Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719905 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I expect that we may see something like this:

JOHNNY DEPP

Eva Green  Helena Bonham Carter  Bella Heathcote

DARK SHADOWS

Jackie Earle Haley Jonny Lee Miller Chloe Moretz Gulliver McGrath Thomas McDonell

And
Michelle Pfeiffer
as
Elizabeth Collins Stoddard

If they don't go with the "and Bella Heathcote as Victoria Winters," I can definitely also see something like that second version - though Heathcote may not be above the title - she might be right after the title, just before Jackie Earle Haley.

320 days 7 hours 54 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I agree.  And I had a tough time filling that slot, but, wouldn't it be awesome if all of Barnabas's ladies were together?   [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It certainly would.  [ghost_wink]

As for the latest on Twitter, this person is obviously really excited by a certain member of the cast:

SaintTweeter
Looking at cast list for DARK SHADOWS. Getting an errection. JACKIE EARL HALLEY AS WILLIE LOOMIS? OH GOD, this movie is gonna be...TEEHEEHEE
44 minutes ago

and

SalvatoreJRisi
If the new 'Dark Shadows' movie is rated anything less than 'R' my heart will break.
1 hour ago

I don't honestly know what I hope for ratingwise. PG-13 would allow more people to easily see it - but I suppose it depends on how much blood they allow in PG-13 because a vampire movie should be bloody. Though I could live with something similar to the way the '91 Series handled the blood...

320 days 7 hours 33 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Browsing around in Google I have found this interesting picture of a wooden statue that was in the Bourne Woods but removed for some reason in 2007.  It reminded me of the large idol in the woods during the Leviathan period in DS.  Perhaps left over from an earlier film?
Hopefully it will show up.
Well, it's greater than 100K(?) so cannot post it.  [ghost_wub]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Copy the URL into a post, Miss_Winthrop.  [ghost_smiley]

320 days 6 hours 58 minutes 54 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline michaelhacketttodd

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
I would be interested in seeing a picture of this, if you are ever able to upload the image.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Interesting. Gabriel Freilich, whose name used to appear on the IMDb cast list as playing Hippie #3, tweeted this earlier:

GabrielFreilich
First day on the 'Dark Shadows' set Monday, v. excited! Will Tim realise it was all a frightful mistake and boot me off? Time will tell
4 hours ago

So, apparently he is still doing the film. So, who knows why his name was removed from IMDb? But then, ours is not to fathom the insanity that is IMDb...

320 days 3 hours 19 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Chloe's brother tweeted this about an hour ago which was expected:
trevor duke moretz
Hiii everyone! Sorry I've been away. Been workiing all week, heading to London tonight for more #timeburton

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
given the perimeters of a two hourish movie i'm not surprised to hear that certain changes have been made in the name of expediency.

having angelique already well established in collinsport...rather than being conjured up...is a nontraditional choice but certainly more time-effecient.

and it sounds like victoria, julia and willie are already ensconced at collinwood rather than doing lengthy introductions into their presence there. from the looks of it it doesn't seem like we'll be getting the traditional bit with vicki arriving by train(along with her opening voiceover). the thought of liz renting out a room to dr.hoffman(is liz broke?)is sort of a hoot. maybe it would be fun if julia was being put up in the caretakers cottage or carriage house. we haven't heard about mrs. johnson yet but it seems like this willie loomis will be something of the composite character of the original series' loomis, matthew morgan and harry johnson we got in the 1991 program.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I was thinking that just because Victoria probably won't be the first person we see in the film, it doesn't necessarily mean we would go without some sort of monologue from Victoria.  Assuming she is just recently hired, she could be keeping a diary.  One scene could have her do the voiceover as she is writing the words down in the journal.  Of course, we don't know whether Vicki is just starting or not.  She could have been there for some time, a la Maggie in HoDS. 

I was thinking it would be funny if Vicki was in fact a waitress and Liz hired her to teach David out of the blue, like in the original with Maggie.  It would add to that dysfunctional element of the Collins family.   [ghost_cheesy]

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Drugs in a movie equal an "R" rating. It doesn't matter if it pro-drug or anti-drug so this flim will be rated "R".
May you die before you want too.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Actually, that is not the case anymore.  From the MPAA website:  "Any drug use will initially require at least a PG-13 rating."  "Drug abuse" gets an R rating.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Here is a very interesting blog from Cleveland.com about how all the vampire stories of today owe everything to DS  [ghost_smiley]

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2011/06/from_twilight_to_true_blood_todays_vampire_franchises_owe_everything_to_dark_shadows.html

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Very nice article, madscntst - thanks for sharing the link.  [ghost_smiley]  And I see that it's gotten quite a bit of positive attention on Twitter - mostly from DS fans, but also from at least one Twilight fan.

Mark Dawidziak is a DS fan that some fans may be aware of from his appearances at Fests. I don't always agree with his opinions (certainly not when it comes to the '04 pilot), but I do in this instance.  [ghost_wink]

(And even though it has nothing to do with the Depp/DS film, and even though it's incomplete (as per usual with these sorts of lists), check out: 10 decades of movie and TV vampires: Bloodsuckers through the years, also posted by Mark today...)

319 days 12 hours 24 minutes 49 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
They're back in London, as per Chloe's brother:

TrevorDMoretz
Back in London, 'ello mates
2 hours ago

And another person has visited the set:

drewmunn
Visited the set for Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows" today.
2 hours ago

Don't know why this guy was so lucky, though, because according to his profile he doesn't work in the industry - he's a Web designer and computer programmer. Perhaps he'll be designing the official site for the film - but one would think WB has their own inhouse staff for that...

319 days 7 hours 38 minutes 41 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!