Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719602 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
a great new banner of Barnabas with all his lady friends (except for his one true love, hmmm)

Thanks so much for the link, madscntst.  [snow_smiley]  And yes, it's interesting that Victoria or Josette isn't included...

41 days 13 hours 5 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline LOOKE300

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
it looks like this film will be a canidate for worse film of the year.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Two more endorsements for the trailer/film

This one comes from Trailer Tracker:

Trailer Tracker : Dark Shadows, Frankenweenie, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

"The man out of time idea has been done before, but setting it 40 years ago is a master stroke."

And this one from The Scorecard Review (which gives the trailer an 8 out 10):

‘Dark Shadows’ starring Johnny Depp – trailer review

"As much as I like Depp here – indeed, this looks like it could be one of his most appealing performances in a few years – Eva Green steals the show. She looks like she’s having a blast in this role, and I love everything she’s doing, especially the look on her face as she “plays” the piano."

I couldn't agree more.  [snow_cheesy]

41 days 7 hours 39 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I whole heartedly agree about the piano scene.  I love boyzz....but WOWZA is Eva sexy! ;)   And I like that she felt she would play Angelique without refacing source material and go her own way.  I love her in everything I have seen her in. She is a great actress.  I think Helena almost seems like she has fused Julia and Grayson since we didn't see G in the big glasses except out of the studio. I can see Helena liking Grayson and her weirdness.

Thanks for the poster.  I am living for them!  :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The text of this article is exactly the same as that of the LA Times Sunday Magazine and that newspaper's Herocomplex Web site, but it features an entirely different photo - one of Barnabas prowling the street from the scene seen in one of the 30 second TV spots:

'Dark Shadows' reinterprets a favorite show from its director's and star's youths

41 days 6 hours 24 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
This seems like a new video but I could be wrong. In any event the studio is still pushing the comedy take because it is simply a comedy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0UAfc56UV0

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That is definitely new. Thanks so much for posting the link.  [snow_smiley]

And the fact that they're still pushing the humor angle is probably no surprise because Warner Brothers has obviously decided that's the angle they want to stress the most. Though there have certainly been several glimpses of other things as well...

And I'll post some screen caps from the new stuff later tonight...

41 days 3 hours 32 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Amazing find, jimbo!  And I like it.  Thanks for the share!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It's interesting that this latest one has been put up by Warner Brothers themselves, which probably explains why it says TV Spot 1 instead of 4. However, I checked the Web site and it doesn't seem to be linked to there - or on the official FB page. At least not that I could see.

41 days 3 hours 16 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It seems WBP uploaded 3 videos today. I don't recall a scene where Barnabas is opening the coffin's lid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVROV424rNc&feature=relmfu

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That one and the one they've numbered as 2 came out last weekend. But it's definitely good to know which ones they've uploaded themselves. Though I do wonder why they haven't uploaded the 60 second spot?  [snow_huh]

41 days 2 hours 5 minutes 21 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
3 screen captures from the new stuff in the third 30 second TV spot:

Love the two new shots of Collinwood. Who knew the outside as well as the inside of the house is adorned with seahorses. And we sort of got a brief glimpse of it in the first trailer, but now there's no mistaking that there's at least one more wing to the house - check out the far left side of Colliwood. Though considering the outside set never included that part, who knows it we'll ever really see that part...

Also, this seems to be the 1972 Collinwood because the landscaping is the same as the outdoor set with the same sort of trees that are seen being planted in the 60 second TV spot while Willie washes the car.

(And again, these aren't nearly as good as if I'd gotten a copy of the TV spot myself - but hopefully that will happen before too long)

41 days 1 hours 19 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
4 more screen captures:

An actual scene involving Victoria - those are certainly few and far between so far.

41 days 1 hours 17 minutes 27 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The last 3 screen captures:

Who knows why Liz has pained expressions this time around?

41 days 1 hours 14 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Thanks for the caps. I adore Collinwood and the fact that a lot of it's interior has to do with the see such as Posiedon and his Trident!   Michelle looks gorgeous in that shot as well!  Loving loving and more loving DS.  I continually get more excited with each passing day. 

Is there anyway to dl these for our own use??? I am just keeping a scrapbook of the movie!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/