Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720478 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Genneral discussions thread.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Fangoria just came in.  And I was devastated by what I saw inside.

If you want to avoid a huge spoiler, you MUST not look at the picture on the bottom right of p. 44.  Avoid it at all costs.  It wasn't until I really looked at it that I discovered something I wish I never had.  Avoid.  Avoid.  Avoid.  And don't read the caption.  I want to spare you the absolute disbelief I experienced after seeing it.  So do not look at it.  Cover it up if you want to read the Burton interview, but don't look at it.  I cannot stress this enough.  P. 44, bottom right.  You MUST avoid it. 

I have only read the Zanuck and Burton interviews.  There is a very long one with HBC that I haven't gotten too far into. 

Both Burton and HBC deny that the film is a comedy.  Burton said he was really surprised when he saw Warners called it one. 

Burton gives a vague answer when asked about Cobert's theme.  This makes me doubt it's in there, despite what SGS said. 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
CB thanks for the heads up. That was unfortunate.  Out of curiosity are you happy with the spoiler.?  You made reference tjat you were surprised but not all spoilers are bad. The issue is the May issue right? Thanks.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Yes, this is the May issue - 313.  I am NOT happy with the spoiler.  But I am taking to heart something SGS said earlier and keeping it in mind when I think of this photo.  It is very much in the style of Dark Shadows, but it is not something I wanted to see happen.  (I am hoping it's a dream sequence or that the photo doesn't tell the whole story...)  But I really can't imagine them publishing a photo with this particular set-up.  I can't say too much, but I can say if you don't look at it closely, it won't bother you as much.  I looked at, thought it was a really cool photo, then did a double-take...  I was sort of dumbfounded for a few minutes. 

I just read the HBC interview.  I was more pleased by what she had to say that what Burton said.  She re-words some of her earlier statements and is really very reverential.  I don't know how much of this is PR, but I want to take what she says to heart.  It was all very nice.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Cousin_Barnabas for the additional information. I am sorry you are not happy with it because I think you and I are mostly on the same page. I am surprised that it wasn't vetted for major spoilers. Perhaps they underestimated our eagle eyes here. Perhaps the scene is not what it depicts. Let's hope so. At this point so close to the premiere TPTB will probably only have positive things to say about the movie and o/s. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just got home from doing some errands and I was just going to post that I picked up both the new Fangoria and the new issue of Empire. However, I hadn't looked at either of them yet, so I'm very grateful for your warning, Cousin_Barnabas. And one does have to ask oneself why Fangoria would spoil something like that. They have to realize that there are still three weeks until the film opens, so it's not like people picking up the magazine have already seen the film and will already know. [ghost_rolleyes]

20 days 1 hours 27 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Of course!  My only hope is that the photo does not make its way to the Internet, especially through an official release.  The resolution is pretty low in the magazine, so - if you don't pay too much attention - you don't realize what's going on... To make matters worse, they caption the picture.  Though, I knew what it was before I read it.  I just wanted to be sure that I was correct, so I used a magnifying lens and started comparing the image to others and the footage we have seen, and as far as I can tell, I am correct.  So, steer clear!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
New trailer. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By8vfceBEjk&feature=player_embedded#!

I am sorry, but this is flat-out hilarious.  If the humor is more like this, I can take it. 

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting this! You're 100% right. This is damn funny and very dark.  [ghost_smiley]
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
New trailer

And with lots of new stuff, too. So, you know what that means.  [ghost_wink]  But it will have to wait until later today because I haven't even gone to bed yet...

Thanks so much for the link, Cousin_Barnabas.  [ghost_smiley]

19 days 18 hours 52 minutes 26 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Oh, that was hysterical!  Thanks so much, cousin!  I pretty much figured I'd love Depp's performance regardless, but I know I'll be getting a kick out of Ms. Green, as well!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
ahh so we finally do see the "hippie camp" leaked in the earliest of spoilers. poor them.

love the new terrace shot with vicki and barnabas.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
The DS soundtrack has finally shown up on Amazon.com, but only as an Import, and $$$$$  [ghost_angry]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QEO176/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I hope that there is also a (~$10-$12) domestic release, and they're just really, really slow about getting it in the system.  The original reported release date of May 8 is only a little over 2 weeks away (this import says a release date of May 15, however).

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
and between the trailers and the film score titles and various other publicity releases and now the 'fangoria' article WAY too much spoilerish material has been leaked. especially for the film that's supposed to have an element of "mystery".

walking in i already know, or largely suspect, much of the film's content.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Though at least with this film a lot of things are still only suspicion - and there's still a possibility - even if it's only slight - that what we think will happen my not. But as I've said, when it came to hoDS, with the exception of the very end, long before the film opened we knew for certain everything that was going to happen because we were either specifically told that it was and/or we were given photos that depicted it.[spoiler]Releasing photos of Carolyn's staking was ridiculous! Actually, even releasing any photos of Carolyn as a vampire was ridiculous! Yet both were revealed right in the various posters, never mind in stills![/spoiler]So when it came to seeing the film, it wasn't nearly as suspenseful as it should have been when there was so little question as to what was going to happen. At least with this film there are still parts that we can't be 100% sure of until we see them...

19 days 12 hours 21 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!