Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720586 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
they've also taken out when Barnabas declares he's a vampire

I just scanned through the pregame program and that original version was shown again at 4:28 ET. But hopefully something else, preferably some version of the box and peanuts spot, will show up before basketball is over for today...

40 days 6 hours 31 minutes 9 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I should have waited to post until I finished scanning the entire recording because at 4:55 a new 60 second spot ran - with some new footage - and it was even thrown to by Greg Gumbel.

40 days 6 hours 19 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Awesome! 

And here's something else that is awesome...  The new Famous Monsters of Filmland is already out in select locations.  Lots of new pictures apparently! 

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
I just picked up my copy of Famous Monsters -- totally worth it for me cuz of the awesome caricature of Angelique adorning the Lara Parker interview -- but there's also an amazing full page shot of Depp's Barnabas that only increased my excitement for the movie (if that's possible) ...
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
There hasn't been anything else since earlier. In fact, there haven't been any film spots except for a new one for Wrath of the Titans to showcase favorable critic reactions. But since it will still be several hours before I can split the new spot into frames to post screen captures - and perhaps post video of it as well - here's a screen capture I just took myself to give a tease:

Click on the capture for a 1920X1080 version

No doubt that is Collinwood all lit up for the night of the party.  [snow_wink]

40 days 4 hours 2 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
But hopefully something else, preferably some version of the box and peanuts spot, will show up before basketball is over for today...

While I was getting that screen capture of Collinwood, processing it, uploading it, and posting about it, the original version of the box and peanuts spot was indeed shown - at 7:50.  [thumb]

40 days 3 hours 42 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OK - now I've discovered that at 8:30 Greg Gumbel threw it to the first 60 second spot.

At the rate we're going, every single TV spot that we're aware of (and maybe even another new one) might run during today's basketball. Not that I would complain if they do.  [snow_wink]

40 days 3 hours 10 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline usffan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I just noticed in that last spot that the portrait of Barnabas appears to bleed out of his eyes as the camera moves back.  Since they also show blood coming out of his eyes as he is (presumably) being transformed into a vampire, I got something of a Quentin's painting vibe.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Excellent observation. You couldn't even tell that from the crappy YouTube version that we had. It's amazing what a difference high resolution makes.  [snow_wink]

Though I shouldn't put down YouTube too much because those TV spots that Warner Brothers uploaded themselves are so far still only available on YouTube...

40 days 2 hours 44 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And here's something else that is awesome...  The new Famous Monsters of Filmland is already out in select locations.  Lots of new pictures apparently!

This is the best magazine piece that I've seen so far. Good interviews done by Michael Culhane. Tons of photos. Especially like the one with KLS and Frid with her laughing hysterically. Saw that in 16 years ago and it's one of my favorites.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
On a related topic, FWIW, I think I must truly be in my dotage, because I have played each of the spots a couple of times as they have been released, and nowhere did I see a scene of Angelique playing the piano.  I have to presume that either I have intermittent amnesia (which is entirely possible) or it was one of those things that went by so fast I just failed to pick up on what was going on.

It's probably because she's not so much playing the piano as sliding her bum across the keys.  If you don't recall that, check out this trailer at the 1:30 mark:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjg9O7ifwM

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Apparently we're going to have to really pay attention to the various spots and not presume they're the same simply because they start off the same way and are the same length...
Warner Bros. put out over 30 different television spots for Wrath of the Titans, so you're probably going to be busy.  [snow_grin]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
4 screen captures from the new 60 second TV Spot:

Click for larger image: Capture #406

Click for larger image: Capture #416

Click for larger image: Capture #886

Click for larger image: Capture #915

39 days 22 hours 26 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
4 more screen captures:

Click for larger image: Capture #938

Click for larger image: Capture #940

Click for larger image: Capture #957

Click for larger image: Capture #997

39 days 22 hours 24 minutes 2 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the final 4 screen captures:

Click for larger image: Capture #1014

Click for larger image: Capture #1780

Click for larger image: Capture #1952

Click for larger image: Capture #2052

And the TV Spot itself:

The Final Four Show_2012_03_31_15_59_00.mp4 (6.8MB)
(Let's see if like the last video I uploaded here, it makes it's way all around the world.  [snow_wink])

39 days 22 hours 13 minutes 7 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!