Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716912 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Caught a glimpse of a poster promoting the Dark Shadows on the side of a city bus in manhattan! Haven't seen it on any garbage cans yet which apparently is a sign that you've really made it.  [easter_grin] [easter_grin]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
At least the photos in the DS puff piece are decent.

The photos are what sold the article.  [easter_wink]

28 days 5 hours 0 minutes 32 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Some of the Deviant Art Barnabas Art Project submissions so far: http://browse.deviantart.com/contests/2012/darkshadows/?order=5

And another from which the above link originated: http://www.rachaelrossman.com/2012/04/12/dark-shadows/

Thanks CB for the EW article.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Spoke too soon. There was an enormous movie poster by the Marriott Marquis.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Wow.  "the Barnabas Collins character is the property of Warner Brothers."

So much for the days of "this has been a Dan Curtis Production."

G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Wow is right.  And, as far as I know, that is simply not true. 

They may own the makeup and this particular likeness, this version of the character, but they do not own the character of Barnabas Collins.  If that were true, the comics and other things would have to be licensed through them - which is not going to happen. 

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
entertainment tonight has not had much coverage on the ds movie. they had a report on the vanity fair issue but nothing since. extra showed the trailer the same day it was on ellen but et has yet to show it. i guess its somewhat understandable since extra is owned by warner bros.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
And what is really odd about the EW article  (Thanks for sharing, Sara Monster!) is that it mentions Bella in the list of stars, but leaves out Eva!  This is getting strange. 

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
This month's GAMEINFORMER, had a mention of the upcoming DS film.  This magazine, catering to the video gamers of the world, has most of its readership between 16-30ish.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It could turn out to be wrong, but my impression during shooting and especially since is that with all the secrecy surrounding shooting, the US entertainment shows like Access Hollywood, ET and even Extra possibly weren't allowed on set to do interviews and to videotape behind the scenes footage. The only stuff they may be getting is what Warner Brothers supplies them - and it may turn out to be the case that Warner Brothers won't be supplying anything else until May 11th gets closer.

I suppose we'll see...

27 days 14 hours 33 minutes 21 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thank you cousin Sara Monster for the EW article. Sorry about my previous miscredit post.

Another optimistic writer. http://www.opposingviews.com/i/entertainment/video-movie-trailer-%E2%80%98dark-shadows%E2%80%99-starring-johnny-depp

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
And what is really odd about the EW article  (Thanks for sharing, Sara Monster!) is that it mentions Bella in the list of stars, but leaves out Eva!  This is getting strange.

i don't think it's that strange really...

there are nine principle characters in this thing. usually only three or four get listed in each piece. true it's generally depp, green and pfieffer but this doesn't strike me as too odd.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Is WB going to expand winning screenings of the movie to other states like in Austin? http://www.redcarpetcrash.com/2012/04/13/austin-win-passes-to-the-rcc-screening-of-dark-shadows/

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Sorry for the tri-post but there is a new review of the movie at aintitcool website that appears to be spoiler free. I'm unable to use my mobile to provide the link for some reason.