Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719608 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
we sort of got a brief glimpse of it in the first trailer, but now there's no mistaking that there's at least one more wing to the house - check out the far left side of Colliwood. Though considering the outside set never included that part, who knows it we'll ever really see that part...

I didn't realize that no one would really be able to see what I was talking about, so I blew that section up:

41 days 1 hour 5 minutes 32 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Odd that none of the trailers or magazine articles have shown Christopher Lee.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Now at least we have some context for him brushing his teeth.  It must be hard for him having to try to impress Victoria.  This may prove to be very interesting...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Yeah see.  The brushing teeth isn't just for laughs it's to impress his lost love! ;) 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
nice to see vicki and her flip hairdo. all we've previously seen is the unfortunate shot of her in the straightjacket.

the josette figure and her contemporary counterparts have traditionally loomed large in this tale. is she a smaller presence this time around? it would appear that way given the way the marketing is being done.

granted miss heathcote is not nearly as well known as the other four actresses but they're really underplaying her in the promotional material.

btw i like the way barnabas calls vicki and carolyn "my dear". that's the way he spoke to young ladies of quality in the OS.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
oh and this is a real stretch but the blond lady in the phone booth looks like the woman roger is seen in an embrace with in the previous spot. [snow_huh]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
another thought...

in the early publicity for this wasn't liz described as being "reclusive" along the same lines as the character in the OS?

yet here we clearly see her at the cannery and other off-collinwood locations. did i imagine that?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
oh and this is a real stretch but the blond lady in the phone booth looks like the woman roger is seen in an embrace with in the previous spot. [snow_huh]

It's certainly a possibility. It's not likely to be Liz. Victoria's hair is all wrong. And I suppose Angelique is still a possibility but also would seem unlikely. A character we don't know seem the likeliest.

I wish I could get a high resolution copy of the TV Spot that shows that scene without the writing all over it. There are two basketball games on tonight, so maybe today...

Actually, it's funny you should bring up the woman in that screen cap because this morning I've been wondering if the actress is possibly the infamous Hannah "Hippe chick" Murray of Twitter/Internet frenzy fame? It sort of looks like her - but it's really hard to be sure.

40 days 12 hours 42 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
in the early publicity for this wasn't liz described as being "reclusive" along the same lines as the character in the OS?

yet here we clearly see her at the cannery and other off-collinwood locations. did i imagine that?

No, you didn't imagine it. Back when Michelle Pfeiffer was cast, Liz was described as not having left Collinwood for 10 years. Apparently something happens in the course of the film to change that.

40 days 12 hours 37 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Now at least we have some context for him brushing his teeth.  It must be hard for him having to try to impress Victoria.  This may prove to be very interesting...

Yes, it's interesting how things can take on a different tone once we get some sort of context and/or we see/hear assumed to be supposedly hilarious and/or out of character dialogue actually delivered.

40 days 12 hours 31 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It's really odd that the TV spots on the Warners YouTube page are different from the ones that have actually aired.  The one that features Julia used to have Willie at the end.  Now it ends with Carolyn.  The box and peanuts ad has a different part of "Top of the World" playing over it.  Wonder why the changes... 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Really? I hadn't noticed those things. I'll have to check them out closer.  [snow_smiley]  However, it's not usual for there to be only very slight differences between TV Spots for films/TV shows. For example, when it comes to the dozens of TV Spots NBC produced to promote the '91 DS, sometimes the only difference between two is the music playing over a certain portion of them.

40 days 8 hours 39 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The one that features Julia used to have Willie at the end.  Now it ends with Carolyn.

I just checked that one out because I had easy access to both versions and not only did they remove Willie's line at the front door and the scene of him and Barnabas by the fireplace, they've also taken out when Barnabas declares he's a vampire and replaced it with his reference to having been stoned.

Apparently we're going to have to really pay attention to the various spots and not presume they're the same simply because they start off the same way and are the same length...

40 days 8 hours 19 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
On a related topic, FWIW, I think I must truly be in my dotage, because I have played each of the spots a couple of times as they have been released, and nowhere did I see a scene of Angelique playing the piano.  I have to presume that either I have intermittent amnesia (which is entirely possible) or it was one of those things that went by so fast I just failed to pick up on what was going on.

I've been amazed at details I have been able to spot in MB's screen captures from the various trailers.  There are some pretty fab bits of set decor lurking around in there.

G.