Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716884 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
True 80% is excellent.  Hope it is accurate.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
3 screen captures from what was new in the first 30 second TV Spot:

Click for larger image: Capture #46

Click for larger image: Capture #71

Click for larger image: Capture #249

33 days 5 hours 34 minutes 21 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
4 more screen captures:

Click for larger image: Capture #388

Click for larger image: Capture #492

Click for larger image: Capture #549

Click for larger image: Capture #586

33 days 5 hours 31 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the final 3 screen captures:

Click for larger image: Capture #802

Click for larger image: Capture #866

Click for larger image: Capture #906

And here's the link for the video:

2012 NCAA Basketball Tournament_2012_03_31_17_59_00.mp4 (14.7MB)

33 days 5 hours 24 minutes 40 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Just went to my local movie theater to see TITANIC in 3d and I saw that they have another type of display for DS that I don't think has been posted about yet. Pretty much it's just a tall-about 7ft or so- cardboard square where each side displays one of the character posters we've seen. They're from the set that has Josette on Widows Hill and Angelique in front of her car, etc. So of course I had to inquire about getting them once the movie premieres.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
But of course, Brandon.  [easter_wink]  I would have done the same.  [easter_cheesy]

And thanks for telling us.  [easter_smiley]  It may have taken them what seemed to us like forever to begin to promote the film, but Warner Brothers is certainly going all out now that they are promoting it.

33 days 4 hours 52 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
How the hell does that chart on NextMovie work?! Just before I posted the latest batch of screen caps and the associated video I checked it just to see what was going on and it said the film had climbed to #24 from #33 (even though when we last looked it was #25), but fallen to 42% positive with a Buzz Count of 5. Previously when it was at #25 and 80%, the Buzz Count was 4. But when I just checked a few seconds ago, it was still holding at #24 (though it said it had climbed from #29) and it was up to 75% positive, but the Buzz Count was down to 2. I can't figure it out at all.  [hdscrt]  Apparently like seemingly every ranking associated with MTV's Web site, it's very strange...

33 days 4 hours 40 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Can someone please give me the titles of any of the songs you recognize that are playing during the movie trailers?  I want to get them from Itunes, but don't know any of the titles.  Thank you.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
There's:

My First, My Last, My Everything - Barry White

Bang a Gong (Get It On) - T. Rex

Top of the World - The Carpenters

Superfly - Curtis Mayfield

and there seems to be music from another one but I haven't been able to place it yet.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Probably the best article yet:

See the response from "emma" marked: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:05 am entitled "The Times"

http://www.johnnydepp-zone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53069&p=1569047

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks, Mysterious.  I appreciate your providing the titles.   [easter_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
How the hell does that chart on NextMovie work?! ... I can't figure it out at all.  [hdscrt]  Apparently like seemingly every ranking associated with MTV's Web site, it's very strange...

I checked a few more times and it was always still #24 with a Buzz Count of 2, but the positive sentiment was 50%, then it was 66%, and now it's 100%:

It's all just too bizarre for me.  [easter_rolleyes]  I have no idea how earlier negative sentiment could have been at 58% but now a few hours later positive sentiment is 100%. What the hell happened to the negative sentiment? Though of course, an hour from now it could be 100% negative, then back to 50/50, then down to 25% positive, then back up to 80% positive, then...

The best thing to do might be just to ignore the whole thing...

33 days 2 hours 25 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Probably the best article yet

A very nice article. Thanks for the link.  [easter_smiley]  In particular because I haven't been checking JOHNNYDEPPZONE at all lately.  [easter_embarassed]

33 days 2 hours 19 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Well a minute ago it was in 20th place with a 29% negative sentiment. I have no idea what the site uses to track a movie's buzz. I can't find anything at the site on how it measures the buzz. Perhaps we should forget about this site.
Thanks for the link CB.

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
I was a little saddened by KLS' account of the trip to Pinewood to film the cameos. If Mr. Frid is exhausted after three takes (putting aside the obvious joke that three takes was probably an unheard of luxury to the original cast), is that something she needs to gossip about to all her readers? "Those who would gossip with you will gossip about you." And Ms. Parker's entry about the shoot was a bit less diplomatic than Ms. Scott's. Sad face.
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS