff shown on ET:

Click for larger image: Capture #1678

Click for larger image: Capture #1728

Click for larger image: Capture #1734

Click for larger image: Capture #1848

Click for larger image: Capture #1946

14 days 11 hours 12 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Here are the next 5:

Click for larger image: Capture #2084

Click for larger image: Capture #2253

Click for larger image: Capture #2402

Click for larger image: Capture #2520

Click for larger image: Capture #2660

14 days 11 hours 8 minutes 7 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the next 5:

Click for larger image: Capture #2716

Click for larger image: Capture #2838

Click for larger image: Capture #3096

Click for larger image: Capture #3324

Click for larger image: Capture #3772

14 days 11 hours 5 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the next 5:

Click for larger image: Capture #3946

Click for larger image: Capture #4006
(Notice Barnabas' apparent double to the right.)

Click for larger image: Capture #4016

Click for larger image: Capture #4077

Click for larger image: Capture #4100

14 days 11 hours 2 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the next 5:

Click for larger image: Capture #4228

Click for larger image: Capture #4388

Click for larger image: Capture #4520

Click for larger image: Capture #4576

Click for larger image: Capture #4724

14 days 10 hours 58 minutes 36 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the next 5:

Click for larger image: Capture #4844

Click for larger image: Capture #4856
(Is it me, or does it look like Barnabas may have been imprisoned in his coffin in a mausoleum? Remember - we did see a photo of the stonework done for Joshua's plaque...)

Click for larger image: Capture #5062

Click for larger image: Capture #5156

Click for larger image: Capture #5230

14 days 10 hours 55 minutes 36 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the next 5:

Click for larger image: Capture #5548

Click for larger image: Capture #5582

Click for larger image: Capture #5682

Click for larger image: Capture #5917

Click for larger image: Capture #6052
(It's odd the Helena never got an onscreen graphic of her name during her interview.)

14 days 10 hours 52 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the last 5:

Click for larger image: Capture #6180

Click for larger image: Capture #6242

Click for larger image: Capture #6325

Click for larger image: Capture #6344

Click for larger image: Capture #6361

14 days 10 hours 47 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!