Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720887 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Everyone should be glad to know that WaterTower has fixed the spellings.  "Vicky" is now "Vicki" and Barnabas is also spelled correctly. 

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
This photo has been circulating on Facebook groups re the tendency to spell Barnabas as Barnabus -

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Yes, same here.  They are mostly kids of friends (who are not DS fans).

It's odd because I have been in contact with a wide range of youth and young adults (16-24) and they all seem to love the trailer.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
perception and receptivity are tricky things...

for instance it seems like people who long ago decided to dislike this, and have not for a day stopped complaining about it, have somehow managed to find themselves in the company of people who similarly dislike it. all the comments they hear about it are conveniently negative. nobody likes it.

yet those who have been more open to it's various possibilities are hearing more varied opinions. i've spoken to many people who think it looks stupid. but a similar number who are excited for it. one person i spoke to yesterday at work saw the trailer and said it looked like "the best thing burton has ever done".

one hears and sees what one wants. [easter_lipsrsealed]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
BarnaBUS!  That is great, Nancy!

And I am glad that the trailer is working for a nice number of people in their target.  Of course, people generally don't say they dislike something in the public sphere, especially when said thing is far from their minds (So DS fans are not included here).  But, still....  People definitely like it and are talking about it.  And I think that's a good sign.  I always keep my ears wide open.   [easter_wink]

Oh, and this was posted on Collinwood.net:

http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com/2012/04/new-move-makeup-range-announced.html

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I was waiting to have Midnite post about the makeup (since she posted about the nail polish), but since you've jumped the gun (though, of course, you had no way of knowing what I was up to [easter_cheesy]):

NYX Dark Shadows Palette

And actually there have been all sorts of articles about it posted on the Internet, but I thought that was the best one. And definitely check this out for a great image of Collinwood:

Dark Shadows and NYX Cosmetics Sweepstakes

35 days 8 hours 47 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
This photo has been circulating on Facebook groups re the tendency to spell Barnabas as Barnabus -

[easter_smiley] I saw this one on tumblr:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Both of those are hysterical!  [easter_grin]  Thanks so much, Nancy and Sara Monster.  [easter_smiley]

35 days 8 hours 36 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Uh oh!  I am sorry to have spoiled the plan.  Perhaps it would be an appropriate time for her to send Bunnicula after me!   [easter_wink]

But I really love that image of Collinwood!  Fantastic!  Very reminiscent of the foggy view of Seaview! 

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
True.  For my part, I have no emotional investment in whether or not anyone near or around me is interested in this movie, or likes or dislikes it.  I've had plenty of discussions about trailers and movies with friends pro and con about particular movies.  I also notice that at the movies, not everyone even pays attention to the endless trailers, etc. as they are more interested in making sure they have their refreshments, checking their phone or chatting. 

Nancy

one hears and sees what one wants. [easter_lipsrsealed]

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
And some people read whatever they want into what others say. Life goes on.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Both of those are hysterical! Thanks so much, Nancy and Sara Monster.

OMG! Those are wicked!! LOL!!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A Web site in Scotland that can hardly wait for the DS film:

Trailer of the Week: Dark Shadows

Some of us here know the feeling.  [easter_wink]

And on a different front, Michelle Pfeiffer is being given the 2012 Cinema Icon Award:

Michelle Pfeiffer joins CinemaCon honourees

35 days 4 hours 21 minutes 41 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Still catching up on my e-mail (as usual) and I'm surprised no one posted about this second banner poster for the film:

Yet Another Dark Shadows Banner One-Sheet

The first poster to feature Barnabas actually sitting in the chair.

And here's an endorsement for the 2nd 60 second TV spot:

Another TV Spot For Dark Shadows

35 days 4 hours 1 minute 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Speaking of the casting descriptions of Bella Heathcote as waitress vs. governess (which we weren't in this topic but it did come up in the "Return To Collinwwod" book topic), I was just rereading a lot of the casting articles from back in February of 2011 and what's actually more interesting than her character being described as either a "waitress" or a "governess" is that Heathcote was described as "the female lead" in the film. If that really is the case, they've certainly been doing an excellent job of keeping the prominence/importance of Victoria/Josette under wraps because Heathcote barely appears in any of the official photos and footage.  [easter_undecided]  For all intents and purposes, Eva Green would appear to be the female lead, yet the casting reports for her don't refer to her as such...

34 days 22 hours 31 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!