Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716254 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
for Nancy...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Nancy's

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Nancy's

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Great photo, Nancy - thanks for sharing.  [easter_cheesy]

And thanks for posting the two links, Cousin_Barnabas. Seems like there are all sorts of promotions and tie ins for the film between taking photos in the chair and now creating a Barnabas portrait, and the nail polish and makeup. Who knows what might be next?  [easter_wink]

And it's great to read that Michelle Pfeiffer might be doing her strongest work in years. Though if what we suspect about the relationship between Barnabas and Liz turns out to be true, I can easily see how it could be possible, chiefly because Liz should be front and center in a lot of the plot.

30 days 13 hours 21 minutes 7 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oops - I didn't see the photos of the posters before posting the above. Thanks so much for sharing those as well, Nancy.  [easter_smiley]

30 days 13 hours 18 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
I sure hope it's true too.  How do you see "almost all" of a movie, lol?

Well, maybe he saw one of the screenings, and considered it "almost all" knowing there would probably be some minor changes/edits/score additions, etc.  Or as said it could've been watching stuff in the editing room.  That was a great blog post- promising words, indeed.

Great pics, Nancy, thanks!   [easter_cool]

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Thanks, Midnite.  I wanted to share photos I took of the DS film publicity at the local movie theater where I saw "Wrath of the Titans" over the weekend.  I saw the DS trailer there too. 

Nancy

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It seems as if Chloe Moretz has a cover interview in the May issue of Seventeen:

Chloe Moretz Cover 'Seventeen' May 2012 Issue

And considering the timing, somehow I think the DS film will come up in it.  [easter_wink]

30 days 6 hours 38 minutes 40 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Just got this tweet of my phone:

gkfilms ‏ @gkfilms
RT @ThePlaylist: New Looks At Johnny Depp, Eva Green, Helena Bonham Carter & More In #DarkShadows http://dlvr.it/1QkDyB
12:33 PM - 11 Apr 12

I think we've already seen some of them - but not at the size The Playlist has them. Though it's always great when Victoria is actually included. And I LOVE the expression on Roger's face!  [easter_grin]

29 days 11 hours 22 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!
(Less than 30 days!  [hello])

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Actually, it's funny you should bring up the woman in that screen cap because this morning I've been wondering if the actress is possibly the infamous Hannah "Hippe chick" Murray of Twitter/Internet frenzy fame? It sort of looks like her - but it's really hard to be sure.

Aha, I knew this gal had been mentioned here!  I had a when-worlds-collide moment just now!  I'd been reading a discussion about Game Of Thrones, and someone mentioned that 2 actors who had been on the British TV show Skins were in last week's episode.  Being unfamiliar with Skins, I went to check out who they were talking about.  Well, one of them was none other than our friend Hannah Murray, and she played Gilly on Game Of Thrones!  And of course, DS is still on her filmography list as "hippie chick".  Very cool!  (For those of you who watch GoT, Gilly is one of the many daughter-wives of that guy in the North, who was pregnant and asked for Samwell and Jon's help.  I should've paid more attention to her but will next week- I assume she'll be on again).

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Vanity Fair strikes again! The May issue has a brief but interesting interview with Bella Heathcote. Nice picture of her as well.  [easter_cheesy]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Vicki really has a Maggie Evans look in that shot of her standing at the bottom of the grand staircase (from the "Playlist" website mentioned a few posts above).  I hadn't really noticed this before, but I am definitely noticing it now.  So are we sure that her previous employment prior to her arrival at the Great House wasn't that of a waitress at the Collinsport Inn?

I also hadn't noticed that they seem to have copied the great clock, or at least one of the caryatid ornaments from the clock, for the set decor.

G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Yes, I think they did a nice job of combining Maggie and Vicki.  Because, imo, that is really what needed to be done.  Vicki was the catalyst for the show, but Maggie was the one who resembled Josette (and actually became wildly popular for that).  But since her name is Vicki, I'd rather she be an orphan.  We will see...

Oh, and I am not promising anything, but I have sent some feelers out in Hollywood.  I know someone who knows people who have worked on the film (Yeah... that sounds legitimate, right?) and she is going to see if she can get any info from them.  Hopefully it pans out.  If it does, that will be great.  If not... at least I tried. 

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Just got this tweet of my phone:

http://dlvr.it/1QkDyB

Okay, is that David Selby in his cameo role as the man holding a champagne glass behind Michelle/Elizabeth?

Gerard

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Sure looks like him!

And thanks for the link, MB!